IS is gurmat????

I came across a katha where the bhai ji mentioned that if u wannu get rid all ur 'dukhs' then put water in a glass and do pathh of Dukhbhanjni sahib and then drink it afterwards.This process will cure all ur diseases.Is this GURMAT or MANMATT??

He also told to do the pathh for 5 days or something to see the real effect.

I am not sure about it whether its true or not.I am fully convinced that bani has a lot of power.But I think gurmat doesn't teach us to use bani like this .

Also, it seems to be the same thing which AKAL TAKHAT banned.......if u remember people use to receite japji sahib during the whole akandPathh sahib which is total manmat and banned by akal takhat.Also, people use to keep water picther during the akandpath to make it pure or something to drink afterwards, which is also manmat and banned by Akal Takhat.

What do u guys think about it????

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh..

well akal takhat banned the process for keeping water during akhand path sahib..then let me tell you..some of the gurughars doesn't follow akal takat..and this process is nothing but..waste of time

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

Veerjio, first of all this is not manmat, all depends on your sharda/vishvaas..

Water turns to amrit, when you recite bani along with it, when you take amrit, the water that is in the bata, turns to amrit, when you recite the panj banian. There's so much power in bani, that it can transform even meat/maas pure(just an example).

I heard this sakhi once, where Alexander the Great after conquering so much, he wasn't satisfied, and at the end of his days, he longed for this special type of water, which could purify his soul, and set him free, ofcouse, he was alittle ahead of his time :TH: As guru sahib's charan weren't on this earth yet.

If you have water while you're doing paath, there's nothing wrong with it, you should take it as medicine, and not do it/see it as a ritual.

Bhul chuk muaf! ^_^

pvxu gurU pwxI ipqw mwqw Driq mhqu ]

pavan guroo paanee pithaa maathaa dhharath mehath ||

Air is the Guru, Water is the Father, and Earth is the Great Mother of all.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Jap

iqRKwvMq jlu pIvq TMFw iqau hir sMig iehu mnu BInw jIau ]2]

thrikhaava(n)th jal peevath t(h)a(n)dtaa thio har sa(n)g eihu man bheenaa jeeo ||2||

and the thirsty person is refreshed by drinking cool water, so is this mind drenched with delight in the Lord. ||2||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Maajh

gur ky crx Doie Doie pIvw ]1]

gur kae charan dhhoe dhhoe peevaa ||1||

I wash the Guru's Feet, and drink in this water. ||1||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

crn swD ky Doie Doie pIau ]

charan saadhh kae dhhoe dhhoe peeo ||

Wash the feet of the Holy, and drink in this water.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

Need Guru sahib say more? ^_^

i still don't get it..i mean when punj pyare prepare amrit..that water turns to amrit cuz of punj baniya..cuz guru ji gave power to them..then how can water turn to amrit..when doing other bani..isn't it ritual ????..also khalsa veerji i asked u one question in ur pm...did u get that message ?

bhul chuk maafi jeooo

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa Jeo, the panktees which you have posted don't really tell the importance of keeping water while doing paath and drinking it afterwards. If possible please find us panktees which answer Balwinder Singh's question.

Also, a beanti to Balwinder Singh, can you please tell us when Sri Akal Takhat Sahib ji banned this? Is it possible that somebody posts a copy of the hukamnaama?

Thanks

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh