Does The Yugs Repeat In Cyclic Manner

mirror

I have heard form some where that Yugs keep repreating itself and there is a cycle of four Yugs.

I want to know that if thats true then does it mean that kalyug has happened before as well.

1) Then what Happened in that Kalyug. I mean did Guru Nanak Dev ji also came in That Kalyug

2) Does it mean that in Future there will no Avatar of Parmatma coming to earth and give some mantra , as Nothing can come more powerful than "Waheguru" mantra. so it means all the be it Satyug or Treta Yug or Dwapar Yug , Guru Granth Sahib ji will stay here for ever . But then how we will define which yug is which?

I have heard form some where that Yugs keep repreating itself and there is a cycle of four Yugs.

I want to know that if thats true then does it mean that kalyug has happened before as well.

1) Then what Happened in that Kalyug. I mean did Guru Nanak Dev ji also came in That Kalyug

2) Does it mean that in Future there will no Avatar of Parmatma coming to earth and give some mantra , as Nothing can come more powerful than "Waheguru" mantra. so it means all the be it Satyug or Treta Yug or Dwapar Yug , Guru Granth Sahib ji will stay here for ever . But then how we will define which yug is which?

The cycle of the ages repeat just as the four seasons occur each year. Avtars will continue to come when the state of Dharma is at risk

what does this mean???

so next will be satyug again and then when it will be kalyug will Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Come again?

I do not understand how is this going to be possible?

I have once heard in Gaini Thakur Singh ji katha that

Once when Ram Chandra ji gave his Anguthi or Ring to Hanuman Ji so that he can bring some food from an old lady living some where. When hanuman ji went there and He asked old lady to given food in exchnage of Ring of Ram Chnadra ji. Hanuman Ji thought lady will be very happy that she got ring of Ram ji and will accept with great respect. But the old lady told hanuman that throw in the box and get food and go. hanuman was very angry that how can she treat him like that. Then old lady told him to go near the box.

Then Hanuman ji saw that there were many more rings there exactly like that. Then Hanuman ji got confused and asked the lady. Then lady told that do u think that you have come here first time??. You have come here many times before that.

Then Giani ji told that Yugs repeat. Gaini ji also told that that lady was MAYA

I am not exactly sure how this works

I have once heard in Gaini Thakur Singh ji katha that Once when Ram Chandra ji gave his Anguthi or Ring to Hanuman Ji so that he can bring some food from an old lady living some where. When hanuman ji went there and He asked old lady to given food in exchnage of Ring of Ram Chnadra ji. Hanuman Ji thought lady will be very happy that she got ring of Ram ji and will accept with great respect. But the old lady told hanuman that throw in the box and get food and go. hanuman was very angry that how can she treat him like that. Then old lady told him to go near the box. Then Hanuman ji saw that there were many more rings there exactly like that. Then Hanuman ji got confused and asked the lady. Then lady told that do u think that you have come here first time??. You have come here many times before that. Then Giani ji told that Yugs repeat. Gaini ji also told that that lady was MAYA I am not exactly sure how this works

Not to offend anyone, That was not lady or Maya, He was the Rishi whose age was very very long(his name is also in the suraj prakash granth). Hanuman ji didnot go to that rishi but Shri ram along with Laxman went to his Kutiya(tent) in the jungle to offer respect. Since Both of them were on Banwaas(14 years), they didnot had anything to offer to rishi as Parshad or Respect. Then Shri Ram had ring in his finger which He offered it to Rishi. When Rishi(not being surprised) took the finger and told his Sevak to keep it in the cupboard where other rings are kept. Laxman felt bit offended and requested Rishi HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE. WE HAD COME FIRST TIME HERE AND GAVE TO RING AND YOU ARE TELLING THERE ARE MANY OTHER RINGS. DID SOMEONE ELSE ALSO OFFERED YOU RINGS??. Then RIshi took them to the Cupboard and opened it and Saw that All the rings were of same color, contor and gem. not even 1% difference in the rings.

Then Rishi told them SInce through Praynam he has extended his age very very long; and i have witnessed many Yugas and everytime when Treta Yug comes, You come here and give me one these same ring. This has been repeating endlessly.

to link this sakhi, There was a Rishi Santokh sar also who had been on meditation since satyuga in the Path near Shri Amritsar sahib(name in Kalyug age) and he came out of his meditation and saw total change in the yug and requested ,"Which Yug is this?,"Who is the Satguru now of this yug" and ":Where can i meet him".

This sakhi is also in the suraj Parkash Granth. On his name Gurdwara Santokh sar was established becuase of his SANTOKH and DHEERAJ, he waited so many yugas in meditation to have darshan of Puran Akal Purakh jot in Satguru.

It is totally true that Yugas repeat itself,

1. There comes a time after many Kalpas(Consist of many yugas) when Maha Parlaya(under the hukam of Akal Purakh) comes and dissolves everthing in it(even Maya gets dissolved in it. and Only ONE remains.i.e. AKAL PURAKH(as mentioned in Mool Mantar). This is the time when Even Sinner and Good people gets disssolved in Akal Purakh. But this Happens after many kalpas(beyond the imaginations of Devtas, Devis and offcause Human Being).

