The Shere Punjab Gang From Birmingham

what was it in the 90's that made this group so strong and why doesn't a group like this exsist anymore

my cousins from birmingham have told me stories of this group how they would go to bhangra gigs and smash the pakistanis who would come to cause trouble, in unis and on the streets they protected the sikh community from islamic extremists

I don't think a group should be made for such a thing. Each individual should be able to protect themself and if the need ever erupt, bring other Singhs for self defense. I think Subaig Singh is a perfect example of this.

In any case the authorities are the best to deal with such extremists, living in an honorable nation (non-corrupt, unlike India/Punjab) you should trust the government with your tax dollars and make the appropriate cases and reports.

At any rate, i'm from the States so I might not understand the full scene. I do know there are a lot of islamic extremists and i've heard plenty of stories from the UK. What always confused me is why mainly in the Uk and not in the US or Canada. I'm sure there are, just not as many cases?

• Like 1

WJKK WJKFF

I personally know some of the guys who were involved in the 90's and have great respect for some of things they did.

I agree there should be a group but on the quite if you know what i mean, nothing to boast about, just do the necessary when need be, bit like the jewish mosad. We are decades away from it but will need it at some point.

Guest MereRamRai

what was it in the 90's that made this group so strong and why doesn't a group like this exsist anymore

In the early 90's the enemy was the Mirpuri terrorist types, making fun of Indians. Today the enemy is within Sikhism. Over 80% of the Sikhs in Birmingham no longer support Kesas on the head and are generally alcoholics. Numbers do not matter when you have a enemy in your backyard. There are over a dozen Guru Ghars in Birmingham but the Rasila Radha Swami Satsang, Namdhari Gurdwara and Nirankari Bhawan attracts alot of Sikhs.

In the early 90's the enemy was the Mirpuri terrorist types, making fun of Indians. Today the enemy is within Sikhism. Over 80% of the Sikhs in Birmingham no longer support Kesas on the head and are generally alcoholics. Numbers do not matter when you have a enemy in your backyard. There are over a dozen Guru Ghars in Birmingham but the Rasila Radha Swami Satsang, Namdhari Gurdwara and Nirankari Bhawan attracts alot of Sikhs.

Pretty valid comments...the move to Patit Pauna (destruction of kes and rehat) and the disregard of Sikh beliefs would make it difficult for an underground organisation like this to exisit today...Back to basics...Today it's about bringing back Sikh values and the Sikh roop to that same Punjabi community...once we get that going again then we will be able to form strong groups....In the 1990s Sikhs wanted to be Sikhs....today Sikhs want to be Jazzy B or Baboo Booboo....

Guest fordcapri

Sorry the above is internet rumours, and second hand infos

Heres the real deal regarding S.P of the 80s

Shere Panjab Birmingham is made up mostly of the first British Born Sikhs to go through the U.K schooling system; In addition to that you have leading figures of sp that came to England when they were 5-12. Majority of S.P were mainly munair with a hand full of Singhs.

S.P.emerged out of a gang from Handsworth called the donkies a named adopted as they wore donkey jackets. Holyhead secondary school was the core of the donkey gang.

After leaving school there wasn’t much to look forward no fancy vocational courses then!! They left school on to the dole

Football, fighting vandalism, and dirking is the main pass time. Wedge head hair cuts, adidas samba, and drain pipe cords or jeans with Pringles jumpers are the order of the day. They go college but will be on there for 2 months max.

At the same in Aston you have the Aston Panthers who are emerging not only as a street gang but with sinister campaign to convert Sikh girls for conservation to push in to prostitution.

Aston and Handsworth are neighbouring areas with lozzles or Perry barr separating them.

Clashes in college between Sikhs and Muslims result in to more people coming together in the donkey gang.

Now at 19 some in job and some out of work The donkey gang peaked in 1986 when they came to Aston to the guild pun in numbers around of 200 plus to sort out the Panthers after long rising tensions, people are hurt; weapons are used in the raid. Lads are arrested, this when it hits the media and the talking point of every Punjabi household.

Some Singhs of martial arts back grounds from south Birmingham and handsworth took note of what was happening. They came on the scene started to organize meetings, training, and talks.

The boozing and fighting culture is still there. The name of Shere Panjab is adopted, small local gangs and handy from Smethwick, winson green, wbrom and cape hill are brought in.

S.P now have name and a identity ,sp badges were made, small orange silky handy chiefs were in a pockets a bit hanging bout of the back if jeans,

Jail was a common, violence was flaring eve with blacks with of handsworth. S.P has peaked too early.

In the 90s people were getting married, having kids opening business, some went the other in to organized crime.

A football team is set up under the SP banner; it’s a regular meeting place on Saturdays with all day drinking. There’s criminal activity, Aston panthers and Muslims are forgotten years.

Circa 1997 sp is just a football team and a group of old school lads who meet.

Conversations has changed from who in prison to “hows the kids” some turned to Sikh and are totally changed,

Sp were of a tough back ground where gang culture was youth culture, they deserve place in British Sikh History.

Ford Capri

• 10 months later...

I think there should be sikh gangs in every city, so they can protect our community; if u look at the paki's they have gangs, majority of gangs in the uk are muslim gangs which means they oppress other communities, the sikh youth nowadays aren't aware of the harsh realities which i blame their parents for, sikh boy's hardly dont know how to find, and the girls are checking the paki's and getting converted to islam, <banned word filter activated>'s that all about ??? singhs get terroised by muslims in birmingham (alum rock ) bradford etc, on eid n that sikh mans turbans get knocked off, and what do we do, nothing

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

I say the girls who want to convert let them you cant stop them once they have made up their mind start in your own homes and look at your own families then get the girls from your family to warn other girls that way we wont have a need for the drunken idiots like Shere Punjab and the other gangs

Once the girls start recognizing the tactics and reporting it to police the muslims will stop themselves

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I say the girls who want to convert let them you cant stop them once they have made up their mind start in your own homes and look at your own families then get the girls from your family to warn other girls that way we wont have a need for the drunken idiots like Shere Punjab and the other gangs

Once the girls start recognizing the tactics and reporting it to police the muslims will stop themselves

you don't see the point the muslims make them think they like them and then they sleep with them then threaten to tell there parents. my uncle saved a couple of girls who had this done to them. the plan was to sell them as slaves in pakistan. you see thy don't covert by free wil but by force. why would they covert out of free will to islam.

i would rather have drunken idiots like shere e punjab than nothing, cuz atleast they wud protect our communtity and not let it get suppressed! back in the 80's shere e punjab used to go to clubs in alum rock where there heavily packed with paki's and smack the <banned word filter activated> out of the pakis and they were never to be seen at the clubs where as now its the other way round.

true they got revenge on alot of muslis and stopped them from doing these things to sikh girls but sadly it happens today. we need to do something about this now!