Can A Gurudwara Run Independently Without Any Involvement From The Political Sikh Bodies?

Deletedkp

Not Akal takht, but the rest yes. Problem is, it's these very people in these political bodies that are in the fore running positions and they bring their "own" to carry on there ideologies in gurughars this generation is doomed to suffers this way I hope the next gen break from this and progress the panth forward

Read about Akal Takht on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akal_Takht

Akal Takht provides no funding for any Gurdwaras however it is every Sikhs duty to listen to and adhere to the rulings from Akal Takhat Sahib and the Panthic Rehat Maryada. Same goes for Gurdwaras and via the Maryada, it should influence pretty much every aspect of the Gurdwara.

I do understand about the authorial role of Akal Thakat but why should we need such body to have a say on what we do in the west. There is cultural differences and laws within the west are very different too.

For.e.g. If the local Sikh community in my town decided to open a Gurdwara and all funding has come from the local community, what right does Akal Thakat have.

Ok, so I agree if it’s a Gurdwara and you would have to follow Akal Thakat, if the local community didn’t want follow the Akal Thakat, can you just rename a Gurudwara to a community centre or just call it Akaal-Mandhir?

I do understand about the authorial role of Akal Thakat but why should we need such body to have a say on what we do in the west. There is cultural differences and laws within the west are very different too.

For.e.g. If the local Sikh community in my town decided to open a Gurdwara and all funding has come from the local community, what right does Akal Thakat have.

Ok, so I agree if it’s a Gurdwara and you would have to follow Akal Thakat, if the local community didn’t want follow the Akal Thakat, can you just rename a Gurudwara to a community centre or just call it Akaal-Mandhir?

I agree about cultural differences, and the Akal Takhat Sahib does need to take that into account before making decisions. However, the Akal Takhat Sahib was set up by the Gurus themselves, so if we call ourselves Sikhs, then we need to respect the sanctity and authority of the Takhat, whichever country we are in. We need to have some sort of head that we look to for desicion making after all dont we? Too many people in our community are content on doing their own thing, sticking with their own jatha or maryada. We need to try and minimise this and try and stick to one thing.

Akal takht sahib is our Supreme body as stated by Tera & pedrorizzo. We have to folllow its sandesh, hukamnama, gurmata and so on regardless of our set of opinions. Akal takht sahib doesn't worry nor control anything related to financial matters. Their main and only purpose is to uphold rehat maryada in sikh kaum and it is our supreme court for matters.

SGPC is our panthic body made during British rule in order to control historical Sikh Gurdwara Sahibs. SGPC is the one who controls money in and out of gurdwaras. SGPC appoint their own managers posted at historical gurdwaras around india. They gather funds from these gurughars and take care of langar, bills related to electricity and so on. Sadly they are with akali dal badal party. They are not meant to align with any party nor any political party to control sgpc.

Everybody knows that legally Sri Akal Takht Sahib do not have control of gurughars outside of india. It is the respect that we have towards Sri Akal Takht Sahib founded by Guru Sahib jee who told us to follow all hukamnamas coming out of sri Akal Takht Sahib. Akal takht barely interfere in the workings of gurdwara sahib outside of India. If any gurdwara sahib says that they don't care about sri akal takht is not gurdwara sahib itself and sangat will avoid that gurdwara at all cost.

BTW, Culture and religion should be strictly kept aside. It is in western culture that majority are happy to see elders in those old age/retired communities or assisted living at the time when their parents needed them the most.. But do we sikhs believe in that?? Nope.. totally against of what our guru sahib jee said... take care of your elders.

Akal Takht sahib is the probably one of the most liberal easy going religious structure system in this world. I am not sure why we should be afraid standing under the nishaan sahib of sri akal takht sahib.

Akal takht sahib is our Supreme body as stated by Tera & pedrorizzo. We have to folllow its sandesh, hukamnama, gurmata and so on regardless of our set of opinions. Akal takht sahib doesn't worry nor control anything related to financial matters. Their main and only purpose is to uphold rehat maryada in sikh kaum and it is our supreme court for matters.

SGPC is our panthic body made during British rule in order to control historical Sikh Gurdwara Sahibs. SGPC is the one who controls money in and out of gurdwaras. SGPC appoint their own managers posted at historical gurdwaras around india. They gather funds from these gurughars and take care of langar, bills related to electricity and so on. Sadly they are with akali dal badal party. They are not meant to align with any party nor any political party to control sgpc.

Everybody knows that legally Sri Akal Takht Sahib do not have control of gurughars outside of india. It is the respect that we have towards Sri Akal Takht Sahib founded by Guru Sahib jee who told us to follow all hukamnamas coming out of sri Akal Takht Sahib. Akal takht barely interfere in the workings of gurdwara sahib outside of India. If any gurdwara sahib says that they don't care about sri akal takht is not gurdwara sahib itself and sangat will avoid that gurdwara at all cost.

BTW, Culture and religion should be strictly kept aside. It is in western culture that majority are happy to see elders in those old age/retired communities or assisted living at the time when their parents needed them the most.. But do we sikhs believe in that?? Nope.. totally against of what our guru sahib jee said... take care of your elders.

Akal Takht sahib is the probably one of the most liberal easy going religious structure system in this world. I am not sure why we should be afraid standing under the nishaan sahib of sri akal takht sahib.

Thank you for your answer.

So if you are not labelling the premises as a Gurdwara, Akal Takht or SGPC have no say in how the premises and the committee functions.

Any building in which Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee resides is a Gurdwara/Gurughar, regardless of what we decide to label it is.

And as such, it is every Sikhs duty to ensure that it adheres to the Akal Takht and its sandeshs, hukamnamas, gurmatas etc.These are Panthic decisions and we as a Panth should obey it.

By the way, what is it your are trying to achieve or get at here? What problems is there in a Sikh/Sikh institution adhering to Akal Takht?

It

Any building in which Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee resides is a Gurdwara/Gurughar, regardless of what we decide to label it is.

And as such, it is every Sikhs duty to ensure that it adheres to the Akal Takht and its sandeshs, hukamnamas, gurmatas etc.These are Panthic decisions and we as a Panth should obey it.

By the way, what is it your are trying to achieve or get at here? What problems is there in a Sikh/Sikh institution adhering to Akal Takht?

Just a query, nothing more. Don't need to be paranoid.

So you have mentioned about Guru Granth Sahaib, how about if you have it on Electronic media?