Hindu Marry Sikh But Not Sikh Marry Muslim

innergear

Some1 asked y iz "ok" hindu marry sikh . But not so ok sikh marry muslim? Wo cn i say bak? :)

You simply need to ask 'someone', who told them it it was 'ok' to marry hindus ?

I know its fairly common among the urban sikh groups from Delhi, but amongst the much larger sikh community it hardly ever happens. In fact, I honestly can't think of a single relative - close or distant - that has ever married a hindu. It just doesn't happen.

At the end of the day.....in theory....the sikh would find more in common with a muslim spouse. The hindu spouse idea is just full of contradictions. Belief systems which are totally at odds with each other. But....thats the theory. You need to go back to 'someone' and ask if the muslim's family will allow her to marry a sikh without resorting to fisticuffs.

Guest KopSingh

SORRY SON but we are not allowed to marry non-belivers, SIMPLE! if sikhs want to marry muslims and hindu, then thats fine, AS LONG as their partner converts to sikhi, end of! getting married (anand karaj) infront of guru granth sahib ji with a non sikh partner is like slapping guru gobind singh in the face, especialy as guru is bani, bani is guru.

any gurdwara committe/gianis that allows a sikh boy/girl to marry a non-beliver in the presence of guru granth sahib ji, should be slapped into some ukal (sense), then threatened. this crap has been going on for too long now! WE HAVE NEVER been allowed to marry out of the religion, amritdhari or not, so y now?

also ive heard of hindus marrying hindus in the gurdwara in the early days during the 1900's, is this allowed by the way guys? a bollywood actress (karishma kapoor) got married in a sikh ceremony (anand karaj), yet she and her husband r hindus, how come dis is happening? also the giani for this ceremony is a famous giani, bhai harbans singh

Is there anything in bani that opposes inter religion marriage by Sikhs?

I know it is the maryada, but does anyone know of a sakhi where guru ji forbade it?

Ive asked this before and got referred to guru gobind singh jis 52 hukams, after doing much homework I couldn't find a sakhi of where guru declared this hukams.

My questions may make me sound like a doubter of maryada - I'm not, but it would good to know why I believe in what I do if anyone gets me. Unfortunately only an explanation from guru ji will do.

Sister.. I think it's common knowledge that inter religious marriage cause hurdles in our own religious journey.

Example, if wife is from Hindu dharma and husband is from Sikh dharm then we know that their ideologies will clash sooner or later. They will not have two bodies one soul concept. During Amrit saanchar it is important that both husband and wife take it together, which means that wife need to leave Hindu ideologies in order to take Amrit saanchar. So inter-religion marriages doesn't work out if they religiously want to continue their birth adopted dharm.

Sikh definitation in our guru jees eyes : Amritdhari Khalsa