Sikhnet The Homosexual Anand Karaj Advocates

Only five

Would you encourage a homosexual person to marry someone of the opposite sex despite being repulsed by the thought of being physical with them, and despite not really having a connection with them? Or would you say that this homosexual person should just not get married and focus on their connection with God alone, as getting married and being physical with someone of the same sex would be wrong?

Just wondering, really. How somebody's sexuality can be seen as 'immoral' is beyond me.

Just wondering, really. How somebody's sexuality can be seen as 'immoral' is beyond me.

Go to sikhi to the max type in sexual instinct and see what shabads come up. Read them and come to understanding based on Gurbani.

A quick reminder for everyone, this is a Sikh forum where Sikhi is held as the highest authority. Not your own personal so called common sense views.

Go to sikhi to the max type in sexual instinct and see what shabads come up. Read them and come to understanding based on Gurbani.

A quick reminder for everyone, this is a Sikh forum where Sikhi is held as the highest authority. Not your own personal so called common sense views.

sikhi doesnt talk about gay marriage, therefore we shouldnt use sikhi to prove that its right/ wrong. i personally think gays should have full freedom but it would be awkward to see them get marrid in a gurudwara so i dont know about this but the article is really offensive as it makes gays look immoral. back to the point, it would be wrong for anyone including sgpc to deny the gays that are sikh... it would be wrong for us to say anything because our knowledge is very limited. we shouldnt get into this stuff.. i do support gay marriage though.. but it would be weird to have it take place in the gurudwara :/ but again thats just my opinion..

we shouldnt act like we know better i guess... and say sikhi accepts/rejects gays.

sikhi doesnt talk about gay marriage, therefore we shouldnt use sikhi to prove that its right/ wrong.

Okay, if you want to have this discussion. Then please tell me what homosexuality or any other sexual orientation is based on?

Also tell me what Sikhi Anand Karaj is based on. What is the main focus of the Anand Karaj?

Wow.. How ultra liberal we all have become.. Human mind is disgustingly full of five vices. Problem is that the western society tells us ooohhh we are perfect and there is a solution for everything without involving faith.. This is what happens when we separate church and state. Keep strong faith in our dharam. OUR mind is full of five evils, don't listen to them.. listen to what waheguru jee says.. We predict that whatever is happening around us is acceptable in our dharam. God's masterplan is to create balance in everything but it is always human who is destroying that..

Imagine what would have happened if someone ever was to go and ask about sikhi allowing same sex relation from our great sikh personalities such as sant jarnail singh ji bhinderanwalay, he will sure beat the crap out of you; not because he hates you, but because he doesn't want sikhs to agree with such relationships. We need to think with an intelligent mind what is right and what is wrong.God made male and female for a purpose. What is the purpose of a same sex marriage? What are we trying to achieve by allowing the defiance of basic principles of life?

...Imagine what would have happened if someone ever was to go and ask about sikhi allowing same sex relation from our great sikh personalities such as sant jarnail singh ji bhinderanwalay, he will sure beat the crap out of you......

What you talking about ! You painting Sant Ji as a violent guy who has no tolerance....Sant ji would explain everything right or wrong,only then he would get a bit tough if you still didnt listen......Pls dont make Sant ji look like an Ayottollah...!!

I genuinely just wanted to read people's opinions on those specific questions.

"Would you encourage a homosexual person to marry someone of the opposite sex despite being repulsed by the thought of being physical with them, and despite not really having a connection with them? Or would you say that this homosexual person should just not get married and focus on their connection with God alone, as getting married and being physical with someone of the same sex would be wrong?"

I genuinely just wanted to read people's opinions on those specific questions.

"Would you encourage a homosexual person to marry someone of the opposite sex despite being repulsed by the thought of being physical with them, and despite not really having a connection with them?Or would you say that this homosexual person should just not get married and focus on their connection with God alone, as getting married and being physical with someone of the same sex would be wrong?"

Sikhi is in trouble, if this is how majority of the people think. Akal Purakhs fauj is above physical attractions. Akal Purakh fauj is attracted to one thing in this world. The Gursikhs in the past were completely attracted to Akal Purakh. Akal Purakh was not just their spouse, but their life, their water, their food, their breath of life, their way of life. How can you be attracted to or repulsed to something else when your in love with Akal Purakh?

Akal Purakh fauj is neither heterosexual or homosexual or any other sexual orientation. They follow the commands of Akal Purakh their one and only. Gursikhi is an immortal way of life.

some people are trying to say gay marriage is wrong as they are attracted towards other males.. and its a kaami thing.. :\ well if a gay person wants to marry their partner and is serious about sikhi who are we or anyone to deny them anandkaraj and allow it for someone who doesnt even care about sikhi.. some sikhs that marry someone from other religion get married in gurudwara and then somewhere else.. (mandir) why is that allowed and not gay marriage? how can we say its okay to not really follow sikhi and take anandkaraj as if it has no meaning... i bet a lot of people that marry sikhi way and arent into sikhi dont even know what anandkaraj mean.. they just do it.. so why do that.. take false vows because anandkaraj mean two people marrying to be spiritual together and help eachother become one with that jot.. .so what i am trying to say is that people take false vows.. hows that okay and gay marriage isnt okay?

---- read my previous post i am not saying gay marriage is allowed in sikhi i am just saying that since gurbani doesnt address this issue, we shouldnt be assuming things, arguing further on this topic as its coming from us manmukhs. we have less knowledge about this issue and shouldnt say sikhi allows it or rejects it because we cant speak for the whole kaum we arent worthy of it"

+ 100

The idea that tolerance of homosexuality is some bizarre western notion doesnt know that it was the british who imposed anti-gay laws in every country they colonised, including Punjab. They influenced local culture all over the world to be come less tolerant to things that were against their protestant nonsensical beliefs.

BTW, Waheguru created hermaphrodites too, where do they fit in in this man/woman system?