Aakash, The World’S Cheapest Tablet Pc, Is Here

Azaad

People like me on the other hand, and thousands of conscious Sikhs like me, earning a low to middle wage, are dreaming and aching to do something for our quom back home in the motherland. If only.....we dream...if only we had the chance to do something for our holy land and our brothers and sisters who are suffering India's worst unemployment rate

I am not talking about you personally but there are many Sikh teachers, Doctors, and other Sikhs living Outside India whose skills are much more needed in Punjab than Europe or North America.Imagine If American universities educated teachers will start teaching in colleges of Punjab then how much skills of Punjabi students will increase

He has shown himself to be a man of no substance other than the money in his wallet. As a people though.......As Punjabis.....it is our nature to respect such men not because of their actions but because of their material wealth. Thats not the way I work though. Thats not the way I think. I respect men because of their actions.....and thus it follows, men lose my respect because of their inaction.

Business's main motive is to earn money .

There are quite literally hundreds of thousands of UK, Canada and America based Gujaratis that each year invest heavily in the infrastructure in India. Do you think any of them do it in Punjab ? or Tamil Nadu ? or Kerala ? No. Every last one of them does so in their motherland of Gujarat. The result of this is that those areas within Gujarat state are now so prosperous they make Punjab look like a poor slum. I suggest then, you write to each of these Gujarati businessmen and tell them of your business theory. Tell them how wrong and stupid they are for not letting their motherland state rot. After that, sit down and write to the executives of Nissan and British legislators and tell them how wrong they are for what they did in the 1980's...i.e invest in the dead, poor, north east of England for sociological reasons when business acumen was saying no.

Give me a break west london singh but may be you are forgetting the growth of China and trillions of dollars investment made by US and european companies in China and Asia to produce cheap goods.by your logic all these CEO's should had invested in White christian countries .Today if USA or Europe don't have enough jobs because of most companies shifted their businesses to Asia.India became IT giant because of Foreign investment .So in other words these companies took jobs from their co religionists and race to some foreign land and no one company is responisble for it so All CEO's are traitors of their race and religion

On Gujarat if I assume your theory is true then why Punjabi NRI's didn't make investment to make Punjab prosperous/ People like Sant Singh Chatwal and many other sikhs are millionare their they can invest in Punjab so your theory will make serious question mark on Rich NRI sikhs not doing any investment in Punjab.

There is an old saying, my friend : 'build it and they will come'. All it takes is one brave man with foresight. Mr Suneet Singh Tulli is not such a man. If he had taken that brave decision with foresight, to build in Punjab....many many more would have followed.

Alas, the situation now is this : Through his decision, thousands of Indians are gonna have good jobs earning decent money whilst Punjab and its sikhs continues year by year to slip further down the poverty ranks of India with 90% of its highly skilled graduates without job or a hope of ever finding a job......while we all sit here and state how in awe and full of respect we all are of a man...because he's got lotsa dosh. This is indeed a strange upside down world we live in......in which we excell in being extremely short-sighted.

Highly skilled graduates? do you have even any idea of education system in India? there is only 1 prestigious engineering college in Punjab , Thapar university most of other college's are of very low quality.I am telling this because 5-6 years back I was madly searching a College for my younger brother for his masters in computer application.Today he is working in reputable software company .His company has only 1 criteria that you should be from reputable college 95% colleges of Punjab ,Haryana,Delhi ,Uttar pradesh are not even in the list.

Most probably companies like Datawind will employ worker at low wages and make them work for 12 hours

Get with the programme kds1980. His factory won't be full of nuclear physicists building an atomic reactor for NASA. Its a clean environment factory production line, requiring people with the "very high skills" of having decent eyesight and reasonable hand to eye co-ordination. If you feel very sure that such people inhabit central and southern India more than Punjab than good for you old chap. You carry on.

