Laptop Dead

Mehtab Singh

my Toshiba laptop which I have been using for 3.5 years, and which I had vowed to burn once I got a new one, has preemptively died on me all of a sudden as an act of revenge against me for threatening to set it on fire…it showed a blue screen as it has on few occasions in the past and I would re-start it then…this time I did the same, I re-started it again and again but now all I see is a black screen and that's it…my guess is the windows is messed up…I am hoping to retrieve all my data and then purchase a new laptop…looking for suggestions as to which one…I heard HP is good, and I'd want a 15.4 inch screen…not sure about how much memory I should go for, although I'd want one that has a hard drive space of around 100 GB…any other suggestions? or do I let this one live for a while now?

Hi,

That happened to my laptop a few years ago. The motherboard had died or something, sometimes it can happen due to overheating. You can get it replaced but i'm unsure of how much that would cost. If it is the motherboard, then i think (not sure`) all your files might be safe. Get someone to check it out, they can replace it quite easily if that's the issue.

I have a mac and it's a great purchase, if that's out of your budget then I heard Sonys are good.

Try and get hold on an external hard drive when you get your new laptop. As opposed to using loads of USBs, you can get hard drives with loads of memory and all your stuff will be safe.

Hope that helps.

Mac is both expensive and not meant for novices .Its not as user friendy as other computers because it uses different OS and document processing programs.

Be careful when u r buying HP Pavilion cos the one i have doesnt have long Battery life.It depletes in abt 2 Hours.But i am still happy with what I have.

Nowadays all Laptops come with 240 GB ,3 GB RAM .The Return on Investment is not that Good for Sony.

Buy HP,Toshiba or Dell if u go for Non Mac.Toshiba 2 years back was best wnen it came to Laps

my Toshiba laptop which I have been using for 3.5 years, and which I had vowed to burn once I got a new one, has preemptively died on me all of a sudden as an act of revenge against me for threatening to set it on fire…it showed a blue screen as it has on few occasions in the past and I would re-start it then…this time I did the same, I re-started it again and again but now all I see is a black screen and that's it…my guess is the windows is messed up…I am hoping to retrieve all my data and then purchase a new laptop…looking for suggestions as to which one…I heard HP is good, and I'd want a 15.4 inch screen…not sure about how much memory I should go for, although I'd want one that has a hard drive space of around 100 GB…any other suggestions? or do I let this one live for a while now?

WHAT it do wen u start it? any message?...............which windows u r using?

DID u try booting ur windows in SAFE MODE?

I have no idea, but somehow it works now. I took it to a friend of mine and the rascal started like nothing ever happened to it. He logged in from safe mode and said nothing is wrong with your machine :wacko: :umm::BL::6

Haha. Go back up all your important information now!laugh.gif

I have no idea, but somehow it works now. I took it to a friend of mine and the rascal started like nothing ever happened to it. He logged in from safe mode and said nothing is wrong with your machine :wacko: :umm::BL::6

veer ji if it ever happen again boot it in SAFE MODE as it will recover or repair all the start-up files....