Grays Beadbi Protest, Sikh Tv Channels & Leaders

Pyara

Singho, not all is lost.

Just when things look bleak, I have just received official confirmation that Shepherd's Bush Gurdwara, the oldest one in all of Europe has written a letter to the Grays Committee, asking them to stop the actions, warning them that they are in direct conflict of their panthic duty as a Guru Ghur and that failure to do so will result in a formal petition being made to Akal Takht, SGPC and any/all other bodies. Furthermore, they have said that they will be sending out their letter to other Gurdwaras in the UK, to see who stands with them!

I have seen this with my own eyes, and if possible, will try get a copy of the letter up on here.

I think this is a massive step- too often the Gurdwaray have just turned a blind eye. Not any more it would seem. Finally - about time too that one influential body stands up and puts its golak where its mouth is lol!

Singho, not all is lost.

Just when things look bleak, I have just received official confirmation that Shepherd's Bush Gurdwara, the oldest one in all of Europe has written a letter to the Grays Committee, asking them to stop the actions, warning them that they are in direct conflict of their panthic duty as a Guru Ghur and that failure to do so will result in a formal petition being made to Akal Takht, SGPC and any/all other bodies. Furthermore, they have said that they will be sending out their letter to other Gurdwaras in the UK, to see who stands with them!

I have seen this with my own eyes, and if possible, will try get a copy of the letter up on here.

I think this is a massive step- too often the Gurdwaray have just turned a blind eye. Not any more it would seem. Finally - about time too that one influential body stands up and puts its golak where its mouth is lol!

Great stuff. Many thanks to the sewadars of Shepherds Bush Gurdwara.

Incidently, Shepherds Bush Gurdwara (Khalsa Jatha) is the oldest Gurdwara in the UK (http://www.centralgurdwara.org.uk/). So with Maharaj's kirpa, I can't think of a better Gurdwara Sahib to set the example for the rest of the UK Gurdwaras to follow. Please scan the correspondence on the forum so that other Gurdwara prabhandaks will see it and get their act together.

Excellent - paste the text of that letter ASAP so that it can be copied and pasted by other Gurdwaras.

Singhs speaking to the family have told me that they are still adamant as of yesterday that the party will go ahead.

Another Singh heard a Trustee say "This is our Gurdwara. We can do what we want. If you think you can stop us, we'll see you on Saturday". --> that's a direct challenge to the resolve of Panthic-minded Gursikhs.

Singhs speaking to the family have told me that they are still adamant as of yesterday that the party will go ahead.

Another Singh heard a Trustee say "This is our Gurdwara. We can do what we want. If you think you can stop us, we'll see you on Saturday". --> that's a direct challenge to the resolve of Panthic-minded Gursikhs.

Why does Grays Prabhandak committee want to make this into a pendu punch up when all that needs to happen is a civilised discussion around a table?! Grays Gurdwara Committee just have their head buried in the sand as they are trying to avoid dealing with a situation by simply pretending the problem is not really there.

It is the nature of a Panthic minded Gursikh to rise to greatness as greatness is expected of that Gursikh. There can be no "pass the buck" culture in the panth of Guru Nanak, it's up to each and everyone one of us to do what we can to ensure the betterment of this great panth. Panthic minded Gursikhs must take the lead from the front and not have the false sense of security that there is a current active leadership structure in place that will deal with the issues of the panth...

A message to the submissive self proclaimed leaders of the Sikhs in the UK...

"Lead us, stand with us, or just get out of the way!"

It is the nature of a Panthic minded Gursikh to rise to greatness as greatness is expected of that Gursikh.

Agree completely. We all like to think we are associated with such and such Jathebandi, but if we really have faith and respect the GurSikhs that lead the Jathebandis, we should each try to follow their examples. It's time for people to realise their Panthic duty. We can't imitate the leaders (unless we have the jeevan), but we can take a small step by attending a protest to prevent gross beadbi.

Taksal - Sant Jarnail Singh Ji - nothing needs to be said here.

Taksal - Sant Sunder Singh Ji - was instrumental in organising the Jathas that gave Shaheedi for the Gurdwara reform movement.

Federation - Bhai Amrik Singh Ji - President of the Federation in 1984 gave Shaheedi.

AKJ - Bhai Randhir Singh Ji - stood up for Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib when the British tried to annex its land.

AKJ - Bha Fauja Singh Ji - gave Shaheedi for the Panth in 1978 against Nakli Nirankari.

AKJ - Bhai Sukhdev Singh Ji Babbar - gave Shaheedi after fighting the tyranical Indian police force.

Nanaksar - Baba Nand Singh Ji - was instrumental in making the SGPC treat all Guru Ji's saroops with more respect in all Gurdwaras controlled by them.

All Mahapursh - acted to prevent Beadbi of Guru Ji's saroops when SGPC tried to change Mangals.

Please see attached the letter that Central Gurdwara London has sent to Grays

Hopefully other Gurdwaray will be snapped out of their slumber. I'd urge all piyaare who read this to print out a copy of the letter and as I am doing, take it to their local gurdwara, show them and see what the reaction is.

----------

Attachments

Error The server returned an error during upload

-------------------

keep getting this message when i try upload it. any ideas?

tried both I.E. and Firefox no luck, also tried different formats of the file, same problem. Its under 2mb so shouldnt have a problem and the flash uploader didnt work either.

While SS admins/techhies sort it out, if you need a copy just pm me and i'll get back to you straight away.