Does Any Of Our Guru Ji Had Previous Janam?

mirror

so what you think a Gursikh should do so that we can't treat Guru ji as GOD. Any recommendations??

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj and Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj are one and the same, as you have said. In the lines you and jsinghz are discussing, Guru Sahib is showing people many things.

1. Guru Sahib is being humble.

2. None of our Gurus called themselves equal to Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj. However the next Guru didn't hestitate to say before, me the Guru is one and only Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj.

3. Guru Sahib in Dasam Bani states, i don't know all, only you (Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj) know all, again Guru Sahib is showing humility. If we take these lines literally, then how can Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj be the True Guru. Gurbani tells us that the True Guru knows Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj. So there is a deeper meaning to the lines. When the Gurus wrote about themselves, they wrote with the utmost humility to teach us a lesson. Not to speak in ego about ourselves (Sikhs).

4. Also, so we don`t start worshipping Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj as a devta (separate from Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj as the other religions do). Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj told us don`t see any difference between me (Satguru) and Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj.

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaj is Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj!!!

ਭੈਰਉ

भैरउ महला ५ घरु १

Bẖairo mėhlā 5 gẖar 1

Bhairao, Fifth Mehl, First House:

ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸਗਲੀ

सगली थीति पासि डारि राखी ॥

Saglī thīṯ pās dār rākẖī.

Setting aside all other days, it is said,

ਅਸਟਮ ॥੧॥

असटम थीति गोविंद जनमा सी ॥१॥

Astam thīṯ govinḏ janmā sī. ||1||

that the Lord was born on the eighth lunar day. ||1||

ਭਰਮਿ

भरमि भूले नर करत कचराइण ॥

Bẖaram bẖūle nar karaṯ kacẖrā▫iṇ.

Deluded and confused by doubt, the mortal practices falsehood.

ਜਨਮ

जनम मरण ते रहत नाराइण ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Janam maraṇ ṯe rahaṯ nārā▫iṇ. ||1|| rahā▫o.

The Lord is beyond birth and death. ||1||Pause||

ਕਰਿ

करि पंजीरु खवाइओ चोर ॥

Kar panjīr kẖavā▫i▫o cẖor.

You prepare sweet treats and feed them to your stone god.

ਓਹੁ ॥੨॥

ओहु जनमि न मरै रे साकत ढोर ॥२॥

Oh janam na marai re sākaṯ dẖor. ||2||

God is not born, and He does not die, you foolish, faithless cynic! ||2||

ਸਗਲ

सगल पराध देहि लोरोनी ॥

Sagal parāḏẖ ḏėh loronī.

You sing lullabies to your stone god - this is the source of all your mistakes.

ਸੋ ॥੩॥

सो मुखु जलउ जितु कहहि ठाकुरु जोनी ॥३॥

So mukẖ jala▫o jiṯ kahėh ṯẖākur jonī. ||3||

Let that mouth be burnt, which says that our Lord and Master is subject to birth. ||3||

ਜਨਮਿ

जनमि न मरै न आवै न जाइ ॥

Janam na marai na āvai na jā▫e.

He is not born, and He does not die; He does not come and go in reincarnation.

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%A8%E0%A8%BE%E0%A8%A8%E0%A8%95" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(128, 0, 0); ">ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੪॥੧॥

नानक का प्रभु रहिओ समाइ ॥४॥१॥

Nānak kā parabẖ rahi▫o samā▫e. ||4||1||

The God of Nanak is pervading and permeating everywhere. ||4||1||

• 1 month later...

What is so funny about it and please don't boggle your mind too much.

Its rather obvious, dont think the Gurus ever sat down and were like umm what you think about Naam or this Bani Took, and be like hmm this is what i think it means and then the other guru say no but this what i read xD Yea I might be making it sound trivial but have you thought about it. If not then all of our views should be the same as our Gurus Bani was 1 the Guru is 1 and his Shabad is 1

• 1 month later...

WJKK WJKF

Saadh Sangat ji please help me with this.

I have heard that Guru Nank Dev ji meditated 36Yug for Waheguru Mantra. So it means that they were there before taking birth as Guru nanak Dev ji.

Does our other 9 Guru jis had any previous janam katha.

In Bachitra Natak as well i have heard that Guru Teg Bahadur were doing Bhagti as Rishi in previous Janam when God sent Guru Gobind Singh ji as Dusht Daman. Someone can through light on this.

So Looks like they had previous Janams before coming to Earth.

or is it that all our Guru Jis were in some form did great bhagti and then they merged with god but they had identity before.

guru nanak dev ji meditated 100 years before comming on earth in sachkhand sahib and when guruji spent

Three Days in the River

and go back to sachkhand he remember every thing he stuyded their and got the mulmantar from nirankar (waheguru)