Sikhnet The Homosexual Anand Karaj Advocates

Only five

Then how can you allow homosexual marriages? What many of you don't get is that the Anand Karaj marriage is not based on what the person is attracted too.

Firstly not many sikhs think that homosexuals should be allowed to get married in Gurudwaras. Secondly, why is a person homosexual? Until we find a homosexual sikh and ask whether it's based on attraction or something else, we will never know. Thirdly, are you saying that homosexuals should be forced to marry the opposite sex? I cant see that idea going wrong................

Finally, whats does sikhi say about hermaphrodites?

The debate about homosexuality should stop here. The Akaal Takht issued a verdict about homosexuality not being Gurmat. They didn't say whether it is right or wrong or any of that.

The justification (from my understanding) is that a person who is homosexual will use kaam and sexual attraction to marry his or her same gender partner, whereas a person should marry according to Gurmat.

What Singhstah said earlier in his post wrapped up the issue well.

With this said i am socially liberal and believe homosexuals to be no better and no less than any other human being on this planet. This may be a part of kudrath the way they become homosexual, past karam, or tests for the individual.

edit- In old times in the United States when not many people knew about homosexuals (or didnt talk about it) many homosexuals would get married normally and nothing was ever said of it and their relationship continued normally as functioning Americans.

Now here we are questioning gurmat left and right and have become a bit too loose about the matter. We all need to respect each others views but also respect Gurmat even more.

Firstly not many sikhs think that homosexuals should be allowed to get married in Gurudwaras. Secondly, why is a person homosexual? Unitl we find a homosexual sikh and ask whether it's based on attraction or something else, we will never know. Thirdly, are you saying that homosexuals should be forced to marry the opposite sex? I cant see that idea going wrong................

Finally, whats does sikhi say about hermaphrodites?

I just wrote another post to you so im copy and paste it. Whether homosexuality is an attraction, kaam, or sexual instinct, Gurmat say don't follow any of these animal ways and follow the Guru's Path.

Also, how can you speak on what they need? How if they need two partners to satisfy their attractions. For homosexual people, you and the rest that support this manmat practices want to satisfy their attration toward the same sex, so why are you not allow the same equal rights to the bisexual people?

Again Anand Karaj is not about what a person is sexually attracted too. Read Gurbani and get kaam and sexual instinct out of the mind. This is one of the fouces of a Sikh, when they love Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj.

For hermaphrodites? Let's take a teaching of Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and apply it here. When the Khalsa was finalized he gave Singh and Kaur as a last name? Ask the hermaphrodites what his last name is and you'll have your answer.