2. But there are always small Parlaya(sometime, Water Parlya, or Fire Parlaya, or air parlya) usually happens when Yuga Changes, DOesnot happen Suddenly but When you see the Earth, You feel it that World or Earth is Changing. Right Now in the WOrld, Everybody feels it something is happening which is Unusual.

3.Then once again 36 yug Gubbaar Varte, where in Akal Purakh does Creation once again and creates Eka Mai(Maya) and who in turn create Three Maha Devtas(Shiv, Brahma and Vishnu) and give them theeir Duties to create , Sustain and Dissolve the creation.

4. Everything starts again.

Hope to see you once again here discussing the same topic at the same time in next Kalyug. :))))

@Mohinder Pal

I think u r right , that may be Rishi not MAYA , i may have mixed some with some other sakhi. I rememeber it was in suraj prakash Katha by Giani ji.

Hope to see you once again here discussing the same topic at the same time in next Kalyug. :))))

I don't agree with you on this. We may have become ONE with GOD by that time :) . There will be no need to come back unless you choose it yourself and help people on this forum :) There is one difference now that SGGSJ Maharaj are now in Parghat roop with us

• ਛਤੀਹ ਜੁਗ ਗੁਬਾਰੁ ਸਾ ਆਪੇ ਗਣਤ ਕੀਨੀ ॥: Shateeh jug gubaar saa aape ganat keenee: For thirty-six ages, there was utter darkness. Then, the Lord revealed Himself (sggs 949).
  • ਜੁਗ ਛਤੀਹ ਕੀਓ ਗੁਬਾਰਾ ॥ਤੂ ਆਪੇ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰਾ ॥ ਹੋਰ ਕਿਆ ਕੋ ਕਹੈ ਕਿ ਆਖਿ ਵਖਾਣੈ ਤੂ ਆਪੇ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਪਾਇਦਾ ॥: Jug shateeh keeou gubaaraa. Too aape jaanahi sirajanahaaraa. Hor kiaa ko kahai ki aakh vakhaanai too aape keemat paaidaa: For thirty-six ages, utter darkness prevailed. Only You Yourself know this, O Creator Lord. What can anyone else say? What can anyone explain? Only You Yourself can estimate Your worth (sggs 1061).
  • ਤੂ ਕਰਤਾ ਆਪਿ ਅਗਣਤੁ ਹੈ ਸਭੁ ਜਗੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਗਣਤੈ ॥: Too karataa aap aganat hai sabh jag vich ganatai: You Yourself, O Creator, is incalculable, while the entire world is within the realm of calculation (sggs 314).
  • ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਜੋਤਕੀ ਵਾਦ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਮਤਿ ਬੁਧਿ ਭਵੀ ਨ ਬੁਝਈ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਲੋਭ ਵਿਕਾਰੁ ॥: Parr parr pandit jotakee vaad karahi beechar...: After all their reading, the Pandits, the religious scholars, and the astrologers argue and debate. Their intellect and understanding are perverted; they just don't understand (sggs 27).
  • ਬਿਦਿਆ ਕੋਟਿ ਸਭੈ ਗੁਨ ਕਹੈ ॥ ਤਊ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਕਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਲਹੈ ॥: Bidiaa koti sabhai gun kahai. Taou paarabraham kaa antu na lahai: Millions of sciences all sing His Praises. Even so, the limits of the Supreme Lord cannot be found (sggs 1163).
  • ਓਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੇ ਹੋਵੈ ਇਹ ਬੀਚਾਰੀ ਹਰਿ ਜਨੀ ॥: Oupat paralou prabh te hovai ih beechaaree har janee: This what the Lord's humble servants Reflect or contemplate (Vichaar): the Creation and destruction come only from God (sggs 1186).

According to the Gurbani, all calculations of the calculating mind are rooted in Maya (duality and relativist consciousness) and the primitive false ego-sense (Haume). In other words, such calculations serve only fanning one's Haume (ego) and his love for Maya. Other than that they really do not serve any meaningful purpose.

• ਹਉ ਹਉ ਕਰਤ ਬਧੇ ਬਿਕਾਰ ॥: Haou haou karat badhe bikaar: Acting in egotism, one's Bikaaars (mind's negative tendencies) only increase (sggs 1192).
  • ਗਣਤੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਰਮੀਤਾ ॥: Ganatai prabhoo na paayeeai doojai bharmeetaa: God cannot be obtained by counting; (by doing so the man only) wanders in duality or Maya (sggs 510).
  • ਹਉਮੈ ਸਭਾ ਗਣਤ ਹੈ ਗਣਤੈ ਨਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥: Haumai sabhaa ganat hai ganatai naou sukh naahi: All accounting is in egotism, in these, there is no Peace (sggs 36).

SOURCE-GURBANI.ORG