Would Camps Like This Help Fightsikh Girls Converting To Islam

hgsingh

Camps do help as they are part of an education programme.

But the key word is education. The gurdwara is not just a place of worship but a place of education, but the eductaion aspect is very poor in our gurdwara, i cannot speak for others. There are many possibilities to do parchar but because the Comitttee is bothered more for the income to rise than for the sikhs to be more stronger or even aware of their faith, they tend to block any changes in the working system.

You can do as many camps as you like, but these are niche pachaar attempts, rather than the wholesale attempt, which is the gurdwara. In my gurdwara we have cowards as pardhaans, and penny-pinchers as treasurers, so what can you do?

The answer is more camps, but the ideal situation will only change when gurdwaras change.

Why Sikh girls convert to Islam though?

Because Muslim boys 'trap' them to marry them ? Also after marriage , how Muslim guys treat their Sikh (now Muslim) wives? Do they treat them very nicely or they change because their 'mission' is done? Since I am in America , I never saw such cases here but can't say anything about England.

Why Sikh girls convert to Islam though?

Because Muslim boys 'trap' them to marry them ? Also after marriage , how Muslim guys treat their Sikh (now Muslim) wives? Do they treat them very nicely or they change because their 'mission' is done? Since I am in America , I never saw such cases here but can't say anything about England.

auzer your from ameirca..you dont know the situation over here...they are not converting naturally...they are being groomed and manipulated through many dirty tactcs which are very long to go into....you just have to see the grooming/gang rape cases that have occured in the UK in the last couple of years..to see how many pakistani youth indulge in these disgusting acts...going for young naive gullible girls and trying to convert them and then make them leave their whole family and life behind is not real romance...if they really cared about these girls..then they would meet the parents or would go into the gurdwara to pay respect...

These things are only partially useful in my opinion, because they only tap into a section of the people that is already quite involved with the community. Al lot of it boils down to preaching to the already converted.

What is needed is proper outreach programs that get to and resonate with those at the periphery of the community (for whatever reason). Easier said than done.

• 2 weeks later...