Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls

clarity

I have seen a few of these types of weddings...BUT I have never seen one where any side has converted religion... I.e: Sikh boy marrys hindu girl...but doesnt convert to hinduism, nor does the girl convert to Sikhism... Also seen Sikh girl marrys hindu boy, but the gil doesnt convert, and the ceromy despite being against Rehit Maryada, I have seen take place in a Gurdwara...Others dont get married in a Gurdwara or Mandir and just do a registry marriage.... 99% of these weddings are where the the couple have a love marriage, i.e: they independately met each other and dayed, went out...etc..

There was a sikh girl in my college who had an affair with a hindu Punjabi Guy . The guy already had had a number of past affairs ,yet they started contemplating marriage . The girls parents agreed to the match but the guys parents had objections . I dont know if they eventually got married .

• 4 years later...

Well am a hindu girl gonna marry a sikh jatt boy coming jan as we have no hinderence on it from our parents side i actuall love sikism n punjabis ... they are very brave and trustworthy. am learning their culture and their rituals slowly which is amazing.

aishu

Well am a hindu girl gonna marry a sikh jatt boy coming jan as we have no hinderence on it from our parents side i actuall love sikism n punjabis ... they are very brave and trustworthy. am learning their culture and their rituals slowly which is amazing.

aishu

Can I just point out that Sikhs don't have rituals. Rituals are worthless, Guruji tells us this many times in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

ਜੇ ਜਾਣਸਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰ ਕਰਮੰ ॥

जे जाणसि ब्रहमं करमं ॥

Je jāṇas barahmaʼn karmaʼn.

If you know the Nature of the Lord,

ਸਭਿ ਫੋਕਟ ਨਿਸਚਉ ਕਰਮੰ ॥

सभि फोकट निसचउ करमं ॥

Sabẖ fokat niscẖa▫o karmaʼn.

then you will find that all these beliefs and rites are vain.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਹਚਉ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

कहु नानक निहचउ धिआवै ॥

Kaho Nānak nihcẖa▫o ḏẖi▫āvai.

Says Nanak, in Good faith meditate on the Lord.

ਵਿਣੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਟ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

विणु सतिगुर वाट न पावै ॥२॥

viṇ saṯgur vāt na pāvai. ||2||

Without the True Guru, man finds not the way.

SGGS Ang 470

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Nor do Sikhs believe in superstitions, hope that has helped Aishwarya Ji.

Aishwarya

Posted Today, 10:53 AM

" thank you for the correction and the POINTING OUT part!!! ms simran.... as ritual refers to the 'pat' nothing else ... there is no room for superstitions either way.... :cool2: "

You are welcome, but still we do not refer to Paath , Gurbani as ritual. If you know what a ritual is you will see the difference and there is nothing else to refer, just Gurbani.

Why are sikh boys marrying hindu girls and not sikh girls? There is no shortage of sikhs girls as far as I am aware of. What is wrong with sikh boys, don't they realize that this is the reason why many sikh girls end up with muslims? If you look around you will notice not many hindus or gujeraatti boys married to sikh girls. This goes to show they are reluctant to commit to other than their own.

Why are sikh boys marrying hindu girls and not sikh girls? There is no shortage of sikhs girls as far as I am aware of. What is wrong with sikh boys, don't they realize that this is the reason why many sikh girls end up with muslims? If you look around you will notice not many hindus or gujeraatti boys married to sikh girls. This goes to show they are reluctant to commit to other than their own.

Nowadays arranged marriages aren't so popular, so they tend to choose their partners, either from university or work, etc. Or end up marrying their friends. So my guess is they aren't looking for perfect matches within their faith, but what environment they have been in.

Guest Jacfsing2

aishu

Not every Punjabi is Sikh and not every Sikh is Punjabi.