Do Paath Without Shower

believer

Guru jee says:

gur siqgur kw jo isKu AKwey su Blky auiT hir nwmu iDAwvY ]

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae out(h) har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name

audmu kry Blky prBwqI iesnwnu kry AMimRq sir nwvY ]

oudham karae bhalakae parabhaathee eisanaan karae a(n)mrith sar naavai ||

Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

It also says in the rehat:

vwihgurU guru mMqR su jwp kr iesnwn pVHY jpu jwpu ]]

vaahiguroo gur ma(n)thr s jaap kar eisanaan parrhai jap jaap ||||

Repeat the Mantra of the Guru 'Vaheguru'. Take your bath and then read your morning prayers.

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

It says "arising early in the moring, he is to bathe" meaning you to wake up then take a shower. So you shouldnt really take a shower before going to sleep.

When you are reading Bani you will be more tierd if you didnt take a shower. As taking a shower awakens your body, meaning you can concentrate on bani. You can allways go back to sleep after reading your nitnem :)

Listening would be fine, however under no circumstance should any gutka, senchi , granth containing any form of bani be held or touched before taking a shower.

what about Awaze Quam or Des Pardes? is one allowed to touch these papers before having ishnaan, as they contain gurbani?

Guest guptbhenji

some people who have disabilities who in this cold weather whose heat is not working cannot shower, and have to wait for somebody to help them, even if they want to be clean themselves. So should they listen to path instead, is it ok to say the bani along with the listening?

some people who have disabilities who in this cold weather whose heat is not working cannot shower, and have to wait for somebody to help them, even if they want to be clean themselves. So should they listen to path instead, is it ok to say the bani along with the listening?

I didnt think of that, i might be wrong but if someones physically incapable and has a clean heart, why not. Whats wrong with them doing path if they pysically cant shower. Btw in uk govt pays for home helpers for things like this. They come to your house and help shower and breakfast duties or what ever is required. Also if disabled they can cover costs with housing aids i.e. shower room downszairs or what ever need is required like hot water etc. Contact local benefits office.

Guest guptbhenji

yes somebody told me panj ishnaan is ok to do aswell if one cannot have full shower, because in india long long time ago it was hard to get water, and there wasnt toothbrushes or toothpaste or things like that, and sometimes it was hard to even get sticks to clean teeth with, but still dunia rab da nau lende c teh ajkal vi lende.

And path can be done anywhere anytime, as long as done with nirmata.

I'm sure God understands when one has problems if they are not able to as they want, as long as they try.