Should monay be allowed to preach sikhi?

gsingh

My question to all of you is, the rehat maryada states that someone who is not a "sikh" (rehat maryada) is not allowed to do keertan (aka preach gurbani) on a stage. Now, should that hold true here? Many people use "tuks" from Gurbani, thus preaching Sikhi, when some in fact do not practice it themselves. Is that baedbi? Interesting to hear your thoughts on this issue. Kandola? Your thoughts are appreciated first! :TH:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes i wonder why we have weird rules like this one. Anyone should be allowed to preach gurbani, as singhs from gurus time who werent amritdhari, but still recited gurbani. Even gurus followers who werent 'sikh' but were hindu or muslim also recited bani.

So i just think anyone should be able to recite guru jis words. :wub:

bhul chuk maph!

if the question is.. Can mona (regardless of his/her religion) do naam simran and keertan with the sangat ?

I would say yes..

BUT if the question is.. Can mona (regardless of his/her religion) come on the stage and tells sangat what to do and what not to do as being a sikh.. Then i would say No..

if the question is.. Can mona (regardless of his/her religion) do naam simran and keertan with the sangat ?

I would say yes..

BUT if the question is.. Can mona (regardless of his/her religion) come on the stage and tells sangat what to do and what not to do as being a sikh.. Then i would say No..

Ok i didnt know what his questin meant.. i looked at it from a different perspective as if saying are they allowed to recite gurbani.

Preaching i see is a whole different thing didnt occur to me, but now that i thought about it... i agree wit vicky paaji ! :wub:

ah gurmukh singh, i posted here especially for you lol (note gsingh's real name is gurneet, i just like calling him gurmukh, he knows why lol)

sikhi is a universal religion, does it really say "only the sardar can do this, only the sardar can do that, you cant do this because your a moona"? is that not like caste? the main issue in life is to become one with maharaj, that is done through kirtan. your problems are solved, by doing kirtan, why are people trying to stop people from doing kirtan, people have dukhi you know!

i challenge every gursikh on this site, that if you say only sardars can ONLY do kirtan on stage, why arent you stopping all these hindus/sikhs doing kirtan. i saw one guy, hes a moona, from hardiwar (his cassttee), now if this guy can play shabad, and i can tell you he's pretty good, why arent you doing all the mass demonstrations saying get him off, dont let him do kirtan. go on, write to the SGPC, go on, email t-series and say never let him sing again. his jatha consists of amritdharis, why arent they stopping him? heck, bhai chaman lal ji used to be a moona as well, i got his casstes from them days as well. no-one stopped him, but out of pyaar did he become a singh.

i say, no-one can stop anyone from doing kirtan, anyone who does try and stop someone are fools, because people have there own way of getting to maharaj (many paths lead to one, by the way,). of course i dont do kirtan, i'd have to learn the vaajaa. but, i am not being hypocritical, if any moona does want to do kirtan, they should be allowed. why cant they? its the same like "you cant have darshan of guru ji because your a moona", guru ji does not turn anyone away from

his darbar.

but on the hyprocritical views, its wrong, because guru ji said, if you dont practise what you preach, its a sin. but i still think moona's should be allowed to do kirtan. a moona doing katha in life, i would say thats wrong, because katha is basically "do this, do that". thats, where being the singh would count because, thats what all the kathas i heard in life said. so it be stupid, if you saw someone like me saying "amrit peevo, nirmal rasna" and yet you see a moona saying this, yet he hasnt taken amrit. i would consider that funny, because the guy isnt practising what he preaches. doing this, is a very very very bad/big sin.

doing kirtan, yes its ok.

doing katha, no.

Up until SGPC took control in the early 20th century, Muslims whose lineage went back to Bhai Mardana used to do Kirtan at Harminder Sahib.

Gurdwaras think nothing of taking money from 'apostates' - every time a new wedding hall needs to be built it is common to see mainly monay going up and making donations. Hypocrisy comes from those who consider themselves to be elite.

The Guru Granth Sahib is not exclusive to Sikhs - it is a universal Granth open to all humanity. How can someone teach love and humanity if they themselves feel that they are 'more' Sikh than others? - this in my view is ego!