Anyway.......it seems my initial reaction to Suneet Singh Tulli has been proved correct. Just a few moments ago I saw him on the 24 hour Indian News channell, NDTV24. He was describing how the making of his product in India would add to his own "national pride" in being Indian and the national pride of all patriotic Indians. Like I said before....its a strange upside down world we live in. Our own "sikhs" are even more our enemies than our actual enemies....and then there's us ; falling at the feet of and hero worshipping the man with loadsa money in his pocket. We make threads about them....because they are rich. We put them on a pedestal....because they are rich. Because they are rich they expect to be respected and do not expect any of us to point out their shortcomings and hypocricy. Thank god then, I say, for people like me.

West London singh

You cleverly skipped my question that Why American and European companies made trillion of dollars investment in China and Asia in past 30 years despite the fact the these countries are non white and non Christian.Were all CEO's and investotrs in those companies traitors?

Get with the programme kds1980. His factory won't be full of nuclear physicists building an atomic reactor for NASA. Its a clean environment factory production line, requiring people with the "very high skills" of having decent eyesight and reasonable hand to eye co-ordination. If you feel very sure that such people inhabit central and southern India more than Punjab than good for you old chap. You carry on.

Recently there was economic report published that the growth rate of South and west India is 12% while the growth rate of entire India is 7.5% ,so you can ask this question to Ceo's of various companies why they are so heavily investing in South and West India rather than in Punjab or North India.At present South is clear winner with cheap land,cheap work force, cheap living cost very good englishetc

I'm with West London Singh on this. It is surprising that Mr Tulli who is obviously a religious Sikh would choose to set up a production plant in South India instead of Punjab. By building a plant in Punjab, it would have put Punjab on the map for investors looking to investing in India. So many NRI Gujaratis prefer to invest in Gujarat and have made Gujarat the envy of the rest of India. It is sad that Sikhs like Mr Tulli who have the power to do such things for Punjab are doing nothing. Take the Jewish example. A Jew will most probably always prefer giving his people a favour over a non Jew. Sikhs need to adopt such a mindset because we are a nationless nation. If we don't do things in favour of the Sikh Qaum then who else will?

Instead of feeling proud of this grand achievement of one of our puran Gursikh brother, we are trying to find needless faults in what he has done. He has shown to the whole world that Sikhs can lead the world in any field. Let us learn from his example and excel in what ever we do.Keep up the good work, Sardar Suneet Singh.

Mr singh has done Seva for the whole of india by creating this tool.

It's more than easy to sit here and criticise him for not producing the thing in Punjab, but how do we know the kind of pressures from government he has had to face.

It's up to badal and co to attract business to Punjab it's just as much as there fault in not attracting him there.

Maybe he will invest the dasvand in Punjab, you just don't know you can't criticise until he acts.

And in my experience it's alwalys the one who shout the loudest that this should be done and that should be done, but when they get a chance they just the same.

Also we are not like Muslims and Jews we think of others before ourselves, ie not showing any preferential treatment to our own. He has done the sardar image proud and wish more Sikhs like him get opportunities to excel and take our sikh panth forward, remember the Khalsa raj won't just stop at the borders of Punjab the whole world will be ours.

^ seeing as you two Indian patriots above have difficulty with the English language, let me go over once again what Mr Sunnet Singh Tulli said in his television interview with NDTV24 ; He expressed his "Indian nationalist pride" . He expressed his wish for the 'glory of India'. Pray tell, oh wise ones, what exactly has this man done for Sikhs and Punjab ?

The answer, of course, is nothing at all. But surely there can be no greater crime than having the opportunity to do something at your fingertips but still turning away and doing something for the 'glory of India' instead.....simply because there's more money in it. I don't just find that upsetting, I find it nauseating. But more vomit inducing still, is how brown nosers are falling over themselves while fighting to be first in the queue to salute the rich man. Bollywood really does have us down to a tee. They know our character well, it seems. We, as a people, really are short-sighted idiots of the highest order.

It is so funny how Sikhs will go out of their way to prove their love of the greater glory of Hindustan rather than Punjab, but why stop at India? If we Sikhs really followed our Gurus, surely we would work for the benefit of the whole world not just India?! Indian patriotism from Sikhs justified by the idea of helping the 'more unfortunate' is one of the most hypocritical practices that Sikhs have.

I hope this tablet company goes bust. See how much he loves India then. Sikhs have it hard all over the world and Cloud 9 Cucoos like this 'entrepreneur' dont help.