A Correct Interpretation Of Dasam Bani

But the fact remains that it was singh sabha Amritsar that supported plans of Maharaja Dalip singh.

It was singh sabha Lahore that passed resolution in specific disowning Maharaja dalip singh.That speaks a lot of

their traitorus attitude towards sikh aspirations.Gurmukhs ingh was acting as a spy for English terming his peopel as traitors to english raj.He demanded ban on sau sakhi that promoted Dalip's return to Punjab.What a shameful act. by him.One can never forgive them for that.Is there a reason why they did that

other than pleasing English.They could have stayed neutral.But passing a resolution was stabbing panth in the back.

I have full details about their activities backing British and calling their people who were rising for dalip singh as uncivilsed and traitors. It is a fact between two factions English sided with lahore singh sabha.

The lesser said about pseudo khalistanis the better as most of these elements are sworn enemies of Dasam pita's bani.

What a tragedy they want khalistan where they do not want any khalsa.

In matter of religion we should always side with facts and not with factions.

Singh, when Sikhs bow to shastr and do shastr di puja is that not worshiping the shakti of Vaheguru? And why is worshiping the shakti of Vaheguru not gurmat?

This questions is open to anyone that knows.

What i meant by worshiping the shakti of vahiguroo(contary to gurmat) is naam abhyaas on shakti of vahiguroo, we are supposed to do naam abhyaas on all aspects of vahiguroo as mentioned in mool mantar not just on shakti.

It may be acceptable in dharam yudh where singhs truly do abhyaas of shastar/shakti in order invoke chandi /bir ras but i m sure khalsa is not outright tamoguni so khalsa is given updesh to have fine balance between shakat and shakti aspect of vahiguroo.

Listen to bhai kamlroop singh and bhai sukha singh ji katha on shakat and shakti aspect of vahiguroo:

http://vimeo.com/7384260

But the fact remains that it was singh sabha Amritsar that supported plans of Maharaja Dalip singh.

It was singh sabha Lahore that passed resolution in specific disowning Maharaja dalip singh.That speaks a lot of

their traitorus attitude towards sikh aspirations.Gurmukhs ingh was acting as a spy for English terming his peopel as traitors to english raj.He demanded ban on sau sakhi that promoted Dalip's return to Punjab.What a shameful act. by him.One can never forgive them for that.Is there a reason why they did that

other than pleasing English.They could have stayed neutral.But passing a resolution was stabbing panth in the back.

I have full details about their activities backing British and calling their people who were rising for dalip singh as uncivilsed and traitors. It is a fact between two factions English sided with lahore singh sabha.

The lesser said about pseudo khalistanis the better as most of these elements are sworn enemies of Dasam pita's bani.

What a tragedy they want khalistan where they do not want any khalsa.

In matter of religion we should always side with facts and not with factions.

Bhai Sahib Ji,

It is my request that we not paint everyone from the Singh Sabha Lehar with the same brush.

Singh Sabha Amritsar, was controlled by rich aristocrats who along with Thakur Singh Sadhawalia have selfish reasons to bring Daleep Singh back.

Those reasons had nothing to do with Gurmat. Near the end Ranjit Singh's Raj had nothing to do with Gurmat. That is why the Dogras and Poorbias were doing so much damage.

If Singh Sabha Amritsar were in line with Gurmat, they would never allow Khem Singh Bedi to sit parallel to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji on a pedestal, and openly promote the caste system.

We can disagree with the political views of Gurmukh Singh, and the obnoxious follies of Khem Singh Bedi, but do not denounce the movement that single handedly brought about the revival of Gurmat back into Sikhism from the dark days after the fall of the Sikh Raj.

Here is an image of Duleep Singh during that time, what kind of Gurmat would he have spread?

2611397994_ef596c38ac.jpg?v=0

What ever Gurmat was spread it was done by the Singh Sabha Lehar, to deny that is denying our own history.

