Benefit Fraud

Guest Advice

Guest Advice

Fateh ji. I just need some advice from the sangat here. If you knew someone who was committing benefit fraud would you report them or let them carry on?

It disheartens me to see an amritdhari couple who i looked up to, to be cheating the system, they don't try and hide the fact from me either.

They have asked me to help fill there forms in

which I have refused to do. They claim to be unemployed whilst the husband is working and therefore get various benefits.

I have made my feelings clear to them several times that im against benefit cheating and people think it's a faceless crime so it's ok.

Do I just ignore it and leave them to it? Or do something about it....I am reluctant to report them as it could cause a lot of problems for them.

Absolutely report them. This is stealing from everyone elses taxes and it is an injustice for a Sikh to stand by and let thieves continue to steal. If you saw somebody robbing another person, bad Karams would fall on your head if you stood by and did nothing.

Do the right and moral thing.

I think in times of confusion, you should just let Maharaaj's play go on, if it is hukam for them to be stopped then Maharaaj will get them caught or make them stop one way or another, it may be through you or someone else or even nobody, they might realise themselves that what they are doing is wrong. It's always best to get involved if you know for a fact or have reason to believe that somebody is physically being hurt, i think its more important when its a physically abusive situation or even mentally abusive.

If i am in your shoes then i will carry on with my life and will not report it as i see myself full of avguns. They say Guru sahib is always watching our every move, so don't worry it is being reported to waheguru ji.

Dhokha maya is huge paap and highly toxic and they will regret that in this or in future life as stated by our guru sahib jees many time.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

In reality world is full of fraudi's one kind or other.

Best thing is to stay away from them they are Bad Sangat.

Just introspect, see the negative effect they had on your body and mind.

Maintaining relations with them just means mental stress, anxiety and no peace of mind.

Waheguru ji ka khalsaa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

They sound worthless. US is getting full of these worthless people as well... but so many feel bad turning them in. It is theft... nothing less.. and if you do not report it you support it.

They steal from you and everyone else every day, as well as take money from people who truly deserve the benefits.... so turn them in.

I been reading this thread since yesterday, I can't believe the response's apart from Wales85.

It is wrong ethically and legally, how can you do that, it's stealing. Would you guys who responded feel the same if they robbed from you personally? Just because they stole from us collectivelly and not individually you think it's ok? Benefit fraud is taking money away from the whole country, money which could be used to improve your community and life.

Benefit fraud is STEALING, means taking something that you are not entilted too. Same category in my view as shopliffting and burgualry. Obviously it's not mugging or armed robbery as your not intimadating people but it is in the same bracket just lower down.

Why do people have different perceptions of crimes, like benefit fraud and fraud generally (piracy, tax evasion etc). amongst apne is acceptable.but other crimes are viewed as wrong.

CRIME is CRIME if you want to turn a blind eye well turn a blind eye to all crime. You have doubts helping the law enforcement with crimes like this which you may protray as petty, but am I right in thinking you would go running to report a crime if you had been robbed or witnessed a mugging?

Also the comment about it being widespread well if everyone reported it it would stop.

I'm not against benefits in fact those entitled should recieve the maximum but if you are able to work and are just lazy or think you can pull a scam well it is wrong and you deserve to be reported. The govt. is too leinent in UK.

Guest hardworker

report it! Its not fair on the ones of us that work hard to support our families while people are basically stealing from us. A Gursikh should never let this go on!