Bhagat Singh And The Truth

Hanji all His kirpa veerji. Just remember, there are still enough Indian historians who claim that he wore a European hat for the last 3 years of his life. Some of them of communist background go as far as to say that Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji wasn't able to change Bhagat Singh's views. So watch out for such liars :)

Here is more:

There was a deal with Gandhi and the British to release all Political prisoners from jail. The Britsh however did not class Bhagat Singh as a political prisoner but as a terrorist (throwing bombs in assembly and the murder of sanders)!! As a terrorist He was not allowed any facilities which were available to political prisoners. These included books, paper writing material.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh WAS a political Prisoner. They mention that political prisoners who were allowed these facilities, including themself, still had their letters censored, books seized and writing materials taken away. The theory goes that Bhagat Singh did not write that article or any other as he was not allowed to!!! Instead, Comrades (Communists) who planned to outline Bhagat Singh as one of them and a follower of Arya Samaj wrote these articles and used Bhagat singh's name LONG AFTER HIS SHAHEEDI!!

According to Sources, Bhagat Singh accepted his mistake for cutting his hair and after meeting Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, Bhagat Singh decided to grow his hair back!!

Hanji all His kirpa veerji. Just remember, there are still enough Indian historians who claim that he wore a European hat for the last 3 years of his life. Some of them of communist background go as far as to say that Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh ji wasn't able to change Bhagat Singh's views. So watch out for such liars :)

Here is more: http://www.sikhsanga...post__p__291946

I remember that thread.. i tried to dig that thread up but couldn't find it :) here's the old post...

We contacted someone who is pro in these matters.

-----------------------

Here's his viewpoint on this topic:

Here I take some quotes from the article “Why I am Atheist” supposedly written Bhagat Singh and try to bring out falsies/inaccuracies, which could not have come from Bhagat Singh’s pen. This document seems to be a doctored one.

Quote:

“My grandfather under whose influence I was brought up is an orthodox Arya Samajist. An Arya Samajist is anything but an atheist. After finishing my primary education I joined the D.A.V. School of Lahore and stayed in its Boarding House for full one year. There, apart from morning and evening prayers, I used to recite "Gayatri Mantra" for hours and hours. I was perfect devotee in those days. Later on I began to live with my father. He is a liberalinas much as the orthodoxy of religions is concerned. It was through his teachings that I aspired to devote my life to the cause of freedom. But he is not an atheist. He is a firm believer. He used to encourage me for offering prayers daily. So this how I was brought up. In the Non-Cooperation days I joined the National College. It was there that I began to think liberally and discuss and criticize all the religious problem, even about God. But still I was a devout believer. By that time I had begun to preserve the unshorn and unclipped long hair but I could never believe in the mythology and doctrines of Sikhism or any other religion. But I had a firm faith in God's existence.”

Comments:

Bhagat Singh’s Grandfather was a Sikh not Arya Samajist. Bhagat Singh’s father and Uncle Sardar Ajit Singh were taken to Anadpur Sahib to take Pahul (Amrit Chakana). It is not mentioned here as what prayers his father asked him to recite. The fact that Sardar Kishan Singh father of Bhagat Singh was Amritdhari is not mentioned. In support here is a quote from Ajit Singh’s Autobiography

Amrit

As a kid I was taken along with my elder brother to Anandpur for the performance of the ceremony of Sikh Baptism which is called Pohal or Amrit chhakna. It was the time of Holi festival which the Sikhs, after their masculine fashion, call Hola. I remember very well the sugar water given to us as a drink for making us Singhs and immortals, A part of it was sprinkled on the faces as a sign of sanctification. This ceremony teaches the person who undergoes ti not to fear death, and to fight against the oppressors, tyrants and the unjust people and to protect the weak, the poor, the old, the children and womenfolk from all sorts of molestation. From that day onward one has to be pure in body and heart. This is why the Sikhs are called Khalsa i.e. pure. After the ceremony is performed those having out-wardly an appearance of the Khalsa but having their hearts and sometime their bodies too full of impurities are a disgrace to the panth and to the sacred cause. [This was] preached by the Guru. On the Hola festival a red colour substance known as Gulal was thrown on the faces and clothes of people joining the festival. It appeared quite lovely to see people with new clothes, faces and bodies besmeared with the red colour, going to Anandpur on a festival for the ceremony of Pohal. Our family from the time of the tenth Guru always took the male members there.

