Darshan Singh Ragi Performs Keertan And Katha From Bachittar Natak

(Recorded in 1984)

Urging the Sikhs, particularly the youth, to prepare for 'Dharam Yudh' after the attack on Sri Harimandir Sahib in 1984, Darshan Singh Ragi performs keertan and katha of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib's 'Apni Katha' from Bachittar Natak. Darshan Singh explains the meaning of 'Dharma' by quoting from Guru Gobind Singh Sahib's bani. He explains how Guru Gobind Singh Sahib's bani makes one a complete 'Sant Sipahi' and prepares him for 'Dharam Yudh'.

ਹਮ ਇਹ ਕਾਜ ਜਗਤ ਮੋ ਆਏ ॥ ਧਰਮ ਹੇਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵਿ ਪਠਾਏ ॥

I have been sent into this world by the Preceptor-Lord to propagate Dharma (righteousness).

ਜਹਾਂ ਤਹਾਂ ਤੁਮ ਧਰਮ ਬਿਥਾਰੋ ॥ ਦੁਸਟ ਦੋਖੀਅਨਿ ਪਕਰਿ ਪਛਾਰੋ ॥੪੨॥

The Lord asked me to spread Dharma, and vanquish the tyrants and evil-minded persons. 42.

ਯਾਹੀ ਕਾਜ ਧਰਾ ਹਮ ਜਨਮੰ ॥ ਸਮਝ ਲੇਹੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਸਭ ਮਨਮੰ ॥

I have taken birth of this purpose, the saints should comprehend this in their minds.

ਧਰਮ ਚਲਾਵਨ ਸੰਤ ਉਬਾਰਨ ॥ ਦੁਸਟ ਸਭਨ ਕੋ ਮੂਲ ਉਪਾਰਨ ॥੪੩॥

(I have been born) to spread Dharma, and protect saints, and root out tyranny. 43.

---------------------------------------------

ਪੜਿਆ ਹੋਵੈ ਗੁਨਹਗਾਰੁ ਤਾ ਓਮੀ ਸਾਧੁ ਮਾਰੀਐ

'Prof' Darshan Singh Ragi was excommunicated from the Sikh Panth in January 2010 for his blasphemous remarks on the life of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Throughout his career, first as a 'Ragi' and later the 'Jathedar', Darshan Singh had performed keertan and katha from the bani of Dasam Pita. During the turbulent years following Operation Bluestar in 1984, Darshan Singh regularly performed keertan from the 'Beer Ras' Bani enshrined in Sri Dasam Granth and incited the Sikh youth to take up resistance.

However, two decades later, Darshan Singh changed his faith. He not only started opposing the bani of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib, but also used derogatory language for the same bani he once performed keertan and katha of.

Till date the turncoat Ragi has not explained to the panth why and how he decided to choose the path of a 'Guru Dokhi'.

In one of his loose arguments justifying his latest stance he said that earlier when he used to do the keertan of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib's bani he did not understand the meaning of the bani, and was only doing the keertan as any other Ragi.

However, this lie is soon caught when one listens to his earlier recordings where he not only performs keertan but very articulately also does the katha of the bani in the light of Gurmat.

Now what really has transpired between the turncoat Ragi and his intellect that lead to his own downfall and his ultimate exit from the Sikh fold is anyone's guess.

Darshan Singh has been shown the door by the panth. And as expected from the renegade Ragi, he still continues to create confusion. The panth needs to be vigilant and have the relevant information at their disposal. And this is a similar attempt.

Related Keertan by Ragi from the bani of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib

Have you people noticed that he CHANGED when he moved to Canada? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I believe for him to MOVE to Canada, these missionaries in Toronto must have 'sponsored'(clue:$$$+Visa) him in one way or another.Once, contact between them was established. These people must have raised certain questions on DG that Darshan could not answer. Influenced by the 'missionary mentality' I believe he did what he did.

He must have been manipulated by them in one way or another as these missionaries have never had a well KNOWN figure on their side.

I know this for sure as people from "missionary minded" individuals have tried to do their parchar on me personally.

When one cannot answer them :excl: , they will tell you that you should BELIEVE what THEY are telling you...because that has to be the reasonable explanation. :rolleyes:

This is also a reminder to all people who hold unconditional sharda/faith in certain individual/babas/deras....That people CAN fall :excl:

Have you people noticed that he CHANGED when he moved to Canada? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Yes, I have also thought about it. See, last time anyone heard about Ragi was during the late 1980s. After his tenure as Jathedar he almost disappeared from the public arena. No big statements, no news etc. During that time he must have been busy establishing his business (GG Academy), moving to Tornoto, getting in touch with Kala Afghana and alike. It was quite clear that he was being influenced by Missionary minded people and had a soft corner for Kala Afghana ideology when he praised Kala Afghana in one of his articles some years ago.

