Socrates..

Anyone believe the following to be true:

Socrates' Cave Theory :

We, as humans, are locked inside a cave facing the wall and can only see shadows of objects and other humans, and the burning fire that blocks the light from us.

It is the philosopher who can escape the cave, but once reaches outside, is blinded by the immediate light (the sun literally but "the truth" poetically). The philosopher goes back into the cave to rescue the other individuals but before adjusting his eyesight can not see properly in the cave and begins to talk jibberish (it seems to the other people). These other men regard the philosopher as insane and carry on their daily lives.

Doesn't it seem true to you?

That once you learn a truth you feel the need to share it with other individuals, but yet you havent mastered the art of rhetoric and convincing, other people tend to laugh at you and think your a fool?

I dont know perhaps its only me.

Socrates is/was a genius, I love this guy...he was so unmaterialistic, he never cut his hair, wore rags around, taught and spoke lectures for free, never wanted money.

Sikhism goes along with so much of what he spoke about.

And he was like so many years before Guru Nanak. Only tells you that Guru Nanak was correct in saying Sikhism had actually started much before him, even the Khalsa and the way of thinking of unmaterialistic life had begun well before.

Doesn't Sikhism seem that way though too?

When it speaks about breaking the life cycles, isnt like breaking the daily life of just living for money and other worldy matters, and the actual goal is to promote yourself to a higher truth. And the Guru

s achieved the ultimate of actually learning to convince others to follow this form of life?

I have no idea why im typing this, but I just read alot on Socrates, and i'm just so impressed. It really re-enforces the sikhi inside me too.

So i'll stop blabbing on now,

move along to the next post.. blush.gif

Veer, your thoughts are very respecting, but please do not say the thoughts of the Khalsa were started by Socrates or before Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time. These instances occured on totally different sides of the hemisphere.

About your idea of reincarnation, the gurus were reincarnated themselves. In fact there are stories that mention Guru Gobind Singh Ji being reincarnated. In addition, the story of the Suleman ghost. The human soul goes thru 81 billion reincarnations to reach the human life form, it is by God we are given the human life form. And if we do sewa, and live by the gurus principles, we shall reach sachkhand.

I think your translation is true to some extent, but veer please do not give the credit of sikhi to others.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni.

Veer, your thoughts are very respecting, but please do not say the thoughts of the Khalsa were started by Socrates or before Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time. These instances occured on totally different sides of the hemisphere.

About your idea of reincarnation, the gurus were reincarnated themselves. In fact there are stories that mention Guru Gobind Singh Ji being reincarnated. In addition, the story of the Suleman ghost. The human soul goes thru 81 billion reincarnations to reach the human life form, it is by God we are given the human life form. And if we do sewa, and live by the gurus principles, we shall reach sachkhand.

I think your translation is true to some extent, but veer please do not give the credit of sikhi to others.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

About Guru Gobind Singh Ji, i hope ur not saying he was reincarnated because he was always in chardee kala adn always merged with waheguru.... and i thikn u are referring to Guru Gobind Singh jis past life in which he was called Dusht Daman, and he was also then merged with waheguru, akal purakh.... Akal Purakh only called him down in to the mess we live in now, kalyug and he was born to create the khalsa. I hope that is what ur talking about.... only ppl who have not been able to merge with waheguru ar

e reincarnated. Guru Gobind Singh Ji was not reincarnated.

bull chuk maaf

i heard a story of him. someone asked him how does i feel to be the wisest person in the country. He said, ' when i was a child, i used to think i knew everything, as i became a teenage, i found out i knew not that much, and when i got in the mid of his life, i realized that i hardly know anything...and now i have realized, i have known nothing.

Please link any usefull site of his writings.....please.