Re-Taking Amrit

The post sends that signal out ,like there was a topic asking 'taksaal' gurpurab dates and now this and other such topics.It seems as though people think the Akal Takht Sahib's maryada is not enough I mean fair play follow the taksaal maryada no problem but.Lets not make it look like the 'quality' of the final 'product' is better.It makes other Sikhs feel as if they are 'lower',if they ain't a taksali or a follower of taksal maryada

Interesting stuff.

I wasn't exactly focusing on the organizations (as I think I made it seem) - I was focusing more on the science (the protocols and procedures).

My main concern was 'the preparation of the Amrit'. Amrit belongs to Guru (as someone said earlier) and Guru Ji told us that Amrit must be prepared by reading the 5 Banis.

When I took Amrit, the 5 Banis were not read in their entirety (the SGPC Maryada actually says that Chaupai Sahib should be read up till Dust Dokh Te Leho Bachaee...no further). Thus, the 5 Banis were not read (entirely) when preparing Amrit. I know that Taksal reads all 5 Banis in their entirety when preparing Amrit.

So I just wanted the full 5 Bani Amrit like Guru Ji intended us to take.

Panj Piare also give us Gurmantar and Mool Mantar. I received Gurmantar....but I did not receive the full Mool Mantar (and | know that Taksali Panj Piare would give the whole Mool Mantar).

I was also given a less strict Rehat - only read 3 Banis in the morning (Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tve Prasad Swaiye), eat meat as long as it's not Halaal, etc.

So I wanted the more strict Taksali Rehat from the Panj Piare.

That is why I was thinking of retaking Amrit (to get the full 5 Bani Amrit, full Mool Mantar, and strict Rehat). My only question was whether anyone had heard of anyone retaking Amrit (from the beginning)...

Anyways - it's okay - thank you for your inputs.

(And to re-emphasize - I was focusing on protocols and procedures, not organizations/jathebandis.)

Just because a member has a problem with Taksal shouldn't mean Sikhs should shy away from giving Taksal the credit they deserve. It is because of the Taksal with the Akaali Nihang Singhs that Sikhi is alive today. Sikhi rides on their shoulders and whoever is not greatful of their contribution does not deserve anyone's time. The Taksal in the late 70s and early 80s woke up the Khalsa Panth to the slavery that was around their necks. There is more to be said, but its going off topic.

The Singhs that are Gursikh, is where Satguru's Amrit should be taken. Taksal rehat is above and beyond, which means these Gursikhs have to have strong rehat and have high jeevans. This does not mean other Gursikhs out of this jatha don't exist or are not proper, but they are hard to find and then to get five Gursikhs, is much harder to call in. The Taksal are available and visible in the Panth, so it's no suprise that people ask for them. There are other jathas that have just as much pyare as the Taksal out their for Guru Sahib, but the topic has kind of drifted off on to the Taksal. So there was somethings that needed to be cleared up here.

Interesting stuff.

I wasn't exactly focusing on the organizations (as I think I made it seem) - I was focusing more on the science (the protocols and procedures).

My main concern was 'the preparation of the Amrit'. Amrit belongs to Guru (as someone said earlier) and Guru Ji told us that Amrit must be prepared by reading the 5 Banis.

When I took Amrit, the 5 Banis were not read in their entirety (the SGPC Maryada actually says that Chaupai Sahib should be read up till Aap Hath Dai Leho Chadayee...no further). Thus, the 5 Banis were not read (entirely) when preparing Amrit. I know that Taksal reads all 5 Banis in their entirety when preparing Amrit.

So I just wanted the full 5 Bani Amrit like Guru Ji intended us to take.

Panj Piare also give us Gurmantar and Mool Mantar. I received Gurmantar....but I did not receive the full Mool Mantar (and | know that Taksali Panj Piare would give the whole Mool Mantar).

I was also given a less strict Rehat - only read 3 Banis in the morning (Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tve Prasad Swaiye), eat meat as long as it's not Halaal, etc.

So I wanted the more strict Taksali Rehat from the Panj Piare.

That is why I was thinking of retaking Amrit (to get the full 5 Bani Amrit, full Mool Mantar, and strict Rehat). My only question was whether anyone had heard of anyone retaking Amrit (from the beginning)...

Anyways - it's okay - thank you for your inputs.

(And to re-emphasize - I was focusing on protocols and procedures, not organizations/jathebandis.)

Your right, Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj said read the five Banis then the Punj Pyare must do it; meaning all of Sri Chaupai Sahib. To get your questions and doubts answered ask from your local Gurdwara to speak with a Taksal Gursikh or Nihang Singh. They can surely answer your questions.

SouthallYouth, no one said Akal Takht's Maryada isn't enough.

I understand people who wants to go pesh at the jathebandi/place/Panj Piare where they shak'd Amrit the first time. If someone wants to go pesh because they don't think all Baniyaan were read at the Amrit Sanchar, they should consult Panj Piare and follow their Hukam of whether to go pesh or not. All conversations between you and the Panj Piare are and will always remain Gupt so do not share it with anyone else.

I spoke to an aunty a couple of months ago and she said she thinks I should go pesh at the next Amrit Sanchar organised by AKJ because according to her I didn't get Naam Drirh at my Amrit Sanchar, hmmmm. I asked her why a person should go pesh if they are not a patit (I wasn't talking about myself but in general) and she said there are different "levels" of Amrit Sanchars and that AKJ is at the highest level. I said I do not agree with her and when I'm going to pesh one day it will be at an Amrit Sanchar organised by Damdami Taksal.

I have a question; let's say a person shaks Amrit and is told that keski is kakaar and raagmala isn't bani, then he has to go pesh because he committed a bujjar kurehit. Now he is told that kesh is kakaar and raagmala is bani. Let's say he has to go pesh again and now he is told that he can eat meat unless it isn't halal meat. I'd like to know what you should think if you go pesh and get different maryada all the time?

Please ignore the poor grammar, I do not live in an English speaking country.

if you really want to take or retake amrit properly then go to amrit sanchars organised by akj india, akj toronto, or tapoban sahib toronto. Why? because they are the places where there has been unbroken lineage of having larivaar saroop prakshed at amrit sanchar. Unfortunaly though akj uk use larivaar saroop, the punj pyare may have shakked amrit where there was pad ched saroop because in early days akjuk did use pad ched saroops sometimes.

The gurgadi was passed onto larivaar saroop guru granth sahib ji. Guru Gobind Singh jee created larivaar saroop and gave gurgadi to that saroop. Padched is actually a modern man made invention. Even if taksalis or whoever starts doing prakash of larivaar saroop at amritsanchars it wont make any difference because the punj pyare still would have taken amrit from pad ched saroop.

Think and decide for your self. Also for akj india and tapoban toronto, only strict naam abhiyaais who follow sarbloh bibek can do seva.

if you really want to take or retake amrit properly then go to amrit sanchars organised by akj india, akj toronto, or tapoban sahib toronto. Why? because they are the places where there has been unbroken lineage of having larivaar saroop prakshed at amrit sanchar. Unfortunaly though akj uk use larivaar saroop, the punj pyare may have shakked amrit where there was pad ched saroop because in early days akjuk did use pad ched saroops sometimes.

The gurgadi was passed onto larivaar saroop guru granth sahib ji. Guru Gobind Singh jee created larivaar saroop and gave gurgadi to that saroop. Padched is actually a modern man made invention. Even if taksalis or whoever starts doing prakash of larivaar saroop at amritsanchars it wont make any difference because the punj pyare still would have taken amrit from pad ched saroop.

Think and decide for your self. Also for akj india and tapoban toronto, only strict naam abhiyaais who follow sarbloh bibek can do seva.

Are we doing that much shanka that all of us havent taken amrit?

Taksal - larevaar Saroop, Nihang Dals - Larevaar Saroop

What about -

Mool Mantar

Gurmantar

Kakkars

Correct Gurbani

We tend to forget all these thing aswell, and all the other maryadas that are passed down but are not advertised.

This topic is going way off topic and it seemed its confusing the sangat and also possibly making some insecure to wether they have taken amrit or not.

Wherever you do decide to take amrit, please do some research and please please do not after question the amrit. But make sure before hand everything is correct, to prevent these shankas and everything highlighted in this thread coming up.