Then only a few years ago he started to appear publicly in Punjab. Sharing political stage with Congress leaders. Then Sarna brought him to Delhi where he started the whole controversy on a big scale. Almost as if he was "planted" by someone to create confusion and rift in the Panth.

He and his masters must be happy with his performance.

Then only a few years ago he started to appear publicly in Punjab. Sharing political stage with Congress leaders. Then Sarna brought him to Delhi where he started the whole controversy on a big scale. Almost as if he was "planted" by someone to create confusion and rift in the Panth.

He and his masters must be happy with his performance.

about congress or being a GOI agent...that cannot be said or proven...I personally doubt it.. But the "Missionary factor" was definitely a majoorrrrrrr one. :excl: It has to be. :)

Moving to Canada+contacts with missionaries there is definately a factor. Cause both are anti-deravaads to the max had man many more similar in views on various issues.

it is no secret that these missionaries are very ਚਾਲਕ type of people.

I have actually PERSONALLY heard him doing pro-dasam granth parchar. As I remember, he said Bani in SGGS ji should be called GURBANI and bani in Sri DG should be called BANI...any other bani not belonging to Guru ji should be called kachi bani. The reason is Gurgadhi was given to SGGS ji. Hence , its bani is GURbani & Sri DG is Guru kirt also.

He further said that, Guru Gobind Singh never tried to equate his bani to SGGS ji's bani, thats the reason you will never see "Kahu Nanak, Nanak Kahai...or NANAK" at the end of any Bani is Sri Dasam Granth. Well it made sense back then to me :)

^having heard from his mouth as what I said above. I was quite surprised about his rants against on Sri DG.

:6 :wacko: :6

Darshan raggi is agent of government according to the book open secrets, which is written by a high ranking retired agent of india's spy agency.

he became a turncoat during days of the movement and freedom fighter singhs forced him to leave punjab. he only re-entered punjab afteer their shaheedi.

Darshan raggi is agent of government according to the book open secrets, which is written by a high ranking retired agent of india's spy agency.

he became a turncoat during days of the movement and freedom fighter singhs forced him to leave punjab. he only re-entered punjab afteer their shaheedi.

Absolutely on spot. Missionaries did not change him. He was changed by his masters.

Towards end of eighties he was in California singing a changed tune per his master's voice. Because of

his changed loyalty he was kicked out of Fremont Gurudwara sahib. Then he was looking to buy a liquor store

in sacramento area. Finally he landed in canada.

It was kala afghana who invented the term bani and Gurbani.It is a crap ideology. Compositions of all Gurus

is Gurbani.Dasam Granth banis play major role in making of a khalsa and only an enemy of sikhi will belittle it.

It is bani of Dasam Granth which help in forming sikhism as an organized religion.Guru ji attached great importance

to his writings and that is the reason thhree banis out of five in making a khalsa are from Dasam Granth sahib.

Finally coming to missionary ideology, missionaries have no clue what they are talking about as they do not practice

Naam simran.They have bookish knowledge and that certainly does not make them a sikh. They follow western definition

of religion and apply that to sikhi. But sikhi is far from that mould. Missionaries do not believe in Karma, soul, reincarnation

and soul which make them an usikhs.These concepts are pillars of sikhi.

Sikhi is not crammed from books.It has to be lived and experienced.

The following was posted on this forum some months ago by one of the members:

Dusht Julio Ribeiro actually talks a bit about him in his book (Bullet for Bullet), as well. In one chapter where he's discussing an IPS officer (Avinder) who oversaw Ribeiro's security, he says:

"According to plan, Avinder took over as SSP, Patiala. He was a great success. Since I had given my officers latitude to operate independently within certain agreed parameters, Avinder was extremely happy with the arragnements.

One day he asked me for some secret service money to purchase a weapon form the state's armoury. He wanted to present a gun to Darshan Singh Raggi, one of the great devotional singers of Punjab. The Raggi was being considered by the extremists for appointment as jathedar of the Harmandir Sahib, the holiest of shrines within the Golden Temple. The Raggi was staying in Patiala. Though he earned a lot of money through his golden voice, he was a miser. He was in a position to purchase a gun, but was very happy to have it presented to him. Avinder knew his weakness and decided to exploit it. I helped him to do so."