What's the name of this sant ji?

Simran9

Yeah, I agree. Be a chela of the GURU ONLY. But seeking advice and direction from a seeker who is more advanced than yourself and whose job it is to help you get closer to the Guru (aka a TRUE sant as defined in Gurbani) is a smart idea. Also, sangat with these people is good. doing simran with a mahapurkh has huge benefits. As we grow in spiritual level we'll be able to fathom deeper and deeper meanings from Gurbani. Many high saints are able to teach us these deeper meanings through their katha.

one thing i read. A mahapurkh is like an electrician. they make sure that the wiring connecting the Sikh to the Guru(the powerhouse) is set up properly. But they themselves are not the power house. This is from saint-scholar naranjun singh's katha.

How do we know if somone's a real saint and how do we know we can trust them? same as with most other people, reputation among the sikh community and just getting to know them and deciding for yourself. Use Gurbani as the touchstone. Is what this person saying true? well, you can compare their teachings with the teachings of Gurbani and accepted uchae avastha sikhs to see if they are in line.

bhul chuk maaf.

i love how we've answered satpreet's question

hehehe, hey ya'll got me thinking again bout this...

I think in Sukhmani Sahib it says something to the effect that only the brahmgiani knows a brahmgiani when he comes across one...and if SGGS ji uses the word sant to refer to God or Guru....then who is brahmgiani? I think that also means God or Guru. but I'm not sure. :wub:

sooooo.....does that mean that ONLY God/Guru ji knows who is like a sant? I was listening to Japji Sahib's explanation done by Sant Singh ji Maskin and he says that God is antarjami, he knows what is in our heart and mind all the time...so I think that means that God or Guru ji can really judge who is the like the sant and who isn't.

......... :cool: ......................

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

bani never said only guru je is the sant

people just make things up

in bani i think it was bhagat namdev je that is called a sant

and as for brahm giani ke gat brahm giani janae

i have always thought wat this line meant

and a singh i know, knows lots, helped me out

the line means

only a brahm giani knows the excellence and beauty and how great a brahm giani really is

it has nothing to do with knowing WHO a brahm giani is

if u wanna know who a brahm giani is

look at them, stay with them

how much they love guru je

how much sewa do they do, how much bani do they read

look at the characteristics of a brahm giani

thas how u know

for example, stay with baba thakur singh je and ull know there a brahm giani

but of course, guru je is our guru and we are only their chelae

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sant Baba Karam Singh Hoti Mardhan had 100 students. They all obtained brahm gian.

One cannot meet God by merely thinking, no matter how much rational thinking they have. You are talking about people that have sacrificed everything for their Guru.

'Jinaa Saas Giraas Na Visrei Har Naama Man Mant Dhan So Soi Nanaka Pooran Soi Sant'

Those that do not forget God, even for one breath, recognize those blessed ones as true sants.

Khalistani veerji has a good point, the gurbani line is 'Brahm Giani Ki Gat Brahm Giani Janei'. Just like 'Mannei Ki Gat Kahee Na Jai' - The gatee cannot be described of the person that has Manneiaa gurbani. It does not say 'Brahm Giani Nu Brahm Giani Janei.'

If I have said anything that is opposed to gurbani, bhul chuk muaaf.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!