Kirpan/Kara

Daas would say that the average size kirpan people wearis around 5inchs, and I also heard that anything smaller than 3inch is not classed as a kirpan. (Sangat jee please correct me if I'm wrong) Just make sure that your kirpan is sharp, good quality and sarbloh (iron) after all it is guru jees gift to us! But please don't get egoistical that my kirpan is better than yours.

Kara should just be sarbloh and make sure there is no Bani written on the kara as that is beadbi.

Gold and Platinum?!?! Waheguru!!! :doh: what about the amritdhari Sikhs in your area do they wear them too?

I've heard the chakkar of Baba Deep Singh Ji had bani on it and some Sikh armor also had bani in it. I guess chakkar could be different in that it's on the dastaar, but it would be thrown in war though, right?

I've heard the chakkar of Baba Deep Singh Ji had bani on it and some Sikh armor also had bani in it. I guess chakkar could be different in that it's on the dastaar, but it would be thrown in war though, right?

Bani on a chakaar is fine, because it is placed in your dumalla. But look at a kara how many times the kara ends up touching the floor.As you can never guarantee that won't happen. Having that happen with Bani onthe kara wouldn't be the best of ideas!

And if you have darshaan of Baba Deep Singh Jees Shaster at Akal Thakat then the Charkars which have bani on them are of a small size. And the larger Chakars have no bani on them, which would be used in battle. After all it is Baba Deep Singh Jee.

Wearing a Kara with Bani on it is not for a normal person! Well daas would never wear one, would love to have it as a gift, but not for practical use.

Bani on a chakaar is fine, because it is placed on yourdumalla. But look at a kara how many times the kara ends up touching the floor.As you can never guarantee that won't happen. Having that happen with Bani onthe kara wouldn't be the best of ideas!

And if you have darshaan of Baba Deep Singh Jees Shaster atAkal Thakat then the Charkars which have bani on them are of a small size. And thelarger Chakars have no bani on them, which would be used in battle. After allit is Baba Deep Singh Jee.

Wearing a Kara with Bani on it is not for a normalperson! Well daas would never wear one, would love to have it as a gift, butnot for practical use.

Singh559 - I think Gurooo is dropping you a hint here!

Daas would say that the average size kirpan people wearis around 5inchs, and I also heard that anything smaller than 3inch is not classed as a kirpan. (Sangat jee please correct me if I'm wrong) Just make sure that your kirpan is sharp, good quality and sarbloh (iron) after all it is guru jees gift to us! But please don't get egoistical that my kirpan is better than yours.

Kara should just be sarbloh and make sure there is no Bani written on the kara as that is beadbi.

Gold and Platinum?!?! Waheguru!!! :doh: what about the amritdhari Sikhs in your area do they wear them too?

Does anybody know if there is an officially accepted minimum length?

Why do people such as Sant Ji and others wear two karas on each hand is there a special meaning to this? I will have to find out what amritdharis do here i never paid attention to what they wear.