Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

In our mother’s womb, You blessed us with Your meditative remembrance, and You preserved us there. Through the countless waves of the ocean of fire, please, carry us across and save us, O Savior Lord! || 1 || O Lord, You are the Master above my head. Here and hereafter, You alone are my Support. || Pause || He looks upon the creation like a mountain of gold, and sees the Creator as a blade of grass. You are the Great Giver, and we are all mere beggars; O God, You give gifts according to Your Will. || 2 || In an instant, You are one thing, and in another instant, You are another. Wondrous are Your ways! You are beautiful, mysterious, profound, unfathomable, lofty, inaccessible and infinite. || 3 || When You brought me to the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, then I heard the Bani of Your Word. Nanak is in ecstasy, beholding the Glory of the Primal Lord of Nirvaanaa. || 4 || 7 || 18 ||

Thursday 31th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 15 July 2004 (Page: 613)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The sparrow-hawk longs for the rain to fall. O God, ocean of mercy, shower Your mercy on me, that I may yearn for loving devotional worship of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || The chakvi duck does not desire many comforts, but it is filled with bliss upon seeing the dawn. The fish cannot survive any other way — without water, it dies. || 1 || I am a helpless orphan — I seek Your Sanctuary, O My Lord and Master; please bless me with Your mercy. Nanak worships and adores the Lord’s lotus feet; without Him, there is no other at all. || 2 || 6 || 10 ||

Friday 1st Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 702)

SORAT’H, 3rd GURU:

He alone is a Sikh, a friend, a relative and a sibling, who walks in the Way of the Guru’s Will. One who walks according to his own will, O Siblings of Destiny, suffers separation from the Lord, and shall be punished. Without the True Guru, peace is never obtained, O Siblings of Destiny; again and again, he regrets and repents. || 1 || The Lord’s slaves are happy, O Siblings of Destiny. The sins and sorrows of countless lifetimes are eradicated; the Lord Himself unites them in His Union. || Pause || All of these relatives are like chains upon the soul, O Siblings of Destiny; the world is deluded by doubt. Without the Guru, the chains cannot be broken; the Gurmukhs find the door of salvation. One who performs rituals without realizing the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, shall die and be reborn, again and again. || 2 || The world is entangled in egotism and possessiveness, O Siblings of Destiny, but no one belongs to anyone else. The Gurmukhs attain the Mansion of the Lord’s Presence, singing the Glories of the Lord; they dwell in the home of their own inner being. One who understands here, realizes himself; the Lord God belongs to him. || 3 || The True Guru is forever merciful, O Siblings of Destiny; without good destiny, what can anyone obtain? He looks alike upon all with His Glance of Grace, but people receive the fruits of their rewards according to their love for the Lord. O Nanak, when the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to dwell within the mind, then self-conceit is eradicated from within. || 4 || 6 ||

Saturday 2nd Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanaks

hahi) 17 July 2004 (Page: 601)

TODEE, 5th GURU :

Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever. How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? || Pause || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, life is like a burning fire, even if one lives long, like a snake. One may rule over the nine regions of the earth, but in the end, he shall have to depart, losing the game of life. || 1 || He alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, upon whom the Lord showers His Grace. He is at peace, and his birth is blessed; Nanak is a sacrifice to him. || 2 || 2 ||

Sunday 3rd Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 711)

GOND, FIFTH MEHL:

One who is cursed by the Saints, is thrown down on the ground. The slanderer of the Saints is thrown down from the skies. I hold the Saints close to my soul. The Saints are saved instantaneously. || 1 || He alone is a Saint, who is pleasing to the Lord. The Saints, and God, have only one job to do. || 1 || Pause || God gives His hand to shelter the Saints. He dwells with His Saints, day and night. With each and every breath, He cherishes His Saints. He takes the power away from the enemies of the Saints. || 2 || Let no one slander the Saints. Whoever slanders them, will be destroyed. One who is protected by the Creator Lord, cannot be harmed, no matter how much the whole world may try. || 3 || I place my faith in my God. My soul and body all belong to Him. This is the faith which inspires Nanak: the self-willed manmukhs will fail, while the Gurmukhs will always win. || 4 || 16 || 18 ||

Monday 4th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 19 July 2004 (Page: 867)

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

All that happens, and all that will happen, is by His Will. If we could do something by ourselves, we would. By ourselves, we cannot do anything at all. As it pleases the Lord, He preserves us. || 1 || O my Dear Lord, everything is in Your power. I have no power to do anything at all. As it pleases You, You forgive us. || 1 || Pause || You Yourself bless us with soul, body and everything. You Yourself cause us to act. As You issue Your Commands, so do we act, according to our pre-ordained destiny. || 2 || You created the entire Universe out of the five elements; if anyone can create a sixth, let him. You unite some with the True Guru, and cause them to understand, while others, the self-willed manmukhs, do their deeds and cry out in pain. || 3 || I cannot describe the glorious greatness of the Lord; I am foolish, thoughtless, idiotic and lowly. Please, forgive servant Nanak, O my Lord and Master; I am ignorant, but I have entered Your Sanctuary. || 4 || 4 || 15 || 24 ||

Tuesday 5th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 736)

Guest rsingh

DAYV-GANDHAAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

O mother, I long to see the Feet of God. Be Merciful to me, O my Lord and Master, that I might never forsake them from my mind. || 1 || Pause || Applying the dust of the feet of the Holy to my face and forehead, I burn away the poison of desire and anger. I judge myself to be the lowest of all; in this way, I instill peace within my mind. || 1 || I sing the Glorious Praises of the Imperishable Lord and Master, and I shake off all my sins. I have found the gift of the treasure of the Naam, O Nanak; I hug it close, and enshrine it in my heart. || 2 || 19 ||

Wednesday 6th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 21 July 2004 (Limb Number: 531)

(Hope you dont mind me posting veerji)

Guest rsingh

TODEE, 5th GURU :

Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever. How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? || Pause || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, life is like a burning fire, even if one lives long, like a snake. One may rule over the nine regions of the earth, but in the end, he shall have to depart, losing the game of life. || 1 || He alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, upon whom the Lord showers His Grace. He is at peace, and his birth is blessed; Nanak is a sacrifice to him. || 2 || 2 ||

Thursday 7th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Limb: 711)

WADAHANS, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU

Why bother to wash the body which is polluted by falsehood? One’s cleansing bath is only approved, if one practices Truth. When there is Truth deep within, then one becomes True, and obtains the True Lord. Without pre-ordained destiny, awareness is not attained; talking and babbling, one’s life is wasted away. Wherever you go and sit, speak well, and write the Word of the Shabad in your awareness. Why bother to wash the body which is polluted by falsehood? || 1 || When I spoke, I spoke as You made me speak. The Ambrosial Name of the Lord is pleasing to my mind. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, seems so sweet to my mind; it has destroyed the house of pain. Peace came to dwell in my mind, when You gave the Order. It is Yours to grant Your Grace, and it is mine to speak this prayer; You created Yourself. When I spoke, I spoke as You made me speak. || 2 || The Lord and Master gives us our turn, according to the deeds we have done. Don’t speak ill of others, or get involved in arguments. Don’t get into arguments with your Lord and Master — you shall only ruin yourself. If you challenge the One, with whom you must abide, you will only cry in the end. Accept and endure what God gives you; tell your mind not to complain in vain. The Lord and Master gives us our turn, according to the deeds we have done. || 3 || He Himself created all, and He blesses them with His Glance of Grace. No one asks for that which is bitter; everyone asks for sweets. Let everyone ask for sweets and see that it is as the Lord and Master wills. Giving donations to charity

and performing various religious rituals are not equal to contemplation of the Naam. O Nanak, those who are blessed with the Naam have such karma pre-ordained. He Himself created all, and He blesses them with His Glance of Grace. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday 8th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 23 July 2004 (Page: 565)

BILAAVAL, THIRD MEHL:

The perfect Lord has fashioned the Perfect Creation. Behold the Lord Lord pervading everywhere. In this play of the world, is the glorious greatness of the True Name. No one should take pride in himself. || 1 || One who accepts the wisdom of the True Guru’s Teachings, is absorbed into the True Guru. The Lord’s Name abides deep within the nucleus of one who realizes the Bani of the Guru’s Word within his soul. || 1 || Pause || Now, this is the essence of the teachings of the four ages: for the human race, the Name of the One Lord is the greatest treasure. Celibacy, self-discipline and pilgrimages were the essence of Dharma in those past ages; but in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Praise of the Lord’s Name is the essence of Dharma. || 2 || Each and every age has its own essence of Dharma; study the Vedas and the Puraanas, and see this as true. They are Gurmukh, who meditate on the Lord, Har, Har; in this world, they are perfect and approved. Says Nanak, loving the True Lord, the mind’s egotism and self-conceit is eradicated. Those who speak and listen to the Lord’s Name, all find peace. Those who believe in it, obtain the supreme treasure. || 4 || 4 ||

Saturday 9th Saawan, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 797)