Taking Amrit

akaur08

With the blessing of Guru Maheraj , i hope to take Amrit, and am trying to keep rehat. I wonder if i am ready, or if i will every be. And if my mind changes throught high school, what would i do. But i can honestly say i really want to take Amrit, and be the daughter of Guru ji. I'm not sure what to start doing now, so than it will be normal to me once i;ve taken amrit. If there any advice or thoughts that you have or you could give me, please do so!

First thing that we really need to make sure is that whether we are really capable of upholding khalsa lifestyle.

I usually recommend new entrants to practice amritdhari lifestyle for few weeks before making any decision.

Try and keep one month amrit vela routine and will gives you idea if you are really ready or not :)

Thank You! But i always question myself.. if i will ever be ready to take Amrit? Theres a Amrit Sanchar in April, and i wonder if i will regret not taking Amrit in april. Or if i should wear a dastaar and live in rehat maryada and than when im fully sure than take Amrit. Would really appreciate other peoples thoughts and opinions! :)

Sis, you could take my case as reference.

I was keshdhari all along and cut my hair when I was 15. When I was 20, I read about sant Ji and 84, and got inspired to take Amrit, but my feelings were really Josh and nothing else. I took Amrit from a taksali jatha. About 2 months later I went for a Sikhi camp, and was heavily influenced by different people. It started with eating eggs, then fish, then meat. Amritvela stopped. Nitnem stopped. Soon after I was drafted into national service. I removed all my kakkars so I could fit in, and picked up smoking, and weekend vice activities with my platoon mates. After basic training I was transferred to section leader school, where I had better company, I stopped smoking because the officer commanding of my company knew my father. I picked up sukhmani sahib, reciting it regularly. After 5 weeks, I was given my final posting, to Guards ( an elite infantry unit with heliborne ops) as a sniper. There were 15 of us in the platoon, mostly smokers. My path stopped and I picked up smoking again. During the next course of 15 months, I tried amritvela a few times but whenever it came to jungle/field training for weeks end, I'll give in to smoking to ease the fatigue. The usual platoon drinking sessions in the mess continued. A year left to completion I was married to a girl who was totally inclined to hinduism despite being a Sikh, which until today is a hindrance to me going for pesh. After my 2 years of national service, I started work In my family business. This time I fell into the trap of tantriks, saadhs and babas hoping to improve my financial luck in the stock markets. In three years, I lost all my 60k investment, which happened around 2 months ago.

That was what opened my eyes and I came running back to gurudev's feet. Ever since he has blessed me with vegetarianism, amritvela and an amazing nitnem of 11 banis. I'm now like a newborn child, opening his eyes to the truth and with maharaj kirpa I can Take baby steps to being a gursikh again, hopefully gaining enough strength to go pesh for all 4 bujjar kurehits. And I hope to be blessed with pesh from akj. :-)

To add on, pesh from akj is strictly a personal preference, not offending anyone, I have full respect for all panthic jathebandis. Also, sis, I've started keeping 4 kakkars already, and will don the kirpaan with maharaj kirpa this vaisakhi. After which , I will wait for maharaj to tell me when I'm ready to pesh myself :-)

Think hard, really hard, don't jump into it :-)