Does Any Of Our Guru Ji Had Previous Janam?

mirror

WJKK WJKF

Saadh Sangat ji please help me with this.

I have heard that Guru Nank Dev ji meditated 36Yug for Waheguru Mantra. So it means that they were there before taking birth as Guru nanak Dev ji.

Does our other 9 Guru jis had any previous janam katha.

In Bachitra Natak as well i have heard that Guru Teg Bahadur were doing Bhagti as Rishi in previous Janam when God sent Guru Gobind Singh ji as Dusht Daman. Someone can through light on this.

So Looks like they had previous Janams before coming to Earth.

or is it that all our Guru Jis were in some form did great bhagti and then they merged with god but they had identity before.

I suppose a soul would have undertaken millenia-worth of bhagti in order to be worthy of being a vessel for the light of God.

We get excited about the kamaiyaa of sants and mahapurashes (which are stunning and worthy of respect for sure) but just imagine the karam and kamaiyaa of a soul who was chosen to become a prophet, or in the case of us Sikhs, a Guru. The mind boggles at the spirituality and love for Waheguru needed to undertake such a "mission".

I would think that in order to possess the knowledge (worldly and spiritual) that our Guru's had, they would have to have originated from at least the dawn of time, even possibly from other realms where life existed before the earth even came into existence.

The reason I said 'dawn of time' was not a random, arbitrary length of time but I suppose a soul would need that long to get to a stage whereby they would've accrued the intense gian needed to guide and help sections of mankind on the kind of scale that, for example, Guru Nanak Dev Ji did.

Remember that the purpose of each janam - for us normal individuals - is to constantly learn whilst alive, and then take that accumulated knowledge forward into the next janam and build on it and learn some more from each lifetime we live.

My only point of contention with this line of thought would be this: Did these souls (who eventually became prophets on Earth) have to go through the trials and tribulations of life as we are currently experiencing, OR were they perfect beings from the outset created by Waheguru for the explicit purpose of propagating the name of God? I guess this is something we will never know - or we have no right to know - as some might begin to question the divinity of prophets if their earlier janams were revealed to us in which they were fallible people like you or I.

Apologies but these are just my thoughts and ideas. I don't have any evidence to say I'm right. Nothing more than ideas and musings from a fool.

when we say previous janam, we get confused as if they had the same janam as us.

guru ji aka god, meditated on himself (god) for these 36 jug to prepare the universe for the naatak (the play - cuz this is all gods play) of the universe. and, during this naatak, god wanted certian things to happen. then comes stories like that attributed to samund rishi (Guru teg bahadur ji) and dusht daman (guru gobind singh ji).

puran sant are guru saroop and god themselves (cuz ther are 21 levels of sants,and the first few stages are becomming a gurmukh etc.. which is next level hard btw!!). puran sant are born puran, with no lekha. they are jot saroop of god.

god came to move things in the world, the way that he saw fit as and when god thought these ppl (angels and demons and deviz etc) have had their time, i.e. the angels getting ahangkaar so god then sent the demons to heaven, then took the demons outa heaven and this whole story.

guru ji are the light of god (jot saroop), on earth. each time God has come to earth, a new dharam has been created. then tainted by humans.. sikhism is the last old religon with historical facts documented. sikhism is the last true old religon, hence most authentic. our gurus were akaal purakh themselves. though yes, there is the same jort in all the guruz, but in the entire line of our gurus, there was no one like guru naanak dev G.

its one thing being god on earth, and another thing bing given the seva of samaaling the jort on earth, hence the tests that the gurus were put through to gain the guruship. having said this, once somone samaals the jort, they become god on earth. some may say y is guru naanak dev ji the one special different one? answer is cuz they were god themselves. not just a vessel. when guru naanak dev ji passed, and the hundus n muslims were arguing bout what to do with the body, the entire sangat saw the sheet that was covering guru naanak dev ji dip down as guru jiz body dissappered. this didnt happen with any of the other gurus as far as my knoweledge stretches. plz corect me here if you find out more about their jyoti jot divas. (obviously different for guru gobind singh G when they rode their horse through the fire and upwards).

so its one thing to actually be the jot of akaal purakh ji (though we all have the light of god inside us) and its another to samaal the jot, and become god from bhai jheta ji to guru angad (through the blessings of guru naanak dev ji - god). the jort comes, lights up a person, then goes back and entrusts the jot to them.yes, its the same light. just as sat guru and sat purakh are. but there is a difference between guru and god. top level is sat purakh, then sat guru, the jun, then sant,, then bhagat. but, even though there are these differnces, guru ji says, that >>sant, bhagat, jun, soi<<. meaning that all the sants and bhagats and junz are god himself. this is hard to understand.. sone say, phd level stuffs. like hearing the naad and seeing that ball of light. to see everywhere aka sarab-byaapak.

iv explained this cuz it is key in understanding what the jort is (to whatever expent we can) to then answer the question about the past lives of our gurus. they were lives. but in deep retrospect, they needed not take a janam. cuz they were akaal purakh saroop...

its quite jokes as each time i post, i feel iv sed too much.. n that ppl wont appreciate it.. depending on whats what, i myt delete this / edit it.. :) :)

when we say previous janam, we get confused as if they had the same janam as us.

guru ji aka god, meditated on himself (god) for these 36 jug to prepare the universe for the naatak (the play - cuz this is all gods play) of the universe. and, during this naatak, god wanted certian things to happen. then comes stories like that attributed to samund rishi (Guru teg bahadur ji) and dusht daman (guru gobind singh ji)........

