IS is gurmat????

Guest noonespecial
c. Placing a pitcher, ceremonial clarified-butter-fed lamp, coconut, etc. around, during the course of the uninterrupted or any other reading of Guru Granth Sahib, or reading of other Scriptural texts side by side with or in the course of such reading is contrary to the gurmat (Guru's way).

I'm not that knowledgable in these things, but is SGPC Rehit Maryada and Taksal Rehit Maryada different? Also, did this part of SGPC Rehit that you quoted follow an Akal Takhat Hukamnama? In your original post you stated that the reading of Japuji Sahib during an Akhaand Paaht was banned due to an Akal Takhat Hukamnama. I'm just wondering if you could provide that Hukamnama. Moreover, it is obvious that SGPC has declared that reading JapJi Sahib during an Akhaand Paaht is not good, but I've heard many things on this forum and others about the flaws in SGPC management.

I personally would be more convinced if I had a copy of the Akal Takhat Hukamnama which clearly states that reading JapJi Sahib during Akhaand Paaht is banned. For some reason the SGPC Rehit Maryada doesn't really do it for me. <_<

Plus, Akal Takhat is THE final word when it comes to matters like this. I'd just be more convinced if I heard it from them blush.gif

Also, please don't think I'm calling you a liar or anything. I'm just a person who likes to see a little bit more evidence before I make my mind about things. No hard feelings, eh?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for ur response veer ji.I personally dont wanna get into a debate.I just wrote what I heard from gyani ji and read the same thing in the SGPC rehit, which I think "FULLY" follow Akal Takhat Hukamnama sahibs.I dont know where to get the hukamnamas of sri Akal Takhat Sahib. But can u cite few examples where SGPC "DID NOT" follow Akal Takhat rehit.That will be really helpful to me.

I'm not that knowledgable in these things, but is SGPC Rehit Maryada and Taksal Rehit Maryada different?
You r right that Taksal rehit is different from SGPC and Akal Takhat Sahib.But I never mentioned anything about taksal rehit. remember taksal and Akal takhat sahib are DIFFERENT.
Also, did this part of SGPC Rehit that you quoted follow an Akal Takhat Hukamnama?

I think SGPC 'rehit' fully follow Akal Takhat Sahib.This is just my thinking.

In your original post you stated that the reading of Japuji Sahib during an Akhaand Paaht was banned due to an Akal Takhat Hukamnama. I'm

just wondering if you could provide that Hukamnama. Moreover, it is obvious that SGPC has declared that reading JapJi Sahib during an Akhaand Paaht is not good, but I've heard many things on this forum and others about the flaws in SGPC management.

Japuji sahib is also a spirtual text therefore it is prohibited by SGPC rehit. I cant provide u the hukamnama sahib as I dont have access to that.I know about the flaws but they are there for the panthic unity on many issues like keski, ragmala and meat.It was difficult for them to get panthic unity on these issues thats why they allowed all these things.Just my thinking.
I personally would be more convinced if I had a copy of the Akal Takhat Hukamnama which clearly states that reading JapJi Sahib during Akhaand Paaht is banned. For some reason the SGPC Rehit Maryada doesn't really do it for me. 

Plus, Akal Takhat is THE final word when it comes to matters like this. I'd just be more convinced if I heard it from them 

As I said Japuji sahib is a spritual text and is prohibited by SGPC.Getting hold of hukamnama sahib is not possible for me.But I think SGPC fully follow Akal Takhat hukanamas(I think, please gimme examples if I am wrong)

Please answer my original question.I dont wanna get into this debate.