There was a deal with Gandhi and the British to release all Political prisoners from jail. The Britsh however did not class Bhagat Singh as a political prisoner but as a terrorist (throwing bombs in assembly and the murder of sanders)!! As a terrorist He was not allowed any facilities which were available to political prisoners. These included books, paper writing material.

Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh WAS a political Prisoner. They mention that political prisoners who were allowed these facilities, including themself, still had their letters censored, books seized and writing materials taken away. The theory goes that Bhagat Singh did not write that article or any other as he was not allowed to!!! Instead, Comrades (Communists) who planned to outline Bhagat Singh as one of them and a follower of Arya Samaj wrote these articles and used Bhagat singh's name LONG AFTER HIS SHAHEEDI!!

According to Sources, Bhagat Singh accepted his mistake for cutting his hair and after meeting Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, Bhagat Singh decided to grow his hair back!!

True !!! Gandhi never supported Bhagat Singh because he and other dhoti with tirshi topi walay were afraid that Bhagat Singh will take over the PM'ship if released. Gandhi clan never supported any freedom fighter from Punjab nor they support the Azad Hind Force for their unsuccessful attempt to overthrow British government in India. I did this brief interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV629DaLErI) of Sardar Nazar Singh (Japanese POW and he was one of the serveral sikh soldiers of British India who went on strike against British when they refused to wear helmet in singapore). British were afraid that when if this strike news spread to other sikh regiments around the globe, they will stop fighting... so that sikh regiment were sent away in a very dangerous island with full of enemies (japanese) near australia. They were left there in jungles without any link to command center nor any ration and many died in swamps/hunger/dehydration etc. It was one kind of horrible punishment given to them.Japanese captured them and then they joined Azad Hind Force via Shubash Chandar Bose... Bose died and movement died..

When they reached India.. they were treated like criminals by British and also by gandhi clan. They suffered in jails for many months and gandhi flatly refused to offer any help to these soldiers. No legal help was given and gandhi clan told british out in open that these people are in fact real criminals. They even went to this far telling british that we believe in non-violent movement and these warriors are disgrace to nation. Many court cases goes on and on and due to singhs own truth story made judge to release all of them without any charge but those singhs including Nazar Singh suffered a lot. Sorry for short clip on youtube.. i was student back then and had virtually no funds, so recorded the interview on crappy hand camera on tripod...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV629DaLErI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV629DaLErI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So the point is that gandhi or arya samaj hated Sikhs since the first day of all movements. They were jealous of our bravery and courage to deal many issues. All they did was to take credits for all work that Punjabis did. Arya Samaj knew the power of Bhagat Singh and how many people were behind him during those days. Many would start following sikhi lifestyle after getting inspired by Bhagat Singh icon. So they or someone else from their same mindset released the letter and made him atheist in front of the world. He may was an atheist but what happened to him in jail is only known to inner circle of sikhs. Nobody will believe that Bhagat Singh was scared of hanging and it was after the meeting of bhai sahib he started believing in bani and started in the path of sikhi.

Why is Bhagat Singh loved and adored by so many people it's because he in his early ages did not have a beard. Also his picture that is always shown is with a hat on and no beard. Some times with a dastar. The beard and dastar is hated by the Punjabis and for them Bhagat Singh is the biggest hero in the world because he did not have them. So it's not they glorify him for his doing, but for his exterior look. His actions are just there as back up to rub in the faces of the Beard and Dastar. IT's the same reason why these individuals call Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa a terrorist and Bhagat Singh their hero. Sant ji kept a beard and Dastar, which these individuals hate with passion and Bhagat Singh didn't.

Just to make it clear this is not a post of Sant ji vs Bhagat Singh, but a post against hypocrisy of the Punjabis and others like them.

They refuse to accept he actually accepted Sikhi later on closer to his death.

Japanese captured them and then they joined Azad Hind Force via Shubash Chandar Bose... Bose died and movement died..
You are right S1ngha. The Azad Hind Fauj (Indian National Army) started by Subhash Chandra Bose had 66,000 soldiers, and two-thirds of that, meaning 28,000 were Sikhs. There was an airplane crash in 1945 in which it is said Bose died, but his death remained a mystery for a long time ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Subhash_Chandra_Bose ).

• 2 weeks later...

What ever the view about Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh's religious views whilst in jail, there are many stories. Make your mind up based on the evidence you have before you. (there is a muesuem on the Nawanshaher - Banga main Road. Many of his own writings are there). He did practice Sikhi in earlier life - fact he was a Sikh, from a Sikh family. OK he did cut his hair, later in life (He sacrificied his life for the benefit of many in his young 20's. 23 years old, he was murdered by the British raj, he would have been a true great leader, if he had not been murdered. Gandhi etc. approved of the British actions, they did not want a true HERO! to become the leader of the country. In my view Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh would have had the biggest following post independence.

Punjab would never have been partioned. Our shrines such as Nanakana Shaib, Birthplace of Sri Guru nanak Dev Ji, and Panja Sahib, Hassan Abdul to do darshan you need a visa!! For generations Punjab was Punjab! It is the land off our ancestors! Our forefathers travelled where they wanted, you did not need some stamp to allow you to go to a place where you want to do darshan. It's all politics! AHHH! The masses under the guise of religion fall for the tactics of leaders, who for their own personal benefits, lead the masses, distorting facts, fabricating stories. It's just the mentality of the masses which annoys me. A leader in the name of faith, says something, because you belong to that faith you follow the majority like sheep. The brave who speak up, are accussed, they are called derogatory words and threatend. They are supposively helping and supporting the other side.

100% FACT - Mohammed Ali Jinnah - Founder of Pakistan, Father of Pakistan, His photos is on the money, Leader of the Muslim League, was an alcoholic - 100% fact. Islam condones alcholic consumtion. So why, just because Jinnah sahib, was in power could he use the name of Islam, Islam is a great religion to it's followers. I do not oppose members of the faith of Islam. But why can the masses of Punjab's muslim population have fallen for this guy? The rest of Hindustan did but Punjabi's aswell!! Jinnah ji was an arrogant, intolerant and hypocritcal human. Maybe I am wrong please forgive if I offended. Maybe I am wrong because he may have been good in the ALMIGHTIES view. He was lucky to live to see his dream / wish come true. Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh was not fortunate in living to see his goal being realised. It was not even that much more longer, before the British left. (Sorry I don't know correct terminolgy, I know GOD has no views. We can't describe GOD in our words - please understand what I mean). Also I do not want to offend Brit's. I am proud to be British. However, no one can deny the Brits during the raj were not totally faultless and did not do wrong in some cases. They did also do many beneficial activites aswell I am not denying that. The Brits had the most positive impact on India than any other invader. They did also not do it in the goodness of their heart, they did also make a profit and took many valuable assets out of the country.

Please just research Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh. His life, his ideals, actions etc. A true great human in my eyes. A hero in my eyes. From a Sikh perspective as this is a Sikh forum, he did not practice Sikhi 100%, we all know he cut his hair. But did he not practice and hold the views of our great faith? Fight oppression, stick up for the weak? Cutting his hair was a big mistake from a Sikhi perspective. But, did he not hold a true Sikh's ideology, Fight oppression and tyranny? What difference does it make if he decided towards the final days of his great live, he expressed the wish to take amrit. If he did not express that view and did not grow his hair back, read gurbani etc. Which for 100% fact he did read gurbani, did have full kesh. Why would you then look at him in another light? If he had the same image / saroop would you still think he was a true shaheed or great person or not?

Sorry if I come across as offensive in my post. Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh is one of my true HEROES!! My ancestors are from the same area. I also belong to Sandhu Jatt family. Khatkar Kalan, Nawanshaher District, Punjab. No direct relation to the great Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh. Look please look at the sacrifices Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh took in his live, please he put his body through so much pain for his beliefs. Is that not the actions of a great, with regards to Sikhi. Shaheed - E - Azam Bhagat Singh, did not once reject the ideals he held dear to his heart. Many of his so called satthees (colleugues / friends/ associates) did. I am so pleased Nawanshaher was re-named and offically known as Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar. (Look please don't hate on that point about Jatt. I don't believe in castes. All my official doc's passport, driving licence, birth / marriage certificate has my surname as Singh. First time I mentioned my tribal Surname. I have always from birth used Singh). I am very liberally minded, just look at my outlook on live.