Today, Kala-Afghanis and Sant-Smajis proclaim that the Singh Sabha Lehar was anti-Sri Dasam Granth. This is not true, Giani Dit Singh was one of the strongest proponents of Sri Dasam Bani at that time.

The newspapers and pamphlets run by the penniless Giani Dit Singh (more than 100 years ago) have done more in promoting the real message of Sri Dasam Bani than the millionaire Sant-Samajis have done for the past 30 years.

[it all depends on intention of an individual who is trying to illustrate shakti form of Vahiguroo. If sikh worship and or prasiing only shakti aspect of Vahiguroo via these pictures or other way and limiting all other aspects of vahiguroo and not worship nirgun form of vahiguroo via shabad without any question, he/she committing idol worshiping, should be condemned by Gurmat.

Wjkk Wjkf Neo Veerji,

The reason i suggested that about the images is these images have been traditionally associated with Hindu faith, and although i agree with where you are coming from, i still think they tend to confuse the 'average' reader, and by average i mean someone who has not studied the scriptures deeply. I think when people go read something, the first thing they are going to look at is the visuals and that affects the subconcious. The paranoia kicks in, and that influences their understanding of the written text, hence the reason for all this misunderstanding.

Bhai sahib

Sikhs had their own rule.it was taken away from them through deceit.

Dalip singh was sent out as a child. Every patriotic sikh will support his return

as that ushers in khalsa raj and put sikhs in much better position than being under british.

Dalip singh had returned to khalsa fold when he knew about his past and was administered

Amrit at Aden. He went through harrowing ordeal fighting for his return.There is a book

The maharaja's box detailing tragedy of Dalip singh.

I have absolutely no raeson to doubt sincerity of Thakar singh sandhawalia. He was a devout sikh and in fact

the originator of sikh movement against onslaught of Hiduss and Christain missionaries.He is the one who

started to instil sikh pride among sikhs by taking parbhat pheris in the early morning hours in villages around Amritsar.

He is the one who told Dalip singh about his sikh heritage. He was rich enough but still sacrificed everything for sikh glory.

He died forlorn in far away Pondicherry and its is suspected that he was poisoned by british.Let us not doubt his motives

just to favour toadies.

I cann't imagine any sikh opposing restoration of Punjab to sikhs.It is a fact all sikhs supported

dalip as when he was in Calcutta staying in a hotel, sikh regiment soldiers statiioned there made a

beeline to see him.This is the respect he carriied among sikhs.He was sent back from there only.

I am not able to justify any sikh supporting british against their own ruler.Only traitors will oppose restoration of sikh rule in Punjab.Lahore singh sabha proved to be one of them..

A time will come when all this will come to public light and they will have to be condemned for this traitorous act of their inspite of good work they did in orgnaizing sikhs.

Once i was their great fan but i lost all respect for them because of this attitude of supporting british at the cost of their own people.

Brief background of singh sabha

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/sikh-organisations/khalsa-diwan-amritsar.html

Khalsa Diwan Amritsar

Singh Sabha Reform Organisation 1883

Established at Amritsar on 11 April 1883 to oversee and provide direction to the work of the Singh Sabha. This reform movement had originated in Amritsar with the formation of the first Singh Sabha on I October 1873. Singh Sabhas began springing up in other places, the one at Lahore being formed on 2 November 1879. Amritsar and Lahore Singh Sabhas joined hands to evolve a common platform under the name of General Sabha set up at Amritsar on 11 April 1880.

The General Sabha turned itself on 11 April 1883 into the Khalsa Diwan, the central body to which thirty-six Singh Sabhas were initially affiliated. The Lieutenant- Governor of the Punjab and Raja Bikram Singh of Faridkot were its patrons with Baba Khem Singh Bedi as president and Bhai Gurmukh Singh as chief secretary. The Diwan addressed itself to the tasks of religious and social reform and the promotion of education. It was the first representative organization of the Sikhs and at the time of the visit to Amritsar of the Governor-General, Lord Dufferin, it presented to him on 11 April 1885 an address stressing mainly the educational backwardness of the community and seeking the means to redress it. But the Diwan suffered a setback as a schism occurred between the Amritsar and Lahore Singh Sabhas.