Whosoever shall call me the Lord, shall fall into

hell. Consider me as God's servant and I am

one with God.32.

While Guru ji was truly a messenger of God on Earth, he

warned us not to worship him as the Lord Himself.

Through the following, verses, Guru Sahib ordained that

those who called him the Supreme Lord, Waheguru,

would be condemned to hell. Guru Sahib considered

himself as merely a humble servant of the Lord.

I think in the Bachitra Natak the pankti is

"Jo hau ko parmeshwar uchre narak kunt mein pariho"

I have heard the katha of this from some mahaprusuh and they say that "HAU" mean himself.

If you read whole bachitra Natak and the Panktis before that Guru ji was saying that every messnger of God who came to earth started telling himself as GOD. So this Pankti means that

"WHoever treat himself as GOD will go to HELL"

Becasue in the next Pankti Guru sahib says

"Mo ko daas prabhu ka jano"

SI it means if Guru ji were talking about himself then they could have used

"Jo mo ko parmeshwar ..."

I may be wrong but looks like this way. Because whatever Guru Sahib has said is true and we know that everyone treats them as GOD even all Gursikhs so it doesn't mean that they are going to Hell. Even at Guru Sahib times, their beloved Gurskihs like bhai nand Lal ji always treat them as GOD and i have never heard in any sakhi where Guru ji warned them of Going to Hell if they do so

I think in the Bachitra Natak the pankti is

"Jo hau ko parmeshwar uchre narak kunt mein pariho"

I have heard the katha of this from some mahaprusuh and they say that "HAU" mean himself.

If you read whole bachitra Natak and the Panktis before that Guru ji was saying that every messnger of God who came to earth started telling himself as GOD. So this Pankti means that

"WHoever treat himself as GOD will go to HELL"

Becasue in the next Pankti Guru sahib says

"Mo ko daas prabhu ka jano"

SI it means if Guru ji were talking about himself then they could have used

"Jo mo ko parmeshwar ..."

I may be wrong but looks like this way. Because whatever Guru Sahib has said is true and we know that everyone treats them as GOD even all Gursikhs so it doesn't mean that they are going to Hell. Even at Guru Sahib times, their beloved Gurskihs like bhai nand Lal ji always treat them as GOD and i have never heard in any sakhi where Guru ji warned them of Going to Hell if they do so

*EDITED*

Jo Hum Ko Parmeshwar Uchar Hai

Tay Sabh Narak Kund Mah Par Hai

Mo Ko Daas Tavan Kaa Jaano

Yaa Mai Bhed Na Runch Pachhaano

Mai Ho Param Purkh Ko Daasa

Dekhan Aayo Jagat Tamaasa

Jo Prabh Jagat Kahaa so Kahiho

Mirta lok tay mon na rahiho...(Bachittar Natak)

Those who address me as God

Shall fall into the pit of hell.

Treat me as a servant of the Lord

And entertain no doubt about it.

I am only a slave of the Lord.

I have only come to witness the Lord's play (Lila).

I tell the world what my God told me then;

I shall not keep silent on account of the fear of mere mortals.

These lines compiled by 10th guru Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji in the Bachittar Natak are a part of the Dasam Granth.

I am not saying that lines are different but its way we interpret the meaning of "HUM".

It can be what i said but it can be what you say but with vyakhya its never 100% what Guru sahib wanted to say.

Only Brahamgyani can give 100% correct answer what Guru Sahib really meant by that.

One Pankti in Gurbani can have have as many many meanings depending upon Awastha so you can never say one explanantion is correct and other is wrong.

Also it can be more clear from Punjabi Grammar literature teacheras they know better the use of words. I have confirmed this. If you are thinking that from your intelligence then check again but if some maapurush has told you that then i may be wrong

I am not saying that lines are different but its way we interpret the meaning of "HUM".

It can be what i said but it can be what you say but with vyakhya its never 100% what Guru sahib wanted to say.

Only Brahamgyani can give 100% correct answer what Guru Sahib really meant by that.

One Pankti in Gurbani can have have as many many meanings depending upon Awastha so you can never say one explanantion is correct and other is wrong.

Also it can be more clear from Punjabi Grammar literature teacheras they know better the use of words. I have confirmed this. If you are thinking that from your intelligence then check again but if some maapurush has told you that then i may be wrong

What is so difficult to understand here

Treat me as a servant of the Lord

And entertain no doubt about it.

You are just trying to play dumb here.

You have to read the whole stanza to understand the message conveyed by Guru Gobind Singh ji.

Get your basics right.

Whosoever shall call me the Lord, shall fall into

hell. Consider me as God's servant and I am

one with God.32.

While Guru ji was truly a messenger of God on Earth, he

warned us not to worship him as the Lord Himself.

Through the following, verses, Guru Sahib ordained that

those who called him the Supreme Lord, Waheguru,

would be condemned to hell. Guru Sahib considered

himself as merely a humble servant of the Lord.

jo hum ko means whoever calls themselves god. Guru G in bachittar naatak is talking boutthe pakhandiz who make their own dharamz. Guru G then says whoever calls themselves god, the will fall into hell.

hum is bahu bachan (plural tense). if you tell me that i need to get my basics ryt, u also tell sant jarnail singh ji to get their facts ryt. and all of taksaal gyanis to get their facts ryt too.

you should reely be careful what you say. no need to create more karam than we have.

stop reading translations. read bani. do nitnem. do what your guru G tells you. i should do this too.