Is Manmohan Singh Clean?

DashingSingh

Here is a video of Manmohan practicing what he wants. These down to earth people also should start practicing this in their home. Has Manmohan spoken up about the recent incident of a Sikhs Dastar being taken off by the police officer?

By your measure, anyone who pays respect to another religion by attending a religous ceremony at another religion's place of worship is a traitor to their own faith??

What a joke. Show me where Manmohan Singh said."I am setting myself up to be an example to all Sikhs in the world."? He in fact said I am an Indian first.

Your acheivements must tower over this man, who only managed to get from a village in India - via degrees at the finest Universities in the World, a successful career at the United nations, to become one of the longest serving leaders of an enormously complex nation of 1.2 billion.

What is such a strong Sikh Warrior like you doing in Canada? Move back to the Punjab and save the homeland!!!

I'll pay for your ticket.

Singho there is no need to launch personal attacks against each other. Debate by all means, but please.. thand rakho jeo :)

I didn't mean to get personal.

I just get very tired of people constantly slagging off a Sikh who has achieved so much and done a lot for alleviating poverty in India.

He may not be perfect, but then neither are any of us.

Since you think its resepct, then this is what Guru Sahib says about this kind of 'respect':

ਜੋ ਪਾਥਰ ਕਉ ਕਹਤੇ ਦੇਵ ॥ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੇਵ

ਜੋ ਪਾਥਰ ਕੀ ਪਾਂਈ ਪਾਇ ॥ ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਘਾਲ ਅਜਾਂਈ ਜਾਇ ॥1

ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਹਮਰਾ ਸਦ ਬੋਲੰਤਾ ॥ ਸਰਬ ਜੀਆ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਤਾ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਦੇਉ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਅੰਧੁ ॥ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਕਾ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਪਾਵੈ ਫੰਧੁ

ਨ ਪਾਥਰੁ ਬੋਲੈ ਨਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਫੋਕਟ ਕਰਮ ਨਿਹਫਲ ਹੈ ਸੇਵ ॥2

Their service is useless. Those who fall at the feet of a stone god their work is wasted in vain. ||1|| My Lord and Master speaks forever. God gives His gifts to all living beings. ||1||Pause|| The Divine Lord is within the self, but the spiritually blind one does not know this. Deluded by doubt, he is caught in the noose. The stone does not speak; it does not give anything to anyone. Such religious rituals are useless; such service is fruitless. ||2|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang, 1160)

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮੂਲੇ ਭੂਲੇ ਅਖੁਟੀ ਜਾਂਹੀ ॥ ਨਾਰਦਿ ਕਹਿਆ ਸਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਾਂਹੀ

ਅੰਧੇ ਗੁੰਗੇ ਅੰਧ ਅੰਧਾਰੁ ॥ ਪਾਥਰੁ ਲੇ ਪੂਜਹਿ ਮੁਗਧ ਗਵਾਰ

ਓਹਿ ਜਾ ਆਪਿ ਡੁਬੇ ਤੁਮ ਕਹਾ ਤਰਣਹਾਰੁ ॥2

The Hindus have forgotten the Primal Lord; they are going the wrong way. As Naarad instructed them, they are worshipping idols. They are blind and mute, the blindest of the blind. The ignorant fools pick up stones and worship them. But when those stones themselves sink, who will carry you across? ||2|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang, 556)

You come on here to justfy his stand, and i'm showing you what you don't like. Not my fault your getting upset.

I don't see why you are quoting that section from the Guru Granth Sahib? It is not relevant. where does it say you should not show respect at another religion's place of worship?

I agree that it criticises Hinduism and its practices.

Manmohan Singh sat through a ceremony in a mandir - possible because he is the secular leader of 850 million hindus??? . He didn't become a Hindu by doing that.

In the same way, that your Canadian PM didn't become a Sikh by visiting the Golden Temple.....or any non-Sikh who pay respects in a Gurdwara or take part in langar.

I don't see why you are quoting that section from the Guru Granth Sahib? It is not relevant. where does it say you should not show respect at another religion's place of worship?

Here is more on how much Guru Sahib gave respect to the stone idol and their worshippers.

ਮਨਮ ਕੁਸ਼ਤਨਮ ਕੋਹੀਯਾਂ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤ

ਕਿ ਓ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤੰਦੁ ਮਨ ਬੁਤ ਸ਼ਿਕਸਤ ॥95

I have killed hill Rajas (kings) who are bent on mischief. They are stone idol worshippers, I break idols and I worship one Lord. (Zaffarnama, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

I agree that it criticises Hinduism and its practices.

It does not criticize the Hindus, but anyone that worships stone idols

Manmohan Singh sat through a ceremony in a mandir - possible because he is the secular leader of 850 million hindus??? . He didn't become a Hindu by doing that.

Manmohan did not sit through it but took part in the practice of idol worship.

In the same way, that your Canadian PM didn't become a Sikh by visiting the Golden Temple.....or any non-Sikh who pay respects in a Gurdwara or take part in langar.

So Manmohan is a politician who does this stuff to please others? I agree with you he is a politician and does it to please others. He does not follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj on the most basic teaching. So as a result he is not a Sikh.

3. He stated in 1994 that the Sikhs had faced no human rights violations in India. This was the time that thousands of Sikh youths were killed in fake encounters. Maybe you think the economic future of India is more important that a few thousand Sikh lives extinguished by the party that MS was then representing.

He did what!!!! That is the most shameless thing to do in the world. Ten years after the Sikh genocide he states this to everyone. This guy has no heart. It obviously he cares about money more than Sikh lives.

3. He stated in 1994 that the Sikhs had faced no human rights violations in India. This was the time that thousands of Sikh youths were killed in fake encounters. Maybe you think the economic future of India is more important that a few thousand Sikh lives extinguished by the party that MS was then representing.

Was this when he was asked by the United Nations?

Ask any Sikh on this forum if he/she were given the opportunity to bring Sikhs suffering to the international stage, we would fall over each other to tell the world the horrors we've been subjected to. For him to say nothing happened is just mind-blowing. How does he sleep?

No personal ambitions, career objectives, etc., are worth more than the murders of your own brothers and sisters. What kind of stone-filled hearts do these people possess?