Birmingham-Kaljug?

Guest Jasjivan Singh

_singhni_, on 12 February 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

plus most reinsbais happen in Birmingham

now you're just giving them ammunition!

And what do you mean by that chatanga?

Maybe he means that it is at the reinsbais where plenty of this dodgey stuff goes on.

From someone who goes to lots of reinsbais. :)

Hahahaha, you lot are hilarious! You can't base someone on their city!

Birmingham has quite a few Gursikh's who meet quite often, arrange house programmes to bring sangat closer, arrange keertan's every friday and s also arrange a coach to reinbhai's for sangat. So is it still Kaljug? There are so many respectful gursikh's in birmingham. Soho Road Gurdwara is in Birmingham therefore your saying its all kaljug at the Gurdwara too. I could say the same about Southall. Seriously guys, fix up and think with your head instead of making stupid things up.

By the way, I'm not from Birmingham but I do go on a regular basis and I personally would love to live in Birmingham so I could be closer to sangat!

Hahaha well u will be coming closer to the wrong sangat then. It's not just one person, so many people have said it. The dodgiest stories , the love marriages , the people who stir, the extreme gossips all come from Birmingham ......................... Maybe, just maybe , birmingham sangat need to sort themselves out . From what I have seen of these weekly kirtan programs , it seems like people just go to doss. God bless

Birmimgham has come out with three Sikh channels, I am sure alot of work effort, maya has gone into making that possible for everyone in UK especially the elderly to watch kirtan and find out what is happening in Punjab. I really think it does not serve the Sikh community to be constantly 'putting down' other Sikhs. There is no justification for it, Birmingham has the largest Vaisaki programme outside of India in the world and it is amazing no one one earth can compare the seva that goes into making that happen.

Personally I have struggled with living in East London, I find the Sikhs 100% unsupportive, since living here for about 12 years and only EVER going out to Gurdwaras and no where else, and even after taking Amrit and being a practising Sikh, I still have no friends here. It is so sad that we cannot 'love' each other and constantly are suspicious, ever easy to gossip rather than support, it is so sad because I have seen so so so many people come to Gurdwaras in times of need and sadness only to leave, afarid of gossip. Why can't we pray for each other like do in churches and wish everyone happiness, instead of always being suspicous and indulging in gossip.

Really fed of all this, calling yourself 'sangat' has a very special meaning in Sikhi, and it is heartbreaking to see the 'SANGAT' happily gossiping about Sikhs in Birmingham looking weird and dodgy!!!