Wedding Reception

Guest GuptPerson

Guest GuptPerson

Well the thing is ive got a wedding to go to soon and there is going to be a reception i.e. with bangra music & dancing. However, i havent been to many receptions and ive never been one to do much dancing in the first place..but at this wedding i would like to dance because all my close family members will be there.....So i was wondering if sangat could give me some tips on how to become a bit confident when it comes to bhangra dance etc! it might be a confidence thing but the thing is i never done alot of bhangra dancing before!!! HELP!!!lol...so are there any like standard moves i should know or do!!!

Guest Dancercise

If you look on sikhnet . Com there r some tutorials. It is a good example of exercise that can be fun too!! Ok most on this forum not too thinking dancing is good but sometimes it is good exercise etc . Not to offend just too help.

Just stand there, look up and screw in an imagined light bulb with your right hand, somewhere a foot above you head, a little to the right.

Then slightly turn your head to the left and raise you left hand (whilst lowering you right) and screw in another imagined light bulb (by twisting your hand at the wrist) above the left side of your head.

Keep repeating this and throw in some knee bends.

Hope that helps....

Hahahahahahaaa!!!

Seriously, this is the wrong forum for your question!

Hahahahahaha someones clearly an expert! Maybe this person did come to the right sight :tongue2: :lol2:

Yes wave hands in air in a disorderly fashion whilst jumping up and down. Most people would call one doing this a 'crazy person'. Others would recognise it as the amazing phenomenon known as 'Bhangra'.

Well the thing is ive got a wedding to go to soon and there is going to be a reception i.e. with bangra music & dancing. However, i havent been to many receptions and ive never been one to do much dancing in the first place..but at this wedding i would like to dance because all my close family members will be there.....So i was wondering if sangat could give me some tips on how to become a bit confident when it comes to bhangra dance etc! it might be a confidence thing but the thing is i never done alot of bhangra dancing before!!! HELP!!!lol...so are there any like standard moves i should know or do!!!

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fathe

'GuptPerson', you are obviously unaware, but as a Sikh there is no need for us to go to a wedding reception/party, it has dirty, rude songs with every lyric being about how brilliant maayaa is, it has meat and alcohol there, there's no way you can focus yourself on God in such an environment unless you're some kind of saint being completely detached from the world, so the best thing you to do is stay away from such places. Instead of wasting your energy on dancing, use it on doing some sevaa or learning martial/warrior arts or something that will be useful to the Khaalsaa Panth and your Sikhi.

Please, just think about it.

'GuptPerson', you are obviously unaware, but as a Sikh there is no need for us to go to a wedding reception/party, it has dirty, rude songs with every lyric being about how brilliant maayaa is, it has meat and alcohol there, there's no way you can focus yourself on God in such an environment unless you're some kind of saint being completely detached from the world, so the best thing you to do is stay away from such places. Instead of wasting your energy on dancing, use it on doing some sevaa or learning martial/warrior arts or something that will be useful to the Khaalsaa Panth and your Sikhi.

Please, just think about it.

Vaheguru Ji Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Futeh. If you need to go then just go. You do not have to dance, drink and eat meat. I usually end up as the driver for these things and end up at the back of the hall looking up at the ceiling. Last time I went to the local Gurdwara and stayed there until the party finished. I know family members are going to drink so I just go as i would rather not risk them drink driving. Sometimes all it needs is an image of a Gur Sikh to change peoples lives.

My two ruppees worth! Sangat ji may have different views.

Vaheguru Ji Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Futeh

Yes wave hands in air in a disorderly fashion whilst jumping up and down. Most people would call one doing this a 'crazy person'. Others would recognise it as the amazing phenomenon known as 'Bhangra'.

Actually most people would look at the art and appreciate the amount of effort that goes in to perform. But then you have people like you who simply shun everything that does not fit in their narrow domain of thinking.