Taking Our Kirpaan Off Being Amrithdhaaree...

Hau Apraadhi

in mornings, we do not eat without first doing nitnem, similarly we should not eat without our panj kakars on. If you feel so strongly about it, and dont see the point then by all means eat whenever you want.

its discussed further here:

http://gurmatbibek.c...php?3,9188,9390

http://www.sikhsanga...akirpanairport/

I'm just asking about the logic behind it. Who made up this rule?

You made a previous post and then edited it. I might aswell reply to that too...

removing ur kirpan for flying is not wrong as you are not doing it because of lack of rehit or laziness.

I fly on aeroplanes to get from one place to another, not to use it as an excuse to take off my kirpan. As long as you do an ardas asking for forgiveness then there is nothing wrong with it.

the "rule" is a rehat.

go to the 18th or 19th min of the video

and watch that.

this argument is going around in circles, this shall be my last post here.

each maryada to its own - each sikh to each of his jathebandeee - the simple fact is this is a poitnless debate - do what your prem and sharda in sikhe allows you to do - if you can go without food brillant - if you can't then no problem - sikhism is not a religion which where there is only one way narrow mindedness .

"Don't eat, don't drink"

Use some of that common sense guys. If you eat and drink, what's the difference? In one situation you're starving while the other one you're not.

If you don't have your kirpan, it just means you're less defenceless than before, that's it. You're still able to defend others and yourself, but by the means of close combat with arms and legs.

Someone called Guroo Gobind Singh Jee Mahaaraaj:

Hukamnameh in regards, to keeping rehat intact and langar pani. (there are more)

it is only natural for gursikhs who keep (good) rehat, not to eat whilst missing their kakaar. hanjee if your starving luggage lost etc etc challo oh bandeh teh depend ay, but their are singhs who still would not let a til(weakness) come in their rehat.

Those who do not take their morning bath in cold water and those who eat before their

Nitnem infringe the Rehat.

Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

Those who do not sing the Guru's Hymn at dawn and those who eat before doing

Rehraas are punishable.

Thankhaanama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

jo prasaadh shhakanae lagae haathh suchaeth karaee ||

When you are going to eat, first wash your hands.

Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh