Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

DHANAASAREE, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE NAAM DAYV JEE:

As water is very precious in the desert, and the creeper weeds are dear to the camel, and the tune of the hunter’s bell at night is enticing to the deer, so is the Lord to my mind. || 1 || Your Name is so beautiful! Your form is so beautiful! Your Love is so very beautiful, O my Lord. || 1 || Pause || As rain is dear to the earth, and the flower’s fragrance is dear to the bumble bee, and the mango is dear to the cuckoo, so is the Lord to my mind. || 2 || As the sun is dear to the chakvi duck, and the lake of Man Sarovar is dear to the swan, and the husband is dear to his wife, so is the Lord to my mind. || 3 || As milk is dear to the baby, and the raindrop is dear to the mouth of the sparrow-hawk as, as water is dear to the fish, so is the Lord to my mind. || 4 || All the seekers, Siddhas and silent sages seek Him, but only a rare few behold Him. Just as Your Name is dear to all the Universe, so is the Lord dear to Naam Dayv’s mind. || 5 || 3 ||

Wednesday 17th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 693)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]

ijh krxI hovih srimMdw iehw kmwnI rIiq ] sMq kI inMdw swkq kI pUjw AYsI idRV@I ibprIiq ]1] mwieAw moh BUlo AvrY hIq ] hircMdaurI bn hr pwq ry iehY quhwro bIq ]1] rhwau ] cMdn lyp hoq dyh kau suKu grDB Bsm sMgIiq ] AMimRq sMig nwih ruc Awvq ibKY TgaurI pRIiq ]2] auqm sMq Bly sMjogI iesu jug mih pivq punIq ] jwq AkwrQ jnmu pdwrQ kwc bwdrY jIq ]3] jnm jnm ky iklivK duK Bwgy guir igAwn AMjnu nyqR dIq ] swDsMig ien duK qy inkisE nwnk eyk prIq ]4]9]

Sukrvwr, 19 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 673)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]

hy BweI! ijMn@IN kMmIN qMU prmwqmw dI drgwh ivc SrimMdw hovyNgw auhnW hI kMmW dI cwl c`l irhw hYN[ qMU sMq jnW dI inMdw krdw rihMdw hYN, qy prmwqmw nwloN tu`ty hoey mnu`KW dw Awdr-sqkwr krdw hYN[ qMU Acrj aultI miq gRhx kIqI hoeI hY[1[ hy BweI! mwieAw dy moh ivc Ps ky qMU kurwhy pY igAw hYN, prmwqmw nMU C`f ky hor ivc ipAwr pw irhw hNY[ qyrI AwpxI pWieAW qW ieqnI hI hY, ijqnI jMgl dy hry p`iqAW dI, ijqnI AkwS ivc id`s rhI ngrI dI [1[rhwau[ hy BweI! Koqw im`tI ivc lytx nwl suK smJdw hY, BwvyN aus dy srIr auqy cMdn dw lyp pey krIey iehI hwl qyrw hY[ Awqmk jIvn dyx vwly nwm-jl nwl qyrw ipAwr nhIN bxdw[ qMU iviSAW dI TgbUtI nwl ipAwr krdw hY[2[ hy BweI! au~cy jIvn vwly sMq jyhVy ies sMswr dy ivkwrW ivc BI pivqR hI rihMdy hn, Bly sMjogW nwl hI imldy hn[ auhnW dI sMgiq qoN vWijAw rih ky qyrw kImqI mnu`Kw jnm ivArQ jw irhw hY, k`c dy v`ty ivc ij~iqAw jw irhw hY[3[ hy nwnk! AwK-hy BweI! ijs mnu`K dIAW A`KW ivc gurU ny Awqmk jIvn dI sUJ vwlw surmw pw id`qw, aus dy AnykW jnmW dy kIqy pwp dUr ho gey[ sMgiq ivc itk auh mnu`K iehnW du`KW-pwpW qoN bc inkilAw

, aus ny iek prmwqmw nwl ipAwr pw ilAw[4[9[

English Translation :

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

You have made it your habit to practice those deeds which will bring you shame. You slander the Saints, and you worship the faithless cynics; such are the corrupt ways you have adopted. || 1 || Deluded by your emotional attachment to Maya, you love other things, like the enchanted city of Hari-chandauree, or the green leaves of the forest — such is your way of life. || 1 || Pause || Its body may be anointed with sandalwood oil, but the donkey still loves to roll in the mud. He is not fond of the Ambrosial Nectar; instead, he loves the poisonous drug of corruption. || 2 || The Saints are noble and sublime; they are blessed with good fortune. They alone are pure and holy in this world. The jewel of this human life is passing away uselessly, lost in exchange for mere glass. || 3 || The sins and sorrows of uncounted incarnations run away, when the Guru applies the healing ointment of spiritual wisdom to the eyes. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I have escaped from these troubles; Nanak loves the One Lord. || 4 || 9 ||

Friday 19th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 673)

soriT mhlw 5 ]

pwrbRhim inbwhI pUrI ] kweI bwq n rhIAw aUrI ] guir crn lwie insqwry ] hir hir nwmu sm@wry ]1] Apny dws kw sdw rKvwlw ] kir ikrpw Apuny kir rwKy mwq ipqw ijau pwlw ]1] rhwau ] vfBwgI siqguru pwieAw ] ijin jm kw pMQu imtwieAw ] hir Bgiq Bwie icqu lwgw ] jip jIvih sy vfBwgw ]2] hir AMimRq bwxI gwvY ] swDw kI DUrI nwvY ] Apunw nwmu Awpy dIAw ] pRB krxhwr riK lIAw ]3] hir drsn pRwn ADwrw ] iehu pUrn ibml bIcwrw ] kir ikrpw AMqrjwmI ] dws nwnk srix suAwmI ]4]8]58]

SnIvwr, 27 BwdoN (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 623)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

soriT mhlw 5 ]

hy BweI! sdw qoN hI prmwqmw ny Awpxy syvk nwl pRIiq qoV qk inbwhI hY[ syvk nMU iksy g`loN koeI kmI nhIN rihMdI[ syvk sdw prmwqmw dw nwm Awpxy ihrdy ivc sMBwl r`Kdw hY[ gurU ny syvkW nMU sdw hI crnIN lw ky sMswr smuMdr qoN pwr lMGwieAw hY[1[ hy BweI! prmwqmw Awpxy syvk dw sdw rwKw bixAw rihMdw hY[ ijvyN mwpy b`icAW nMU pwldy hn, iqvyN pRBU ikrpw kr ky Awpxy syvkW nMU Awpxy bxweI r`Kdw hY[1[rhwau[ hy BweI! v@fy BwgW vwly mnu`KW ny auh gurU l`B ilAw, ijs gurU ny auhnW vwsqy jm dy dys nMU lY jwx vwlw rsqw imtw id`qw ikauNik gurU dI ikrpw nwl auhnW dw mn prmwqmw dI BgqI ivc pRBU dy pRym ivc mgn rihMdw hY[ auh v@f-BwgI mnu`K prmwqmw dw nwm jp jp ky Awqmk jIvn pRwpq kr lYNdy hn[2[ hy BweI! prmwqmw dw syvk prmwqmw dI Awqmk jIvx dyx vwlI bwxI gwauNdw rihMdw hY, syvk gurmuKW dy crnW dI DUV ivc ieSnwn krdw rihMdw hY Awpw-Bwv imtw ky sMq jnW dI Srn ipAw rihMdw hY[ prmwqmw ny Awp hI sdw qoN Awpxy syvk nMU ivkwrW qoN bcwieAw hY[3[ hy BweI! pRBU dy syvk dw ieh pivqR qy pUrn ivcwr bixAw rihMdw hY ik prmwqmw dw drSn hI syvk dI izMdgI dw Awsrw hY[

hy dws nwnk! qMU BI pRBU-dr qy Ardws kr, qy, AwK- hy sB dy idlW dI jwxn vwly! hy suAwmI! myry auqy myhr kr, mYN qyrI srn AwieAw hW[4[8[58[

English Translation :

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Supreme Lord God has stood by me and fulfilled me, and nothing is left unfinished. Attached to the Guru’s feet, I am saved; I contemplate and cherish the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || He is forever the Savior of His slaves. Bestowing His Mercy, He made me His own and preserved me; like a mother or father, He cherishes me. || 1 || Pause || By great good fortune, I found the True Guru, who obliterated the path of the Messenger of Death. My consciousness is focused on loving, devotional worship of the Lord. One who lives in this meditation is very fortunate indeed. || 2 || He sings the Ambrosial Word of the Guru’s Bani, and bathes in the dust of the feet of the Holy. He Himself bestows His Name. God, the Creator, saves us. || 3 || The Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan is the support of the breath of life. This is the perfect, pure wisdom. The Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, has granted His Mercy; slave Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of his Lord and Master. || 4 || 8 || 58 ||

Saturday 27th Bhaadon, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 623)

• 4 weeks later...

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

All that happens, and all that will happen, is by His Will. If we could do something by ourselves, we would. By ourselves, we cannot do anything at all. As it pleases the Lord, He preserves us. || 1 || O my Dear Lord, everything is in Your power. I have no power to do anything at all. As it pleases You, You forgive us. || 1 || Pause || You Yourself bless us with soul, body and everything. You Yourself cause us to act. As You issue Your Commands, so do we act, according to our pre-ordained destiny. || 2 || You created the entire Universe out of the five elements; if anyone can create a sixth, let him. You unite some with the True Guru, and cause them to understand, while others, the self-willed manmukhs, do their deeds and cry out in pain. || 3 || I cannot describe the glorious greatness of the Lord; I am foolish, thoughtless, idiotic and lowly. Please, forgive servant Nanak, O my Lord and Master; I am ignorant, but I have entered Your Sanctuary. || 4 || 4 || 15 || 24 ||

Wednesday, 22 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 736)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Without understanding, his coming into the world is useless. He puts on various ornaments and many decorations, but it is like dressing a corpse. || Pause || With great effort and exertion, the miser works to gather in the riches of Maya. He does not give anything in charity or generosity, and he does not serve the Saints; his wealth does not do him any good at all. || 1 || The soul-bride puts on her ornaments, embellishes her bed, and fashions decorations. But if she does not obtain the company of her Husband Lord, the sight of these decorations only brings her pain. || 2 || The man works all day long, threshing the husks with the pestle. He is depressed, like a forced laborer, and so he is of no use to his own home. || 3 || But when God shows His Mercy and Grace, He implants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within the heart. Search the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and find the sublime essence of the Lord. || 4 || 2 || 4 ||

Thursday, 23 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 712)

sUhI mhlw 3 ]

jug cwry Dn jy BvY ibnu siqgur sohwgu n hoeI rwm ] inhclu rwju sdw hir kyrw iqsu ibnu Avru n koeI rwm ] iqsu ibnu Avru n koeI sdw scu soeI gurmuiK eyko jwixAw ] Dn ipr mylwvw hoAw gurmqI mnu mwinAw ] siqguru imilAw qw hir pwieAw ibnu hir nwvY mukiq n hoeI ] nwnk kwmix kMqY rwvy min mwinAY suKu hoeI ]1] siqguru syiv Dn bwlVIey hir vru pwvih soeI rwm ] sdw hovih sohwgxI iPir mYlw vysu n hoeI rwm ] iPir mYlw vysu n hoeI gurmuiK bUJY koeI haumY mwir pCwixAw ] krxI kwr kmwvY sbid smwvY AMqir eyko jwixAw ] gurmuiK pRBu rwvy idnu rwqI Awpxw swcI soBw hoeI ] nwnk kwmix ipru rwvy Awpxw riv rihAw pRBu soeI ]2] gur kI kwr kry Dn bwlVIey hir vru dyie imlwey rwm ] hir kY rMig rqI hY kwmix imil pRIqm suKu pwey rwm ] imil pRIqm suKu pwey sic smwey scu vrqY sB QweI ] scw sIgwru kry idnu rwqI kwmix sic smweI ] hir suKdwqw sbid pCwqw kwmix lieAw kMiT lwey ] nwnk mhlI mhlu pCwxY gurmqI hir pwey ]3] sw Dn bwlI Duir mylI myrY pRiB Awip imlweI rwm ] gurmqI Git cwnxu hoAw pRBu riv rihAw sB QweI rwm ] pRBu riv rihAw sB QweI mMin vsweI pUrib iliKAw pwieAw ] syj suKwlI myry pRB BwxI scu sIgwru bxwieAw ] kwmix inrml haumY mlu KoeI gurmiq sic smweI ] nwnk Awip imlweI krqY nwmu nvY iniD pweI ]4]3]4]

Su`krvwr, 24 A`sU (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 769)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

sUhI mhlw 3 ]

hy BweI! jug cwhy koeI hovy gurU dI Srn pYx qoN ibnw Ksm-pRBU dw imlwp nhIN huMdw, jIv-iesqRI BwvyN cOhW jugW ivc BtkdI iPry [ aus-pRBU pqI dw hukm At`l hY ik gurU dI rwhIN hI aus dw imlwp pRwpq huMdw hY[ aus qoN ibnw koeI hor aus dI brwbrI dw nhIN jo ies hukm nMU bdlwA sky[ hy BweI! aus pRBU qoN ibnw aus vrgw hor koeI nhIN[ auh pRBU Aw

p hI sdw kwiem rihx vwlw hY[ gurU dy snmuK rihx vwlI jIv-iesqRI aus ie`k nwl hI fMUGI sWJ bxWdI hY[ jdoN gurU dI miq auqy qur ky jIv-iesqRI dw mn prmwqmw dI Xwd ivc ig`J jWdw hY, audoN jIv-iesqRI dw pRBU-pqI nwl imlwp ho jWdw hY[ hy BweI! jdoN gurU imldw qdoN hI pRBU dI pRwpqI huMdI hY gurU hI pRBU dw nwm jIv-iesqRI dy ihrdy ivc vswauMdw hY, qy prmwqmw dy nwm qoN ibnw mwieAw dy bMDnW qoN KlwsI nhIN huMdI[ hy nwnk! jy mn pRBU dI Xwd ivc ig`J jwey, qW jIv-iesqRI pRBU dw imlwp mwxdI hY, aus dy ihrdy ivc AwnMd pYdw hoieAw rihMdw hY[1[ hy AM\wx ijMdy! gurU dI d`sI kwr kirAw kr, ies qrHW qMU pRBU-pqI nMU pRwpq kr leyNgI[ qMU sdw vwsqy Ksm-vwlI ho jweyNgI, iPr kdy pRBU-pqI nwloN ivCoVw nhIN hoeygw! koeI ivrlI jIv-iesqRI gurU dy d`sy rwh qy qur ky ieh g`l smJdI hY ik gurU dI rwhIN pRBU nwl imlwp hoieAw iPr aus qoN kdy ivCoVw nhIN huMdw[ auh jIv-iesqRI Awpxy AMdroN haumY dUr kr ky pRBU nwl sWJ kwiem r`KdI hY[ auh jIv-iesqRI pRBU-ismrn dI krn-jog kwr krdI rihMdI hY, gurU dy Sbd ivc lIn rihMdI hY, Awpxy ihrdy ivc iek pRBU nwl jIv-iesqRI pCwx pweI r`KdI hY[ hy nwnk! gurU dy snmuK rihx vwlI jIv-iesqRI idn rwq Awpxy pRBU dw nwm ismrdI rihMdI hY, lok prlok ivc aus nMU sdw kwiem rihx vwlI ie`zq imldI hY[ auh jIv-iesqRI Awpxy pRBU-pqI nMU hr vyly Xwd krdI hY jo hr QW ivAwpk hY[2[ hy AM\wx ijMdy! gurU dI d`sI hoeI kwr kirAw kr[ gurU pRBU-pqI nwl imlw dyNdw hY[ jyhVI jIv-iesqRI pRBU dy pRym-rMg ivc rMgI jWdI hY, auh ipAwry pRBU nMU iml ky Awqmk AwnMd mwxdI hY[ pRBU-pRIqm nMU iml ky auh Awqmk AwnMd mwxdI hY, sdw-iQr pRBU ivc lIn rihMdI hY, auh sdw-iQr pRBU aus nMU sB QwvW ivc v`sdw id`sdw hY[ auh jIv-iesqRI sdw-iQr pRBU dI Xwd ivc msq rihMdI hY, iehI sdw kwiem rihx vwlw Awqmk isMgwr auh idn rwq krI r`KdI hY[ gurU dy Sbd ivc juV ky auh jIv-iesqRI swry suK dyx vwly pRBU nwl sWJ pwauNdI hY, aus nMU Awpxy gl nwl lweI r`KdI hY, gly ivc pRo lYNdI hY, hr vyly aus dw jwp krdI hY[ hy nwnk! auh jIv-iesqRI mwlk-pRBU dw mhl l`B lYNdI hY, gurU dI miq auqy qur ky auh pRBU-pqI dw imlwp pRwpq kr lYNdI hY[3[ hy

