Is Dharna Kachi Bani

ਆਸਾ ॥

Aasaa:

ਗਜ ਸਾਢੇ ਤੈ ਤੈ ਧੋਤੀਆ ਤਿਹਰੇ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਤਗ

They wear loin cloths, three and a half yards long, and triple-wound sacred threads.

ਗਲੀ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਜਪਮਾਲੀਆ ਲੋਟੇ ਹਥਿ ਨਿਬਗ

They have rosaries around their necks, and they carry glittering jugs in their hands.

ਓਇ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਤ ਆਖੀਅਹਿ ਬਾਨਾਰਸਿ ਕੇ ਠਗ ॥੧॥ They are not called Saints of the Lord - they are thugs of Benares. ||1||

What i met was Gurbani was in the common language that everyone could understand not in Sanskrit.

ARE YOU CALLING SANT ATTAR SINGH A THUG

ARE YOU CALLING SANT ATTAR SINGH A THUG

I thinking your not getting the point im calling out the fake sants who are only pretending

Baba Attar Singh JI

Baba Isher Singh Ji and other Saints are true saints because we can see there positive Jeevan

and there work.

And about the Gurbani its against the fake saints and have i every said someone is a fake sant.

Im against all the fake ones who are just wearing the clothes so people can call them sants like

the Gurbani passage that i posted.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Dharna is a method of parchar, so is Katha, Kavita, Ddhadhi Vaaran. Each has its own purpose and audience. It was never meant to be held to the equals of Gurbani, but rather to inspire a person towards Gurmat and Gurbani. The Mahapurakhs mentioned used Dharna to join Sikhs with Gurbani and considered Gurbani the ultimate.

Per the technical definition of Gurbani, everything except Gurbani is Kachi Bani "Satguru Bina Hor Kachi Hai Bani", as Gurbani is our Guru. However, it is not meant to insult the effort of Sikhs to do parchar, but rather to uphold the Supreme status of Gurbani among all else. A conversation between Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji and Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji provided some further details (in an AKJ.org post regarding Puran Jee's passing - related to the deep relationship between Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji and Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji. It goes that Bhai Sahib was at a Divan and Sant Ji was doing Dharna. Sant Ji said everyone recite, but Bhai Sahib did not. After the Divan, Sant Ji asked Bhai Sahib why he remained silent. Bhai Sahib said he does not recite Kachi Bani. Aant i said indeed, it is Kachi Bani, but its recitation joins people to Simran and after they are on the path, he will send them to Bhai Sahib. Both Sikhs kept deep respect and love for each despite different modes of parchar.

Sant Baba Ranjit Singh also commented on this and put it eloquently: Don't even call it Bani. It is Dharna, plain and simple. It takes the "Bani" word out of the equation and does not allow for any comparison to the Supreme Word of the Almighty.

It is very easy to drift away from the main topic of discussion, the topic is

is it proper to do kirtan with dharnas - and I see ppl fighting over word SANT

I REUEST EVERY BODY TO PLEASE express views about the main question

and plz do not start slandering the ppls (with whom we donot have

common views )

Yes we have been listening shabads with Dharnas , even 40 ysr ago in

prabhat feris , then some did kirtan in a style called Jottiya de shabad

where each line was recited twice with dholki and cheines to accompany

- another prabhat feri style . Then we have ragis singing in simple tunes ,

singing in semi classical and pure classical and also in shudh raags

there are many styles , even during my tour to south india I came across a ragi

jatha who have trained very well in carnatic(south indian style ) music and they

sang shabads in such a good manner that even local south indians listened

them with full attention .

In sikhi ( as I think ) kirtan is a way to reach in unison with the God , it is a way

not the Manzi l(the aim) , So any style which leads us towards Guru & finally

with almighty is proper. We can adopt any style to our liking , till it leads to

our aim

• 5 weeks later...

First, we should know what is gurubani and kachi bani.

Bani written in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, Vaaran and Kabits of Bhai Gurdas Ji, Dasam Granth and Writings of Bhai Nand Lal Goya is Bani which unites us with God.

Kachi bani is one which was written mainly By Udasis, Minayas and some others whose goal was to

1. show themselves equal to Gurujis

2. mingle their manmat in sikhi.

Thus we can call every writing which try to be equal with gurubani or oppose it, Kachi Bani.

Their is some litreture which can not be called bani or kachi bani.

For example, what would you like to say about the writings of Bhai Vir Singh ji? Bani or Kachi Bani.

No we should call it neither bani nor kachi bani. These are great writings with deep thoughts.

Same things apply to dharna, dhadhi varaan, katha, kirtan, poetry etc. all this inspire to incline towards Gurubani.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...