Uproar On Bbc Asian Network

Hammertime007

"First they came…" is a famous statement attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. The text of the quotation is usually presented roughly as follows:

When Hitler attacked the Jews I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned.

And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned.

And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned.

Then Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church — and there was nobody left to be concerned.

I know the media here well. If any apnay go to the Luton thing tomorrow, they will probably flash any pictures they get of them all over the media (subtly making a big deal of it).

The EDL have gone from being 'Anti Muslim extremist' to now being generally 'Anti-Islam/Koran'. What foolishness is this to make general enemies of billions of people?

Notice how in that recent Newsnight clip, the media already slyly suggested that that Guramit bloke is the brains behind all the commotion. In future they may well just blame him for any mess that happens, like a convenient brown scapegoat.

Plus they may try and deflect growing Muslim aggression/tension in this country by manipulating the representation of events to redirect this anger towards Sikhs to take the heat off whites.

People play some very dirty games out there. More simple brothers need to seriously ask themselves if they are being unwittingly manipulated, even if they misguidedly think they have our own interests at heart.

God forbid Sikhi were to ever come under the hateful, occasionally unjustified and irrational ire that Islam is subjected to from most quarters of the right-wing press in the UK. When the good people within Sikhi will be asked to explain OUR faith and principles to the wider public who are unaware of Sikhi and its teachings, will anyone really listen to us when they see members of our community galavanting with the likes of the EDL?

What are we going to say then? "Sikhs are a peaceful and tolerant people - but we also like the company of far-right groups like the EDL". We're going to be laughed out of town, and trust me when I say that when devious elements within the Islamic community will begin a dirty-tricks campaign against Sikhs, we are going to be up slack alley because we can't even stand together as a quom! I can see it now.