Dumalla Competition - Starts Here -

atl singh

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkf...well actually..i am not an amritdhari anymore..i was then..been in this family..well maybe it wasnt the right time for me 2 take..cause my family is not so religious...i am now practising to be a vege n an amritdahri...i have seen a person in my state..wearing this.n had inspration for it..i have tried tying it..but i think it was quiet ok..just wanted a guied...if anyone could help me..i realllllllyy....need to tie this thing on my head..wjkk wjkf...

Don't worry veerjee/phaenjee.. Don't feel bad by looking at others.. You will and can do it by yourself if you try to follow guru's path. All you got to do is follow simple rehat and be on your own jeoo and try to do daily prayers and then get ready for amritdhari lifestyle.. Practice is the key !!

wjkk wjkf..tq sigh for ur support..well actually..i think i can tie the dumalla by my own..it is just tht i need a tip on how 2 tie up my hair..so tht i could tie the dumallla..if anyone could give a hint..tq..n btw..i tried tying the dumalla..n it was very nice i quest..i will post it on 20 sept..so chill out n wait for it.. :lol: ..ok bye..wjkk wjkf..

vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh!!

here's a good way to do your jooRa, its really confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it... its definitely is much sturdier and easier to tie if you do this (from mata bhaag kaur jagrati dal website):

<<

of kapRa to cover your head under your keski just let the keski

itself cover the kes? the reason i ask is because my juRa isn't

exactly a juRa, i just wrap my hair around sort of loosely. and if i

dont have an extra kapRa keeping my kesh in place, then tying a

proper keski becomes very hard.>>>>

--->>> Bhanji, one really important thing I should mention here is make sure you don't just wrap your kes around and around, please please do a gandh (knot) in your kes. A lot of bibiaan just wrap their hair around and around to get a small dastaar, but your kes should be tied in a "top knot" as always referred to as in the past and today by non-sikhs. Some reasons for this are your kes will not fly all over hte place if someone were to remove your dastaar, as well as it results in a much tidier and sturdier dumalla...there are spiritual reasons for which I will try to provide a reference for as soon as possible. Bhanji, I don't think you need to wrap extra capra around your joora if you wrap your kes initially into your keski (this is what I do and find it works well). What I do is I wrap my kes into 1/3 of my keski (wh

ich is 4.5 yards or so long) and twist it and tie a knot at the top of my head and wrap the remaining hair and keski around my joora (I stick my kangay etc. under my jooRa at this point) and the remaining 2/3 of my keski I use to wrap around my head covering it completely. I hope that makes sense, but I think if you do this you will not need to worry about a flimsy jooRa and wrapping additional capra than your keski around your kes. I also think you will find you have a much stronger and sturdier dumalla. Also please don't twist your hair too tightly into your keski, you will find that your hairline will begin to recede very quickly! hehe.