Fao: Sikhs In America

Does anyone know where there are large communities of sikhs in the US? Also, are there places similar to Southall or Soho Road area, where the vast majority of people are punjabi / sikh or is everyone more spread out over there?

Like to chat to any veers and sisters living in the USA.

Does anyone know where there are large communities of sikhs in the US? Also, are there places similar to Southall or Soho Road area, where the vast majority of people are punjabi / sikh or is everyone more spread out over there?

Here are some Urban Centers of Sikhs. Colleges also serve as places where Sikh youth congregate.

Yuba City, CA

Queens, New York

Central Valley(Inland Region of California), California - Lots of Farmland

Hollywood, CA (White Sikhs have a Guru RamDas Ashram)

Espinoala, New Mexico - the area where American Sikhs are centered.

Greater Los Angeles Area is home to many Sikhs.

Here are some Urban Centers of Sikhs. Colleges also serve as places where Sikh youth congregate.

Yuba City, CA

Queens, New York

Central Valley(Inland Region of California), California - Lots of Farmland

Hollywood, CA (White Sikhs have a Guru RamDas Ashram)

Espinoala, New Mexico - the area where American Sikhs are centered.

Greater Los Angeles Area is home to many Sikhs.

are you from USA?

Bay area is probably the best place to settle down. Sacramento is nice too. Yuba city, Stockton, fresno and other central valley cities are too much backward type in my opinion. I myself live in central valley and I hate the weather. Bay is nice all yr round.

Sangat/gurdwara wise, I would suggest either San Jose, el sobrante or Fremont... These cities have more gurughar programs than valley gurdwaras.

Bay area is probably the best place to settle down. Sacramento is nice too. Yuba city, Stockton, fresno and other central valley cities are too much backward type in my opinion. I myself live in central valley and I hate the weather. Bay is nice all yr round.

Sangat/gurdwara wise, I would suggest either San Jose, el sobrante or Fremont... These cities have more gurughar programs than valley gurdwaras.

Yeah the weather is extreme, but I still like Fresno. Born and raised haha

The plus about Fresno is that the housing and everything in general is A LOTT cheaper.

I do not live in USA, but have been a few times. I have some family in various parts of Queens. But that's like a massive area. Richmond Hill has a lot of Sikh's and Gauyanese. Also Jackson Heights is the area where I have personally seen alot of Asians. That means like all Asians i.e Middle Eastern and Indian Sub-Continent. Mainly Arabs though.

Also in America the word Asian refers to Far Eastern / Oriental Asian i.e. Chinese/Japanese/Korean etc.