Secret Girlfriend Of The 7/7 Bomber

JSinghN

The Orginal Source Nowhere Mentions that the girlfriend was a sikh.

And i agree that the Panth is in a bad real bad state.Sikh Girls need to be more conscious of their sikh History and identity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1550204/The-Home-Counties-boys-who-planned-murder.html

The Home Counties boys who planned murder

news-graphics-2007-_634513a.jpg Image 1 of 5Leader: Omar Khyam news-graphics-2007-_634514a.jpg Image 1 of 5Mentor: Waheed Mahmood news-graphics-2007-_634515a.jpg Image 1 of 5Fixer: Salahuddin Amin news-graphics-2007-_634516a.jpg Image 1 of 5Joker: Anthony Garcia news-graphics-2007-_634517a.jpg Image 1 of 5Student: Jawad Akbar [/url]12:01AM BST 01 May 2007 The plotters

Omar Khyam, 25

The leader of the fertiliser bombers and referred to as a "72-er" because he was prepared to die for the cause - and receive 72 virgins in Paradise.

He arranged a training camp on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border for his co-conspirators, arranged for the purchase and storage of the fertiliser for the bomb and funded the gang through frauds.

Related Articles

Khyam and his two younger brothers were brought up in Crawley, Sussex, by their single mother after their father, a textile factory owner, left the family when Khyam was 10. His grandfather served in the Royal Signals in India during the Second World War and moved to Britain in the 1970s.

Khyam said his family "didn't pay that much attention to religion" but he went to the mosque after school between the ages of five and 11 to learn the Koran in Arabic.

He was sent to Hazlewick School, a mainly white secondary school near his home where he was captain of the cricket team and the only Asian boy in a local football team. He supported Pakistan at cricket and England at football.

Khyam achieved disappointing GCSEs and began to take Islam more seriously, praying five times a day, and becoming involved with the radical group al-Muhajiroun, who showed him videos of Muslims being killed in Bosnia and Chechnya.

Khyam came across Kashmiri radicals on a family holiday to Pakistan when he was 17 and the following year, in January 2000, he ran away to join the fighters under the pretext of a school trip to France. His family appealed to the press to help find him and relatives eventually tracked him to a training camp in Pakistan. The following summer, instead of taking A-levels, he flew to Pakistan and entered Afghanistan to meet the Taliban.

Back in Britain, he signed up for courses at the University of North London but never attended because he was raising money for "the cause" and visiting Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, his views became more extreme and in January 2003 he received a conditional discharge for using threatening language after a woman accidentally brushed up against him on a tube train.

Omar Khyam's uncle told the Daily Telegraph: "You read in the papers, 'Ah, well it's because of lack of opportunities.'

"Rubbish, what part don't you understand? What lack of opportunities? They had a reasonable education, they come from reasonable families, with very stable backgrounds, financially sound.

"Khyam came from a privileged background, he lives in a semi-detached house. He was born and bred here. He drove a brand new jeep."

Waheed Mahmood, 35

The gang's spiritual mentor, they would often meet at his Crawley home to discuss religion and it was at his house in Gujar Khan in Pakistan that they first planned attacks in Britain. He worked as a sub-contractor for the gas company Transco, which allowed him access to CD-Roms of the gas supply system, one of the gang's targets. It was Mahmood who suggested attacking Blue Water shopping centre in Kent adding: "We know it's going to work, inshallah [god willing]."

Salahuddin Amin, 32

The fixer for the gang in Pakistan, he left Britain soon after September 11 and began running money and equipment to fighters in Afghanistan. He allegedly acted as a go-between for "Q" in Luton, Bedfordshire, and met both Khyam and July 7 bomber Mohammed Sidique Khan at the airport when they arrived in Pakistan.

Amin was asked by Khyam to send him a recipe for the fertiliser bomb - an email intercepted by MI5 which led to the gang's arrest.

Born in Hendon, north London, he lived in Pakistan between the ages of four and 16 before returning to Luton to study for his GCSEs at Dunstable College.

He said he was brought up as a usual teenager, dating girls, drinking alcohol and getting into fights, leading to a conditional discharge at 19 for common assault.

Amin graduated from the University of Hertfordshire aged 26 with a degree in product design but became involved in radical Islam at Finsbury Park Mosque where he met Abu Hamza.

Anthony Garcia, 24

Real name Abdulrahman Benouis, he was the joker of the group and fancied himself as a male model.

By his own admission, he was viewed as something of an "Ali G character" but he was also a key fundraiser for the group.

Born in Algeria, he came to Britain aged five and was brought up by his father, a café owner, and disabled mother in Ilford, Essex, along with three sisters and two brothers. After school, he worked for a factory outlet clothing company, Somerfield supermarket, and as a security guard for Group 4, turning to radicalism at the Baker Street prayer groups of Abu Qatada.

Jawad Akbar, 23

A friend of Khyam, who had been to the same school in Crawley and played football with him.

Akbar lived in Pakistan until the age of eight when his family moved to Italy for two years and then to Crawley where his father worked as a manager for a catering firm.

He was a third-year student at Brunel University in West London where he attended prayer circles which, he said, "send people to fight". He set up a Sunday school at Langley Green mosque in Crawley with Mahmood, and told friends his mother considered him "the pure golden boy". But he had a stormy secret relationship with a Sikh girlfriend and was heard telling her: "You will walk towards hellfire and drag me with you."

It was Akbar who suggested attacking the Ministry of Sound, adding: "No one can even turn around and say 'oh they were innocent', those slags dancing around."

i heard this on sikh sangat along time ago and her name was mentioned, and she wasn't no sikh at all more like a low caste hindu with a punjabi name.

Infact we shouldn't call her sikh as it sends out the wrong signal ie: a singhni was dating a muslim. A singhni is a sikh, not someone who was born in a sikh family and cuts hair, eats meat dates boys etc etc. we should refer to her as an indian girl.

i heard this on sikh sangat along time ago and her name was mentioned, and she wasn't no sikh at all more like a low caste hindu with a punjabi name.

Infact we shouldn't call her sikh as it sends out the wrong signal ie: a singhni was dating a muslim. A singhni is a sikh, not someone who was born in a sikh family and cuts hair, eats meat dates boys etc etc. we should refer to her as an indian girl.

I don't agree. Sure she wasn't Singhni but she may well have been of Sikh background. Plus, if we do have problems with Pakistani boys targeting girls of Sikh backgrounds, how is denying they are Sikh going to help us tackle and end the problem (as much as it can be)?

Sure, people rightly question her lifestyle etc. but instead of disassociating ourselves from her maybe we can try and use the example to wake up other dim-witted apneean? Even though from past experience I know we are likely to be told to sod off when we try....lol

Just ignoring the issue will only make it grow in my opinion. Then we may end up in an even deeper mess?

I'm just airing ideas here, so there is no need for certain people to get upset over it. If you think you have better ideas please feel free to share and discuss them without frothing at the mouth. This is an issue that can effect any of us.

I don't agree. Sure she wasn't Singhni but she may well have been of Sikh background. Plus, if we do have problems with Pakistani boys targeting girls of Sikh backgrounds, how is denying they are Sikh going to help us tackle and end the problem (as much as it can be)?

Sure, people rightly question her lifestyle etc. but instead of disassociating ourselves from her maybe we can try and use the example to wake up other dim-witted apneean? Even though from past experience I know we are likely to be told to sod off when we try....lol

Just ignoring the issue will only make it grow in my opinion. Then we may end up in an even deeper mess?

I'm just airing ideas here, so there is no need for certain people to get upset over it. If you think you have better ideas please feel free to share and discuss them without frothing at the mouth. This is an issue that can effect any of us.

Many times Punjabi Hindu Girls are referred as Sikhs in media especially when they do something wrong.Kashmir's Muslim Chief minister's wife is always referred a sikh woman but when I searched more about her I found that her name was Payal Nath and her Father's name is Ram Nath,because they have so and so sikh ancestory

She is reffered as Sikh

so before discussing any topic about a girl we should do proper research that whether the girl was really a sikh or a hindu or, Ravidasia.

i dont feel im denying the fact its a problem within the punjabi community. It a cultural problem with the punjabi community nothing to do with sikhi. It would be a problem with sikhi if singhnia were doing it. The panth and anyone in it is my family, sure i will protect and serve the rest of humanity thats the khalsa way. But i dont feel getting invlolved in romantic relationships with pakistan/muslim males and indian girls with no love for sikhi at all (except when they need help from vaheguru with exams or need a bit of luck) will make this issue less of a problem.

Brother ive been in the situations were mothers approached us and said get a daughter back, when we go to the location we then get made to look like idiots because she's in this magic fairyland that is bollywood love stories.

People who are born into sikh families are luckiest in the world, if they decide no to follow the panth and decide to entangle themselves with lust and other desires thats entirely their choice and i for one am fed up being <Edited> off with slaggy indian girls doing what they want, then coming to singhs singhnia for help or getting labelled as sikhs when they mash up. If they want to learn the hard way and or have the "modern era and get with the times attitude" or even "everyones doing it attitude" then so be it.

What ive realised is that if you dont go to the pubs clubs and gigs you wont get into the troubles associated with it, simple.

Sardari was given to us by Guru Gobind Singh ji, and he told the panth at the time that if your not the one to do much jap tap, dont worry i will give you another chance to achieve salvation (if you take amrit) but what ever you do the Sardari im giving you must be kept with the highest prestige, be careful with it. And im afraid people are throwing that sardari in the bin for the sake of culture, and so they are not sikh but indian when that happens.

AKsantali - I feel what you are saying. I'm sick of it too and am beginning to believe really nothing can be done now. But what I think you must realise is that the world in general is going to perceive/recognise these girls as Sikh. Even if they have no love or loyalty to the faith bar the superficial stuff you mentioned.

In the UK, there is even legal precedent as Sikhs are considered a religious group as well as an ethnic community because of legal cases apnay fought for.

KDS has a point about misrepresentation but sadly, we have to face the fact that very often, such bewakoof jananiaan do come from Sikh backgrounds. Just calling them Punjabi or Indian isn't going to change the fact that their actions get associated as Sikh.

What's the appeal of girls from a Sikh heritage going off with Muslim lads? I don't understand the need. There's enough clean-shaven, gelled hair, gym-going heroes in our own faith, if thats what these kind of girls are attracted to these days. Is it the danger of the forbidden and taboo? Is it a genuine romance (as impalpable as it may sound)? Or is it - supposedly - the practicing of certain nefarious dark arts by the Muslim to snare a girl for conversion?

We all know why the Muslims do it, but why do our girls fall for it?

What's the appeal of girls from a Sikh heritage going off with Muslim lads? I don't understand the need. There's enough clean-shaven, gelled hair, gym-going heroes in our own faith, if thats what these kind of girls are attracted to these days. Is it the danger of the forbidden and taboo? Is it a genuine romance (as impalpable as it may sound)? Or is it - supposedly - the practicing of certain nefarious dark arts by the Muslim to snare a girl for conversion?

We all know why the Muslims do it, but why do our girls fall for it?

This will be controversial, but I think sadee society frequently c0cks up big time when it comes to raising kids. That's why you get so many 'Singhs' who can't/won't ever fight (apart from with other apnay), and apneean who are the biggest slappers about.

This will be controversial, but I think sadee society frequently c0cks up big time when it comes to raising kids. That's why you get so many 'Singhs' who can't/won't ever fight (apart from with other apnay), and apneean who are the biggest slappers about.

I suppose so. Also, I'm not labelling all our girls in this way, in case a bibi takes offence.

In this country, there is an emerging trend of our girls prefering white men for long-term relationships, and Muslims being chosen for quick flings at uni or school. Back in Panjab, our girls seemed to have made a habit of forming illicit relationships with their mamma's or bhua's son. This is another major issue our community is in denial about in a huge way. I use to think it was just fiendish gossip from busy-bodies, but having heard first-hand of such relationships from friends and relatives - and also having direct experience of such shenanigans (as an observer) - I can say this is another problem that our community is facing. However, I don't reckon its an issue that has come to the surface as of yet. I give it a few more years. Anyway, I digress.