The (Unofficial) Sikhsangat Iphone App

HSingh

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

So I'm a lazy person and cant be bothered to type sikhsangat.com all the time on my iPhone and I cant stand the layout of the lo-fi version of SikhSangat.

So basically SikhSangat is in need of a iPhone app for lazy people like me who cant be bothered to type in a few letters or bookmark the site.

So here is The (unofficial) SikhSangat iPhone App. You can use the SikhSangat forum and the SikhSangat news site from it.

Its just a temporary solution until SikhSangat decide to make their own app.

Ive just been testing it on my own iPhone and shall submit it to the app store later on today.

Any suggestions are welcome before it is submitted to the app store.

So here are a few screen shots of it, (I may possibly post a video of it in use if I get time):

The app icon on the home screen:

post-24253-128195429007_thumb.png

And the rest of it:

post-24253-12819542942_thumb.pngpost-24253-12819542987_thumb.pngpost-24253-128195430093_thumb.pngpost-24253-128195430353_thumb.pngpost-24253-12819543061_thumb.pngpost-24253-128195431111_thumb.pngpost-24253-12819543154_thumb.pngpost-24253-128195431974_thumb.pngpost-24253-128195433081_thumb.png

Description:

Read the latest forum posts on SikhSangat.com. Read the latest News From SikhSangat.org. Find out the latest events from the SikhSangat Forum Calender.

Share posts and news via email, facebook and twitter.

Get push notifications.

Please note this is a read only version of SikhSangat Forums, you cannot post new posts, you can only read new posts and the latest news. (If you would like to reply to a post then in the app click on 'View in browser', that will just open the in-app browser where you can log into sikhsangat and post a reply)

Thats wonderful sewa Waheguru jeo :) The application looks quite polished, please do publish in the app store! :)

btw, we do have a mobile version of our forums, please see the link (its funny your post is in one of the screenshots hehe) :

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/52293-new-sikhsangatcom-mobile-version-app/

Also, dont hesitate to contact the admins if you need any help/assistance :)

Thanks once again for the sewa veerji :)

Thats wonderful sewa Waheguru jeo :) The application looks quite polished, please do publish in the app store! :)

btw, we do have a mobile version of our forums, please see the link (its funny your post is in one of the screenshots hehe) :

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/52293-new-sikhsangatcom-mobile-version-app/

Also, dont hesitate to contact the admins if you need any help/assistance :)

Thanks once again for the sewa veerji :)

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh Bhajee

Hanjee that's a nice app jee. However I was thinking it would be nice to have a dedicated app to SikhSangat rather then a 3rd party app where it does other stuff to.

However that app looks fantastic, and it has a lot more features then this one.

Are you guys planing on building an official app for SikhSangat? If not then ill go further with this one, however this was just made as a temporary thing until you guys do make one :D Also if not then what features would you like to see in this one?

Also could you admins please fix the RSS Feed for the calender as it isn't working, therefore it isn't showing on the app.

Also if you wanted to, you could create a feed for each forum category so in the app it can be all categorised instead of just one thing. :) However its fine either way.

Thanks for your help jee :D

Surely you can't be lazy as you have created the app.

I have andriod phone so can't comment. Unless you create andriod compatiable aswell. Like PJS said the mobile version is online. I have used it many times on my phone. It works just the same as on laptop.

Basically I am just trying to say good work.

Ok it has been submitted to the app store. Once it has been accepted I will let you guys know.

Do you guys have any more suggestions for updates to it though?