Which Religion Is Right? How Do We Know?

Guest Japjeev

anything! just show me anything with a good evidence, and i will be happy and my question will be answered

Here is the litmus test, courtesy of Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Jee Maharaj

srb Drm mih sRyst Drmu ]

sarab dhharam mehi sraesatt dhharam ||

Of all religions, the best religion

hir ko nwmu jip inrml krmu ]

har ko naam jap niramal karam ||

is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

http://sikhitothemax...p?ShabadID=3329

rwm ky gun gwau ]

raam kae gun gaao ||

Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

hlqu plqu hoih dovY suhyly Acrj purKu iDAwau ]1] rhwau ]

halath palath hohi dhovai suhaelae acharaj purakh dhhiaao ||1|| rehaao ||

In both this world and the next, you shall be embellished with beauty, meditating on the wondrous Primal Lord God. ||1||Pause||

sB qy aUqm iehu krmu ]

sabh thae ootham eihu karam ||

This is the most exalted deed.

sgl Drm mih sRyst Drmu ]

sagal dhharam mehi sraesatt dhharam ||

Of all faiths, this is the most sublime and excellent faith.

hir ismrin qyrw hoie auDwru ]

har simaran thaeraa hoe oudhhaar ||

Meditating in remembrance on the Lord, you shall be saved.

jnm jnm kw auqrY Bwru ]3]

janam janam kaa outharai bhaar ||3||

You shall be rid of the burden of countless incarnations. ||3||

in bachittar natak, guru gobind singh ji himself tells us that when the world started, god send different people at differnt times, all to do the same thing, to start the right path on earth and show people the true meaning of life, how to do things the right way. first god sends the demons, then the demi gods, then the various others followed, like shiv ji, vishnu ni, bahrma ji, who people believed to be god themselfs, and each started their own path, thats why we have so many, cuz everybody started their own, but didnt do the one thing god told them, the one thing of bhagati, nobody told that to the people, so soon came jesus, starts his own path, then comes muhammad, who also starts his own path, theres also budda, who started own path, theres a countless number of faiths and beliefs, but yet, nobody is doing what akal purkh told them, nobody started that maryada that was told by god, so finally when god sees that nobody told the people of amrit, nobody told the people the truth, nobody gave them kakkars, everything is not the way akal purkh himself wanted it to be, so finally akal purkh calls guru gobind singh ji, who at the time is lean in bhagti at sri hemkunt sahib, up in the mountains. god calls upon guru ji, and says i will make you my son, and you shall go spread truth upon earth. and guru ji replies while standing in front of god, with folded hands, i can only do this task if i have your assistance

this whole long sakhi is done in a very awesome katha, prolly one of my all time favorite kathas to listen to ever, bachittar natak katha, done by sant ji, really gud stuff, especially the way sant ji describes everything, says it just like its written, almost feels like guru ji himself is doing katha and explaining why he was sent down to earth from sri hemkunt sahib, for which reason he needed to do all this that he has done. its really worth listenting to, and then you will understand about all these differnt religions we have today, but only 1 religion where akal purkh, god himself takes full responcibility for is sikhi, as written by the guru gobind singh ji, in sri dasam granth sahib, in which guru ji says he has no care in the world about what people say is the truth, or what people think of him, guru ji says he has been given a duty by god, and will only say what has been taught to him by akal purkh.

here is link that this entire parsang: http://www.gurmatvee..._Granth_Viakhya

its file numbers 2 and 3, "ab main apni katha bakhano"

Guest Japjeev

well cant other religions also say there the real ones hence why we have so many religous wars. the only thing that stands out for sikhi for me is that nobody ever forced one to be in sikhi either you find it or are born with it.

other religions can say they are real, thats what they are currently doing. but do they have such a real history to back it up? if we look at gur ithaas, and sikh ithaas, the bar has been set very high, very recent too.

which other religion can match such high caliber of sacrifices, such high morals of living??

i think we only need to look at 1 person's life and compare to rest of world, and that 1 person is none other then dhan dhan guru gobind singh ji maharaj.

if we take all the worlds saints, or religions prophets, from differnt religions, differnt faiths, and put them on 1 side, and put guru ji on other side, alone, nobody can compare to such sacrifices. the real truth is that there is nobody out there that can stand up to maharaj's level. never was, nor is, never will be. we just need to realize this for ourselfs

while everybody says they are real, but their history does not hold up with their claims. they try to convert you sooo bad, with twisted lies and false propaganda, yet they have only managed to get quantity, but no quality. but if you look at sikhi, we dont seek any converts, we dont need false propaganda tactics used by others, our history speaks for itself.

well cant other religions also say there the real ones hence why we have so many religous wars. the only thing that stands out for sikhi for me is that nobody ever forced one to be in sikhi either you find it or are born with it.

