Sign in to follow this  
japjeev singh

I Have A Question?

So i wanted to ask you guys this.

I have many relatives and many friends, that are great people. But they have cut

their facial hair is not cut completely but partially cut but they do have hair on there head and wear a turban.

Although i will admit some of them aren't completely religious at all.

But some are great people like they follow all the paths for sikhi.like they are vegetarian, do path frequently,

Never tried to hurt anyone, always protect people and great people overall.

So my question is:

Even though they have cut some of there facial hair but are great people. Will they go to waheguru/god when they die?

or it all depends if you keep your hair or not?

P.S i am just a teenager with curiositys Sorry this might be a little immature of a thread on this type of forum.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We can't answer such questions, their karma and actions decide what and what doesn't happens. HOWEVER, Guru Saab has given us the Khalsa saroop which consists of the panj kakaar, one of them being untrimmed kesh.

As for the trimming part, yes, a lot of punjabis do this and still keep their hair on top. In Punjab it's even worse, more people are cutting their beards and even more are cutting kesh on their heads. The way I see it the panj kakaar and the hukams given to us by Guru Ji are all tools to help combat our five evils and protect ourselves from the kalyug world.

As for your original question, I couldn't think of a better answer than this:

Wow thanks that was a such a touching sakhi. But yea your right. its easier if we keep our hair so we dont fall in life traps. I will definitely have to show those who are leading the wrong way. Thanks a lot for this

Khalsa Jio in order to break free from bandan{torment etc.} one has to lose “deh hangta”{ignorance}. Without losing deh hangta one has to endure re-births and deaths. Good karam{deeds} will result in pleasures and bad karam{deeds} will result in torment. Whether good or bad karam{deeds} give rise to re-births. In order to break free from the re-birth cycle and attain kalyan{liberation} one has to realise “MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HAIH , APNA MOOL PECHAN”. We are soul and not physical body. This can only be realised through Gurbani. Naam gives us kalyan{liberation}. Naam can only be acquired from the Guru. The meditated Naam has to be kept in a safe place otherwise it will be lost. The safe haven for the meditated Naam is GuruJi’s rehat. Without rehat and Amrit one cannot lose deh hangta.

Without Amrit and rehat there cannot be kalyan{liberation}.

• Like 1

Khalsa Jio in order to break free from bandan{torment etc.} one has to lose "deh hangta"{ignorance}. Without losing deh hangta one has to endure re-births and deaths. Good karam{deeds} will result in pleasures and bad karam{deeds} will result in torment. Whether good or bad karam{deeds} give rise to re-births. In order to break free from the re-birth cycle and attain kalyan{liberation} one has to realise "MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HAIH , APNA MOOL PECHAN". We are soul and not physical body. This can only be realised through Gurbani. Naam gives us kalyan{liberation}. Naam can only be acquired from the Guru. The meditated Naam has to be kept in a safe place otherwise it will be lost. The safe haven for the meditated Naam is GuruJi's rehat. Without rehat and Amrit one cannot lose deh hangta.

Without Amrit and rehat there cannot be kalyan{liberation}.

So we have to take amrit in order to go to waheguru/god?

hmm but back to my question. Even though those people are great people in generel have great karma, have helped a lot of people and such. They still dont go to waheguru after death?

hmm but back to my question. Even though those people are great people in generel have great karma, have helped a lot of people and such. They still dont go to waheguru after death?

Waheguru Jio , good deeds are good but they will give re-birth.

Good karam{deeds} will give rise to sukh{pleasure} , bad deeds will give rise to dukh{torment}.

The aim of the human body is to infuse with Waheguru through Naam Simran.{Whilst still alive}.

Sukh{pleasure} in the next life may be in the form of other life forms.

Where there is sukh , there will be dukh too.

Gurbani says become liberated whilst still alive and become anandit{blissful}.

okay. and its never too late to take rehat and get back to your path to god right?

Embark on the Gurmat way of life immediately.

Can we be certain that we won't die soon?

Don't put off Gurbani until later! , we may never ever get the opportunity again!

okay. and its never too late to take rehat and get back to your path to god right?

I guess you're hoping that someone says you can have a laugh and live a life of excess until 50 (if you're lucky), and then when you hit 60 take The Amrit and become a model Sikh as you could die of old age at any moment? :lol:

Not a chance, my friend. People may fall for this but God will not be fooled in this way. Although I have read certain things which say remembering God at the final moment of life even after a life of doing other things (not necessary 'evil') will result in Salvation and a place at God's feet. But I'm hoping I've not understood this correctly..:umm:

To remember god at the last moment of your life would involve freeing oneself from attachment. A normal dying person would think of the world they're leaving behind, relatives, friends or possessions, they'd try desperately to hold on to the world instead of having faith in gods protection. The fear of death should not be underestimated and for the fear to subside, one must have full faith in gods protection hereafter.

Remembering and having faith in god throughout your life would make one much more likely to think about god at the time of their death.