BweI! ijs AM\wx jIv-iesqRI nMU Dur drgwh qoN imlwp dw lyK pRwpq hoieAw, aus nMU pRBU ny Awp Awpxy crnW ivc joV ilAw[ aus jIv-iesqRI dy ihrdy ivc ieh cwnx ho igAw ik prmwqmw sB QweIN mOjUd hY[ sB QweIN ivAwpk ho rhy pRBU nMU aus jIv-iesqRI ny Awpxy mn ivc vsw ilAw, ipCly jnm ivc iliKAw lyK aus dy m`Qy auqy au~GV ipAw[ auh jIv-iesqRI ipAwry pRBU nMU cMgI l`gx l`g peI, aus dw ihrdw-syj AwnMd-BrpUr ho igAw, sdw-iQr pRBU dy nwm ismrn nMU aus ny Awpxy jIvn dw suhj bxw ilAw[ jyhVI jIv-iesqRI gurU dI miq lY ky sdw-iQr pRBU dy nwm ivc lIn ho jWdI hY, auh Awpxy AMdroN haumYN dI mYl dUr kr lYNdI hY, auh pivqR ho jWdI hY, auh pivqR jIvn vwlI bx jWdI hY[ hy nwnk! (AwK-) krqwr ny Awp aus nMU nwl imlw ilAw, aus ny prmwqmw dw nwm pRwpq kr ilAw, jo aus dy vwsqy isRStI dy nO hI ^zwny hY[4[3[4[

English Translation :

SOOHEE, THIRD MEHL:

The soul-bride may wander throughout the four ages, but still, without the True Guru, she will not find her True Husband Lord. The Kingdom of the Lord is permanent, and forever unchanging; there is no other than Him. There is no other than Him — He is True forever; the Gurmukh knows the One Lord. That soul-bride, whose mind accepts the Guru’s Teachings, meets her Husband Lord. Meeting the True Guru, she finds the Lord; without the Lord’s Name, there is no liberation. O Nanak, the soul-bride ravishes and enjoys her Husband Lord; her mind accepts Him, and she finds peace. || 1 || Serve the True Guru, O young and innocent bride; thus you shall obtain the Lord as your Husband. You shall be the virtuous and happy bride of the True Lord forever; and you shall never again wear soiled clothes. Your clothes shall never again be soiled; how rare are those few, who, as Gurmukh, recognize this, and conquer their ego. So make your practice the practice of good deeds; merge into the Word of the Shabad, and deep within, come to know the One Lord. The Gurmukh enjoys God, day and night, and so obtains true glory. O Nanak, the soul-bride enjoys and ravis

