Darshan ('Prof' Darshan 'Singh') Caught In His Own Lies

Only five

The lies that are being spread by Darshan (who is followers refer to him as Prof Darshan Singh) are in the numbers. In the above video if you forward it to 8:10 you will hear Darshan say that anyone that gets on stage and does kirtan or katha of any Bani other than Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in a Gurdwara. That person should be stopped and the sangat should not listen to it. This is a direct attack on the Khalsa Panth because Darshan refers to Bhai Gurdas ji Vaar as beadbi (the Vaars are outside of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji). Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj refered to the Vaars as the key to Gurbani. This is a direct attack on our nitnem Banis as well because 3 out of the 5 come from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Also how can we start out Gurdwaras in the morning when the Ardas is not from Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj?

This video shows that Darshan is against the nitnem Banis of the Khalsa Panth. But in a recent interview he says I am not against them. Here is the link to this video: http://vimeo.com/20943000 Darshan is asked the question whether he is slandering and going against the nitnem Banis. Darshan at first completely avoids the question and starts attacking the Jathedars. Then he goes further to say the nitnem Banis is not for me to solve or some deras or anyone else, but the Panth we decide. The question that arises here is. When has the nitnem Banis need to be solved? Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj read this Banis on 1699 and they have been the nitnem Banis ever since. So Darshan here is already putting doubt on nitnem Banis. Then the host, asks Darshan again whether he doubts the nitnem Banis. The host himself is not intelligent because Darshan has already cast a doubt on the nitnem Banis in this interview. So Darshan goes futher after he is asked again. He says now the Panth took 14 years to decide the nitnem Banis and I am in not against the nitnem Banis. This is a complete lie. From the first video in this post he say, don't let anyone do kirtan or katha of any Bani other than Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at Gurdwaras. Since 3 out of the 5 Banis in the nitnem are not from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, then he is against these Banis and goes as far as saying, it is beadbi to read these Banis, which are outside of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Without these three Banis there is no Amritdharis and their can never be a Khalsa Panth in the future if people keep following him.

I can't claim to be an expert on Darshan Singh or Sikh scriptures, but isn't it a bit far to suggest that this individual is leading some big conspiracy to destroy the khalsa panth?

There is no religion in this world where there have not been various schools of thought about how certain scriptures or codes should be interpreted. Is he not just preaching about - in his opinion - the ultimate importance of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib in Sikhism?

I have watched some interviews with him on youtube; he seems to be a serious individual with none of the trappings that one associates with dodgy granthis.

I don't know enough about this or him, but perhaps you have some personal beef with him.

I can't claim to be an expert on Darshan Singh or Sikh scriptures, but isn't it a bit far to suggest that this individual is leading some big conspiracy to destroy the khalsa panth?

We have pure evidence against Darshan. Here is a link to majority of the evidence against him http://patshahi10.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=315:prof-darshan-singh-ragi-is-corrupt&catid=34:english&Itemid=63

There is no religion in this world where there have not been various schools of thought about how certain scriptures or codes should be interpreted. Is he not just preaching about - in his opinion - the ultimate importance of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib in Sikhism?

Sikhi is not like other religions. Our Gurus are not prophets or like other prophets in the world. Its clear to me you don't know much about Sikhi to make an accurate conclusion here about this issue. Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa always stressed the importance of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and he never slandered or lied or disrespected Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj Bani.

I have watched some interviews with him on youtube; he seems to be a serious individual with none of the trappings that one associates with dodgy granthis.

What do you call a person who first reads, does kirtan, and uses Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj Bani in his life. Then he says to sangat 3 out of the 5 Nitnem Banis, which he was in full support of is not the Bani of the Guru.. Not only does he slander the Bani, but he slanders Guru Sahib further by saying Guru Sahib is the raja in the charitar of Anep Kur. And then to stir up the story even more by sitting infront of sangat in a New York Gurdwara he adds other things in the story, which are not even in the Charitar. What is being talked about in this topic is his lying. Does a serious person first say don't ever let any other Bani in a Gurdwara be done Katha of or Kirtan of than Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. And then a month later in a interview Darshan lies to the interviewer he is not against the Nitnem Banis.

I don't know enough about this or him, but perhaps you have some personal beef with him.

When Guru Sahib is slandered by him, then it did become a personal beef with him. Before his insults I knew of him, but there was no beef because he never slandered Guru Sahib. Instead he promoted the Bani he is against now. And if you are a Sikh, then you aswell would have a personal beef with anyone that slanders Guru Sahib and slanders Guru Sahib's Bani.

If you are not sure about sikh scriptures then you should not write in favour of Darshan Ragi.

Darshan singh is a ragi. He is not interpreter of scriptures. Sikh rehat maryada debars a

Ragoi to do katha while singing hymns. He is violating sikh rehat maryada.

Sikhs have been following their traditions for the last three hundred years. A sharabi

kababi has no knowledge to prove them wrong. He is just saying things from top

of his head without any proof.

If you are not sure about sikh scriptures then you should not write in favour of Darshan Ragi.

Darshan singh is a ragi. He is not interpreter of scriptures. Sikh rehat maryada debars a

Ragoi to do katha while singing hymns. He is violating sikh rehat maryada.

Sikhs have been following their traditions for the last three hundred years. A sharabi

kababi has no knowledge to prove them wrong. He is just saying things from top

of his head without any proof.

I was not writing in favour of him - I was putting foward a question - that is why I ended my point with a question mark.

We have pure evidence against Darshan. Here is a link to majority of the evidence against him http://patshahi10.or...glish&Itemid=63

When Guru Sahib is slandered by him, then it did become a personal beef with him. Before his insults I knew of him, but there was no beef because he never slandered Guru Sahib. Instead he promoted the Bani he is against now. And if you are a Sikh, then you aswell would have a personal beef with anyone that slanders Guru Sahib and slanders Guru Sahib's Bani.

Thank you for your detailed response. Given your clear hatred of this man and what he preaches, I hope you are putting your words into action and doing more than just type about him!! I think he too is based in Canada - perhaps you should challenge him to a debate, or protest next time he is at a gurdwara.....or are you just an PC warrior??