The Lahore group was especially critical of the way Baba Khem Singh Bedi, being a direct lineal descendant of Guru Nanak, was apotheosized by his followers and how he sat in the sangat on a special seat, gadaila or cushion even in the presence of the Guru Granth Sahib for which reason the Amritsar group was pejoratively called the Gadaila Party. Opinion was sharply divided at the annual meeting of the Khalsa Diwan in April 1884 when the Rawalpindi Singh Sabha under the influence of Baba Khem Singh proposed that the name of the Singh Sabha be changed to Sikh Singh Sabha to enable non-baptized Sikhs to enroll as members.

This was strongly opposed by the Lahore spokesman, Bhai Gurmukh Singh, and the meeting broke up in confusion.

The publication in May 1885 of a book in Urdu entitled Khurshid Khalsa, written by Bava Nihal Singh, caused further antagonism between the two groups. The book contained passages against the government and in favour of Maharaja Duleep Singh who had by that time turned a rebel. To this the Lahore party objected and asked the author to withdraw the book. Gurmukh Singh as secretary of the Khalsa Diwan issued a letter in October 1885, clearing the Diwan of any connection with the publication and throwing the entire blame on the author, who had the backing of the Amritsar faction. As the differences came to a head, the Lahore group split from the parent body and set up on 11 April 1886 a separate organization called the Khalsa Diwan Lahore.

The truncated Amritsar Diwan was left with fewer than 10 Singh Sabhas affiliated to it - three important ones among them being those of Amritsar, Rawalpindi and Faridkot. A new constitution of the Diwan adopted in September 1887 failed to stem the decline; it in fact accelerated the process. Under the new scheme the Diwan split itself into two divisions - the upper house called Mahan Khand representing the aristocracy and the lower house Saman Khand representing the common people. Baba Khem Singh was president of the former and Man Singh, manager of Sri Darbar Sahib, Amritsar, of the latter, with Raja Bikram Singh as patron at the apex. The Diwan became defunct with the establishment of the Chief Khalsa Diwan in 1902.

Source: TheSikhEncyclopedia.Com

Dalip Singh was deeply in debt in his later life. To gather money and perhaps to reclaim lost glory he tried to play the 'Sikh Rule' & 'oh i am your prince from heaven' card and failed miserably.

Dont forget it was the same treacherous Sikh regiment of Ranjit Singh who helped defeat the so called first war of Indian Independence (1857). The fact is India would have got independence from British if the Sikhs had not supported the British in 1857. Perhaps we should ask ourselves why the Army of Ranjit Singh thought of supporting the people who took the Kingdom from his Son. The toadies of British were the Khalsa Army, not Singh Sabha. (this is not my personal opinion, only info from unbiased 'older' and 'original' historical sources )

by the way if some descedent of Ranjit tried to play that card again i will totally oppose it and i am not anyones toady, just democratic .

So you are baring your love for Hindustani raj of moghals and Hindus and condemning Khalsa army that went to defeat them.

That shows your love for tyranny and unsympathetic attitude towards sikh rule. You are speaking the language of Indian toadies and right wing Hindus who condemn sikhs for not suporting Ghadar.That too on a sikh forum.

Do not forget that these bhaiyas called poorbias outraged modesty of Punjabis when they entered Punjab under British after sikh

wars. Sikhs had not forgotten that.They gave these bhaiyas their due back.

Sikhs have a history of not forgetting their enemies and their agents. A sikh will better understand the cause for not supporting ghadarby those who were hunting for sikhs during their rule and also were responsible for serving British to overtake their kingdom.Roles of treacherous Poorbia Generals Tej singh and Lal singh are still fresh in sikh minds.