If Guru Sahib's Bani shows you that they did not accept the religions as the path to Sri Waheguru ji, will you accept it?

Bhaji, it all boils down to one thing ................DO YOU HAVE FAITH IN GURU GOBIND SINGH JI.

If, as stated by motercyclewalla Ji, that Guru Sahib Ji has explained the reason for the myriad of beliefs but you still question it, then do you have faith in your Guru ?

If Gurbani tells you plainly that all those sent by AkaalPurkh deviated from the path but you still question it, then do you have faith in Gurus bani?

Do you believe your Guru or some other faith who say they are the true path, who do you have faith in ?

A person due to his faith in his own interlect will question everything, but as one follows Gurus path, and I don't care what anybody says, at the end you have to follow your Guru without question, without query, without duality. You have to follow your Guru blindly, at the end it is total and utter faith in your Guru.

Guest japjeev

okay its starting to make sense, i do have to have faith in waheguru but before that i want to experience him.

and ONLyFIve yes that would be great if you can show me some.

But is their a way i can experience waheguru which can keep my faith forever and know that i am not hallucinating.

okay its starting to make sense, i do have to have faith in waheguru but before that i want to experience him.

But is their a way i can experience waheguru which can keep my faith forever and know that i am not hallucinating.

So you will base your faith on proof of the divine? A sign, a miracle, a trick of some sort? Then you have no faith as you rely on the intangible becoming tangible in order to believe .

If it were that easy to experience God, then the whole world would be believers. I'm not criticising you as the questions you have posed in this thread are the symptoms of a curious mind. There is nothing wrong with curiosity and a desire to understand.

But the only way to obtain answers to these mysteries is to undertake the journey towards Him. Then, if He decides to bless you with a dream or a vision, it will be His choice. But then will you dismiss that dream or vision as hallucinatory because you aren't "awake"? Some might say what we're experiencing now is the illusion, the dream, the hallucination. What will happen then?

Sometimes we need to release our grip on our egos, and just let things happen.

good post by both bundha and kaljugi bhaji. a gurbani pantki that backs up this whole idea of having faith first, and then you will gain knowledge is from sukhmani sahib:

jw kY irdY ibsÍwsu pRB AwieAw ]

jaa kai ridhai bisvaas prabh aaeiaa ||

One whose heart is filled with faith in God

qqu igAwnu iqsu min pRgtwieAw ]

thath giaan this man pragattaaeiaa ||

the essence of spiritual wisdom is revealed to his mind

Guest true naam Satnam

Guru Nanak himself said if you want to be a Muslim, be a good Muslim abd if you want to be a Hindu, be a good Hindu. He didn't dismiss them as being false. Religion is a way of life. If you do it properly you walk similar paths. You don't have to be in a religion to walk a path to God but it's supposed to be easier if you have someone to guide you.

Did someone HONESTLY give this post a NEGATIVE? :wacko2:

He was quoting Satguru Nanak Ji, our Guru Himself said there is no Hindu or Muslim. The unwise will take that as a diss on both religions, the wise will recognise that as the Truth that there IS NO RELIGION. Sikhi is a path, it is guidance. It is NOT A RELIGION, SECT OR CULT. The gyan that is gurbani has been experienced by many bhagats, sants and gurus over time, Satguru Guru Nanak Dev Ji knew that as did all other 9 gurus. The path of bhagti is the path to Truth which is God and to find the Truth we must dig ourself out of the Lie which is maya.

Maya is the illusion we live in, and it is an illusion because there is no image- there is no tree, he is the tree, no woman, he is the woman, no chair, he is the chair. How can one claim to be a part of a religion when the path is the same- the eradication of maya to find the Truth. There is only one path to god, and that is bhagti- Bhagti is in good deeds, seva and naam all with love- but most of all in naam(self effacement and surrender/ true love) which ferries us across and is the highest power.

My point is, we either live in/ discover Truth, or we don't. That is the only religion.