hindu gods=10 gurus ji??????????????????

Deep Singh

i was having a debate with someone, they claimed taht the hindu gods were the same as the gurus seeing they had just as much shakti as the gurus, if not even more.

i said thats wrong because i said read the dasam granth (is it bacittar natak), saying the hindu gods maya in them, where as the gurus didnt.

now i am not a khalsa ji so i thought i should ask the sangat here. so people, your opinions?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the main difference between Hindu Gods and Guru Sahiban is that Hindu Gods never existed. They were just mythical creatures, written about in religious/historic books, such as Vedas etc. Much like the Greek Gods. They were mythological, however Gurus were historic persons.

On their shaktian etc, i don't say anything because i don't know how much Shakti they had. For me those creatures were just examples of good fighing evil, just like in fairy tales. Guru Gobind Singh Ji used the creatures of 'brave warriors' to write some texts in Sri Dasam Granth. And by doing so, give his devotees a katha, that brings Bir Raas or warrior attitude. Just like nowdays people watch Braveheart, Die Hard, Rocky, The Samurai films that bring that warrior attitude into the viewers. Back in days, there were no films etc. But there were Prasang, and Dhadi Vaaran, and Bir Kathas. Those writings gave the soul a touch of that warrior spirit. Don't get me wrong, offcourse The Bani is superior, but the only reason why Guru Sahib used those creatures was to make 'War Drama'.

You can't seriously say that Hindu Gods existed?

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna Ji.

well you can definatly say ganesh existed. i remember before actually turning towards sikhi, i was quite into the hindu faith, (yes it was bad, but i didnt know), i remember one night i had darshan of ganesh.

but believing in hindu gods is anti gurmat, i no longer do the stuff i did this time last year. all because of bhai rama singhs book in search of the true guru

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

hi kandolaa paji we meet again shhh.gif lolllllllllllllll

paaji saying hindu gods where not there, it woudnt be good they where there and they had much powers too no dought.

but powers are merely nothing in ur spirirtual way,these hindu god went for powers and our guru sahib jee went for god,hukam ( bhanaa mun ke chalnaa) sewaaa, nimrtaa and after doing all this "sachkhand :D"

in many of our banis its wrriteen that dev are waitng for manuk de joon so that they can get moksh

veerje in ur debate just tell them that hindu god many havent till now recived moksh

and our guru sahib has reached the higest ddestination sachkhand sitting besides god

now just ask him who has more powers

guru sahib was against powers and showing off, if just our guru sahib did ardas the world would have got upside down but they all where in very nimrtaa and bhanna

and nimrtaa walle naal is parmeshwar hundaa take care bro

and dont forget me man " u remm " :wub: :cool: ;)

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

veero..as far as iknow since i was born and raised around hindu society..n lived in hindu state..ram ji..krishan ji..shiv ji..and other god did existed.. n e ways answer can be given with great manner by mehtab singh ji..and also wanted to know that were hindu gods in maya ?? cuz someone told me that they were not ???

bhul chuk maaf jeoo

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

hmm... my view is that we shouldnt compare Hindu Gods to Sikh Gurus. I wud say u know wot, let them say wot they want. We shouldnt say that our Gurus or their Gods are higher... to me, their Gods (whether they existed or not) done good in their own way, and our Gurus in our own way. Always point out to Hindus and everyone that it says in Hindu scriptures.. that "Ishwar ek... roop anek" - There is only one God but in many different forms. We believe this too because we believe Maharaaj is in everything around us.

Never ever fall into the trap of saying ure faith is higher than someone else religion hunna... coz at the end of the day, the Hindu Gods had the same mission as our Gurus... to save those who wanted to be saved and to bring mankind closer to Maharaaj. YES.. the approaches and methods are different... but are the aims not the same?

Brother here is something for you:

http://www.webonautics.com/mythology/mythology.html

Indian Mythology dates back to as early as 1200 B.C. when the first hymns of the RIG VEDA was composed. The hymns of the RIG VEDA are the first and freshest expression of the sense of beauty and gladness awakened in the Aryan race by the charms and the bounty of nature. What began as a celebration of natural elements such as Air, Water and Fire was converted into the worship of cosmic elements. And thus formed the triad of the early Vedic Gods - AGNI, VAYU and SURYA. The VEDIC Gods are mere abstractions, intangible and illusive personifications of the powers of nature. It is in the post-VEDIC phase or in the PURANAS the gods assumed substantial shape and individual character.

In the late VEDIC period the two ITIHASAS or epics Ramayana and the Mahabharata were compiled. The heroes of the Vedic age gradually took place of the shadowy gods of the Vedic Gods and found their places in the Puranas. This formed the phase of post-VEDIC gods or the PURANIC GODS who had their seeds and roots in the VEDAS giving rise to the concept of TRIMURTI.

Thus emerged the transition of Hindu mythology from Vedic Gods (the Cosmic Trinity) to Puranic Gods (the Hindu Trinity) who took more significant form and entity and have been worshipped in various forms ever since.

<

br>

About 3000-3500 years ago Vedas were written, after that cam Puraana. In the Veda, these Gods were cosmic "gods". In Puraana (and later writings) the writers made them earthly beings. Brother it is mythology. Same case with Greeks, Egyptian, Scandinavia-Norron people. The writers of Mahabharat and Ramayan made up stories to show the greatness of their lands and people. The Arya people, and show who bad the southern people (Dravid - Tamil etc) were.

i remember before actually turning towards sikhi, i was quite into the hindu faith, (yes it was bad, but i didnt know), i remember one night i had darshan of ganesh.

but believing in hindu gods is anti gurmat, i no longer do the stuff i did this time last year. all because of bhai rama singhs book in search of the true guru

why was being into the hindu faith bad??? So you are onto the right path now because u follow Sikhi but before you were being led wrongly??

Don't fall into such pitty comparisons. Everything religion is Potent. Says who it is anti Gurmat. Don't follow them for the simple reason that you can't travel with 2 legs in 2 different boats, but believing that the hindu gods/Avatars/Deities existed has nothing to do with being Anti-Gurmat.