Cooking One'S Own Food After Marriage

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Chatanga what does this RehatNama mean then

Gursikh di roti beti di saanjh Gursikh naal.

The Gursikhs have to share food and establish marital relationships with Gursikhs only

Its means "The Gursikhs have to share food and establish marital relationships with Gursikhs only."

i thought the bibeki food was the food cooked by an amritdhari :(

but rehet makes more sense as I look at my self and my rehet, even though I am amritdhari I would never try to cook food for a bibeki person cuz I got no rehet.

This is really hard though when u have to visit outside and relatives houses. But this is such an amazing thing and some people cannot understand it. Only those who see something happening to them while following bibek and while not following bibek know the difference. Try to ask these questions to people of ur awastha and rehet personally or just personal msg people you think can better reply.

and there is no point of just marrying someone and not eating food made by that person because u think it will affect ur bibek/awastha. And you cannot wait for her to be on same track and untill you cannot even sleep together because that thing will even matter more.

If you keep dietry bibek it really helps you especially when concentrating in simran/ bani etc. I also believe that following bibek or even better sarbloh bibek it helps you have better control over the panj chor and penji rather than increase your ego it actually helps decrease it. I think bhai sahib randeir Singh ji has written a book on gurmat bibek and books about sarbloh bibek. Also bhai sahib followed sarbloh bibek himself.

"I mean they must do a lot of bani, but how does one not get EGO or think of themsevles as superior if they do not even accept langar such as DHan Dhan Guru Raam Das Langar at Harmandhar Sahib,?"

Penji I think that others around you have insecurities when you start to follow bibek as they start thinking your above everybody. But they don't understand how difficult it is to follow and 1 does it all for guru's blessing and happiness with you.

i thought the bibeki food was the food cooked by an amritdhari :(

but rehet makes more sense as I look at my self and my rehet, even though I am amritdhari I would never try to cook food for a bibeki person cuz I got no rehet.

This is really hard though when u have to visit outside and relatives houses. But this is such an amazing thing and some people cannot understand it. Only those who see something happening to them while following bibek and while not following bibek know the difference. Try to ask these questions to people of ur awastha and rehet personally or just personal msg people you think can better reply.

and there is no point of just marrying someone and not eating food made by that person because u think it will affect ur bibek/awastha. And you cannot wait for her to be on same track and untill you cannot even sleep together because that thing will even matter more.

Thats so true. I used to keep strong bibek rehit but then an old burra from anandpur sahib told me "tere palle kuch hai nahin", that really discouraged me and I started to eat food from average amritdharis and u know what, i lost all my naam abhiyaas, my surti began to come lower. I will NEVER forgive that old burraaaa. But now, I want to keep strict dietary bibek but I am unable to find a rehitvaan bibi. My parents want someone from the same caste and the rehitvaan gursikhs want my parent's zaameen and their house.

Thats so true. I used to keep strong bibek rehit but then an old burra from anandpur sahib told me "tere palle kuch hai nahin", that really discouraged me and I started to eat food from average amritdharis and u know what, i lost all my naam abhiyaas, my surti began to come lower. I will NEVER forgive that old burraaaa. But now, I want to keep strict dietary bibek but I am unable to find a rehitvaan bibi. My parents want someone from the same caste and the rehitvaan gursikhs want my parent's zaameen and their house.

• Why blame someone else for what you did? The bajurg didn't put a gun to your head, did he?
  • Why bother paying heed to what someone says?
  • You still ate from Amritdharis, who are you to judge them as average?
  • Why eat from them if you think they are not "up to your above average" standards?
  • What if losing naam abhiyaas and surti is just your vehem?

• Why blame someone else for what you did? The bajurg didn't put a gun to your head, did he?
  • Why bother paying heed to what someone says?
  • You still ate from Amritdharis, who are you to judge them as average?
  • Why eat from them if you think they are not "up to your above average" standards?
  • What if losing naam abhiyaas and surti is just your vehem?

Its not a vehem. One needs a strong pehra of dietary bibek to do 2.5-3 hours of Gurmat Naam Abhiyaas at amritvela. One can read Gurbani during amritvela without keeping even bibek. But if one has to do swas swas simran, one needs dietary bibek. ONe must eat food from the hands of rehitvaan amritdharis and not average rehit-keeping amritdharis.

<< Why blame someone else for what you did? The bajurg didn't put a gun to your head, did he?>>

Words are much more harmful than guns. Emotional and spiritual harm is much more severe than physical harm.That ghattiya burraaa is misguiding young singhs. He has his gang of followers and any young singh who disagrees with him, becomes unpopular with his gang and then that gang begins to defame the young singh.

<< You still ate from Amritdharis, who are you to judge them as average?>>

When we choose amritdharis for doing langar de sevaa or degh de seva, are we judging them too ? An amritdhari is as good as rehit he keeps and naam kamayee he does.