Muslims Are Taking Over Canada

inderking

Guest Jacfsing2

I live in America, where the Muslim population is about 10 times bigger than the Sikh population, and there hasn't been any special problems. Though I still think we have more problems with the Indians, who still love their India even after immigrating.

Main factors would be because the Muslim population is made of over 50 countries and we are just from Punjab.

What you notice is that particular muslim communities would tend to congregate closer to non-muslim communities of which they have the closest cultural affinity to i.e. Turks with Greeks, Syrian/Lebanese muslims with Syriac/Maronite/Lebanese/Chaldean Christians, Pakistanis with Indians.

US/Canada has different dynamics because historically the immigrant population has been more diverse which perhaps dilute things as well as being geographically larger which would mean people being more spread out. UK dynamics historically have been less diverse, with a few major ethnic groups who have lived cheek by jowl, this is due to the fact UK is smaller geographically but more densely populated.

The issue with us is not muslims per se but Pakistani Muslims and more specifically the Mirpuri types who make up a substantial majority of the Pakistani population of the UK. For a lot of Sikhs in the UK, the less muslims and particularly Pakistanis in the area they live in, the invarioubly feel that their quality of life increases considerably. The main reason for this is because a lot of Sikhs pioneer in moving into an area and do the groundwork to set themselves in a community, set up an infrastructure, integrate to be part of that community.

What happens afterwards is that Pakistani muslims follow after a few years, breed and overpopulate that area, it goes straight to the dogs and some of them start to claim Islamic victory that it is their area now. So effectively what you have is "Sikh Flight" into other areas, after all the hard work done by the Sikhs initially and then Abdul Mirpuri-come-lately arrives never having to work to establish anything. This sounds racist, but I think this is one the main issues with a lot of UK Sikhs as well as others widely mentioned.

The fact remains wherever we Sikhs go, Pakistanis will gravitate towards us because for all their Islamic identity that they like to parade and brag about, they will never be Arabs or any of the other Muslim master races (Turks or Persians) and they will have more commonality with us whether they like it or not.

However, the demographics are changing in the UK particularly in the South East of England. In the last 10-15 years, with new EU countries there has been a huge influx of East Europeans and they have moved large numbers.

Communities that have been largely Indian/Pakistani have become more diluted (that is my perception at least), where there was a Punjabi grocery shop, there is now a Polski Sklep (Polish shops ironically run by Afghan Sikhs). It will be interesting to see the direction of the UK Sikh community in the coming years.