Recent Good News - Kirpan,Sgpc,Akal Takht,Shaheed Memorial

osingh

There was a big smagam at damdami taksal(mehta chowk) headquarters yesterday shown on sikh channel. It was good to see

a smagam in punjab to honour shaheeds of 1984 . There were huge posters of Sant Jarnail Singh, Bhai Amrik Singh etc

There was good turnout, also good to see so many sabat soorat singhs from all age groups. Nihang Singhs and mahapursh from

various samprada also attended smagam. At the end of the day if we want khalistan there has to be demand in Punjab. There needs

be many such smagam's held in punjab in order to create awareness among sangat in Punjab.

Also Jathedar's of Akal Takht and SGPC, attended, they both made good speeches even jathedar Makkar! Jathedar Makker said we shouldn't

forget the massacre of 1984. He said the congress were just as bad if not worse than mughals rulers. I agree, the mughals invaded india,

they were outsiders who commited many atrocities. However the Congress party promised to help Sikhs after in partition in 1947, they have knowledge

of our history and great sacrifices of Guru Sahiban for Hindustan and Hindu Dharam. They knew how many Sikh men,women and children sacrificed their

lives fighting for independence. Knowing all this, they still had audacity to attack Harmandar Sahib and kill 100 000s of sikh men, women and children!

Jathedar's announced that within 2 months plans will be drawn up for Shaheed Memorial commemorating shaheed singhs(jaikara were also made by sangat). Harnam Singh, Jathedar Damdami Taksal, organized smagam. He said every year at mehta chowk there will be smagam for 1984. This is also good news.

Also ban has been lifted at amritsar airport. Employees can now wear kirpan at the airport. SGPC were planning a protest today, but ban was lifted.

SGPC is also working with Khalistan Liberation Force with signature campaign to help free bhai Devinderpal Singh Bhullar from death row.

Recent posts have been attacking our panthic oraganisations(myself included). However is is important that if our panthic organizations take positive

steps, we also praise them. We should highlight both positive and negative actions our panthic bodies. Hopefully our panthic organisations can in future

take decisive action when panth requires it.

Also it is important to highlight seva from Dal Khalsa(Satnam Singh Paonta Sahib held 72 hour fast for shaheedi memorial)

and Baba Baljit Singh Daduwal. If it wasn't for the pressure of Baba Baljit Singh and Dal Khalsa, it is very unlikely that

SGPC, Akal Takht would have taken action on shaheed memorial.

There are many things SGPC and Akal Takht should be doing right now i.e getting justice for shaheeds Shaminder Singh Shera and Sohan Singh Sursingh, and

countless other shaheed singh singhnia, providing financial aid to families etc

Akal Takht and SGPC can do great seva for the panth. However they will only be truly effective once they are free from chains

of political parties ie Akal Dal and Congress. Once they become independent institutions with strong leaders then we can truly

hope to see chardi kala of panth and future homeland for Sikh panth.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

It's nice, but this happens time and time again. 2012 elections are here, and they'll do/say anything in order to get the votes, then after it's all done it's back to the same old tripe.

Sikhs need to make it their goal to make a song and dance in the Panjab for Independence, only then can it be achieved.

zoltan singh ji, I haven't fallen for the show. Thats why at the end of my post I make it clear that SGPC and Akal Takht should be independent from

political parties. Good point about the elections, Im sure they were supposed to take place long time ago but keep getting suspended. I agree that

its most likely that jathedar's and SGPC are making speeches for political gain, however, at least their taking some action.

For me the setup of SGPC is wrong. I make benti to all sangat to do some research on other religous parties ie Vatican. Lets take good points from other

such institutions and draw up some sort of plan of how the SGPC should be run, how jathedar be elected, best way to do parchar etc. Most of all, how

to redisign the election process so that you don't have to be bart of any political party(Congress, Akali) in order to become member of SGPC.

We don't seem to talk about SGPC. Yet we want justice for shaheed singhs, separate homeland, parchar etc. Current situation is pathetic, go to this link

http://www.sgpc.net/PHOTOS%20PRESIDENTS/index.htm

look at no.28, basically from 1973 to now, nearly all presidents of SGPC have been Badal's men. Gurcharan Singh however did turn against Badal, just like Jathedar

Ranjit Singh. What happened, they were noth removed from power due to influence of Badal. How can chief minister have power of religous instition like SGPC.

Does Italian prime minister pick and choose leaders of Vatican? Avtar Singh Makkar has been re-elected 6 times in a row?! Why is he really that good of a

Jathedar?

I urge sangat to do some research into SGPC and lets see what we can do. If we want there to be good parchar of sikhi in punjab, then we need to sort out the SGPC.

I think current political situation needs to be discussed on Sikh Youth show. Many of youth in UK may not have much knowlede on Akali Dal, Congress, SGPC etc. SGPC

and Akal Takht are to important to ignore, we need to have discussion within sangat especially youth on how we can improve these institution's. So benti to Youth Show, if you

are reading, in future lets discuss this topic.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!