hes her Beloved; God is pervading and permeating everywhere. || 2 || Serve the Guru, O young and innocent soul-bride, and he will lead to you meet your Husband Lord. The bride is imbued with the Love of her Lord; meeting with her Beloved, she finds peace. Meeting her Beloved, she finds peace, and merges in the True Lord; the True Lord is pervading everywhere. The bride makes Truth her decorations, day and night, and remains absorbed in the True Lord. The Lord, the Giver of peace, is realized through His Shabad; He hugs His bride close in His embrace. O Nanak, the bride obtains the Mansion of His Presence; through the Guru’s Teachings, she finds her Lord. || 3 || The Primal Lord, my God, has united His young and innocent bride with Himself. Through the Guru’s Teachings, her heart is illumined and enlightened; God is permeating and pervading everywhere. God is permeating and pervading everywhere; He dwells in her mind, and she realizes her pre-ordained destiny. On his cozy bed, she is pleasing to my God; she fashions her decorations of Truth. The bride is immaculate and pure; she washes away the filth of egotism, and through the Guru’s Teachings, she merges in the True Lord. O Nanak, the Creator Lord blends her into Himself, and she obtains the nine treasure of the Naam. || 4 || 3 || 4 ||

Friday, 24 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 769

• 3 weeks later...

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer; just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him. This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world. O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. II 1 II THIRD MEHL: Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. II 2 II PAUREE: The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord. The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service. Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love. The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings. So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. II 14 II

Tuesday, 12 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 647)

DHANAASAREE, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE NAAM DAYV JEE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

They dig deep foundations, and build lofty palaces. Can anyone live longer than Markanda, who passed his days with only a handful of straw upon his head? || 1 || The Creator Lord is our only friend. O man, why are you so proud? This body is only temporary — it shall pass away. || 1 || Pause || The Kaurvas, who had brothers like Duryodhan, used to proclaim, “This is ours! This is ours!” Their royal procession extended over sixty miles, and yet their bodies were eaten by vultures. || 2 || Sri Lanka was totally rich with gold; was anyone greater than its ruler Raavan? What happened to the elephants, tethered at his gate? In an instant, it all belonged to someone else. || 3 || The Yaadvas deceived Durbaasaa, and received their rewards. The Lord has shown mercy to His humble servant, and now Naam Dayv sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 4 || 1 ||

Sunday, 17 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 692)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, VAAR WITH SHALOKS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

In the beginning, He was pervading; in the middle, He is pervading; in the end, He will be pervading. He is the Transcendent Lord. The Saints remember in meditation the all-pervading Lord God. O Nanak, He is the Destroyer of sins, the Lord of the universe. || 1 || See, hear, speak and implant the True Lord within your mind. He is all-pervading, permeating everywhere; O Nanak, be absorbed in the Lord’s Love. || 2 || PAUREE: Sing the Praise of the One, the Immaculate Lord; He is contained within all. The Cause of causes, the Almighty Lord God; whatever He wills, comes to pass. In an instant, He establishes and disestablishes; without Him, there is no other. He pervades the continents, solar systems, nether worlds, islands and all worlds. He alone understands, whom the Lord Himself instructs; he alone is a pure and unstained being. || 1 ||

Sunday, 24 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 705)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

One who withdraws from God’s Path, and attaches himself to the world, is known as a sinner in both worlds. || 1 || He alone is approved, who pleases the Lord. Only He Himself knows His creative omnipotence. || 1 || Pause || One who practices truth, righteous living, charity and good deeds, has the supplies for God’s Path. Worldly success shall not fail him. || 2 || Within and among all, the One Lord is awake. As He attaches us, so are we attached. || 3 || You are inaccessible and unfathomable, O my True Lord and Master. Nanak speaks as You inspire him to speak. || 4 || 23 || 29 ||

Tuesday, 26 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 743)