Gurudwara Party Halls

Therefore - can you please remove the Guru Nanak Gurdwara Telford from your list please - as this association hasn't been the case for a while now.

WJKK WJKF

If this is the case, then why do almost all references on the interent show the contact details as "Guru Nanak Gurudwara and Sikh Community Center" which appears to be one entity. If this is the case, you need to ensure all databases are updated. A simple google search shows the following:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=telford+sikh+community+centre&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a member of the sangat and I'm quite positive this is not the case. I don't believe it is entirely fair that a list is based solely out of date information on the internet. I will indeed fix this.

I am a firm supported that Gurdwara's should be enterprising and look at all ethical and morally acceptable means under Sikh values to generate finance. It is certainly better that money is not just spent on items that may depreciate in value, but is invested to ensure further revenues can be generated for the gurdwara / charity. All generated finance MUST be ethically and morally generated. Of course - Party Halls are not morally acceptable under our values.

I am a member of the sangat and I'm quite positive this is not the case. I don't believe it is entirely fair that a list is based solely out of date information on the internet. I will indeed fix this.

I am a firm supported that Gurdwara's should be enterprising and look at all ethical and morally acceptable means under Sikh values to generate finance. It is certainly better that money is not just spent on items that may depreciate in value, but is invested to ensure further revenues can be generated for the gurdwara / charity. All generated finance MUST be ethically and morally generated. Of course - Party Halls are not morally acceptable under our values.

bjagdev ji,

Many thanks for your response

The list was mainly compiled based on feedback from the sangat on this forum. If there is any confusion on whether a party hall is part of a Gurdwara's estate, then it would be in the best interest for the Gurdwara committee to do everything to ensure the disassociation is clear in every single way.

Perhaps, the Telford Guru Nanak Gurdwara committee can write something official to show that as representatives of the Sikh faith, they have nothing whatsoever to do with the community centre and it's associated anti-Sikh activities.