Why Are Their Lack Of Profesional Sikh Athletes

hgsingh

Firstly, western (white) people ain't stupid. They only value sports in which they themselves are good at. Thats why things like kabaddi ain't part of the olympics, yet pathetic imbecile ones such as synchronised swimming is. 'Sport', to western eyes is subjective. 'White' waste of time pastimes such as bobsleighing, where middle class people sit and see how fast they can slide down ice is considered a sport.....whereas things that Sikhs do are not.

And then there are other factors. One, is the fact that the rate of lack of sikh professional success in sports such as football, ice hockey etc is exactly the same as the rate of white middle class educated people doing these things. It is working class people that excell in these contact sports generally. Not the people that are doing homework rather than playing games on the street.

Another factor is the fact that teher is no generic 'black' sports success. Blacks from east, central and south Africa are just as slow if not slower than sikhs. And can't jump as high and play ball as a sikh. They do, however, excell in distance running. If the poor rural sikh from Punjab who, like them, also runs to school 6 miles away bare foot in the burning sun, was also given a chance by his govt....he too would break world records.

The 'blacks' I think you're referring to HSingh, are the blacks from west Africa and the American / Carribean blacks who are also descended from the West Africans. These blacks, as well as being mostly working class and so the natural constituent of the sportsman, have been scientifically shown to have dna genes predisposed to speed sports.

On the other hand, of course, I'm sure there are whites in places such as England, Australia, South Africa etc where cricket is one of the major sports who are, at this very moment, asking why Sikhs are so good at sports. When you're sitting in a country where ice hockey and basketball are king things do of course look very different.

As for Sikhs and Indians in general and their dismal record in the olympics....it all comes down to the question of 'class and society'. The rest of the world find their champion sportsmen from the working class lower ranks of society. India, on the other hand, spits on its poorer section, and wouldn't even be seen dead in the changing room with them. When you disregard the one section of society who are hungry for success and willing to sweat blood, sweat and tears for it, you can't expect any success.

I disagree ice hockey is for the middle class its an expensive sport

China is dominating sports and their athletes are very educated

Well I only mentioned ice hockey for your benefit hsingh. Apart from yourselves, Russia and maybe Norway, nobody in the world is even aware of its existence. I just mentioned it to make you feel at home.

As for the Chinese athletes. No. You're wrong. The Chinese that are good at sports are not the academic types from University. Unlike the north American system with its world famous sports and sports scholarship system...the rest of the world, including the rest of the western world, does not have such a system. College...or university....is not a breeding ground for sports champions. Thats not the way it works in the rest of the world. This is purely a north american phenomena. Chinese students make up a massive percentage in the best universities of the UK and I'd imagine its the same story with canadian universities. Go and see how uninterested in sports these people are.

Well I only mentioned ice hockey for your benefit hsingh. Apart from yourselves, Russia and maybe Norway, nobody in the world is even aware of its existence. I just mentioned it to make you feel at home.

As for the Chinese athletes. No. You're wrong. The Chinese that are good at sports are not the academic types from University. Unlike the north American system with its world famous sports and sports scholarship system...the rest of the world, including the rest of the western world, does not have such a system. College...or university....is not a breeding ground for sports champions. Thats not the way it works in the rest of the world. This is purely a north american phenomena. Chinese students make up a massive percentage in the best universities of the UK and I'd imagine its the same story with canadian universities. Go and see how uninterested in sports these people are.

If you can lift that enormous chip off your shoulder, perhaps you should consider reepresenting your country in weightlifting?

"chip off your shoulder" ? :blink2: I just told you how sports / atheletics in the rest of the world do not operate under the collegiate system. How on earth do you equate that with a 'chip on my shoulder' ? Do you you even understand the context under which you should use the term 'chip on your shoulder' ? Have you run out of arguments so are now reduced to picking random expressions from thin air ?

I'm only asking HSingh because you're fast gaining a reputation as an air-headed bufoon. You have a tendancy to start threads based on an ill-informed and uneducated viewpoints, and then, with your lack of further thought and knowledge of anything cruelly exposed, you withdraw like a cornered rat and respond with totally innapropriate and misplaced random expressions of rebuke.

Exactly what purpose do you serve here fella ?

Ummm, WLS - so you're telling us certain sports are supressed because Sikhs would excell in them, and then yopu go on to say it's because Sikhs are more academically focused?

Not even a little bit close to what I said. Firstly, bypassing the 'sikh' element here, everything I said applies to each and every one of us south Asians.....Sikh, Muslim and Hindu. What I said was that the 'sports' by which humans are respected just happen to be the sports that white europeans have an historical base in, whether in a literary or classical history sense (such as javelin etc) or ones which make up the list of pastimes that rich well to do white europeans have historically indulged in as a time pass activity (such as synchronised swimming and bobsleighing). So, there are 100 gold medals up for grabs every 4 years in the olympics for eveyone who can lift with their hands. But......there is a tradition among Hindu sadhus to lift many kilos with their privates. If that was part of the olympics white people right now would be on their message forums asking why white people are so rubbish at sports and brown people win all the medals. There are 100 gold medals up for grabs every 4 years in the olympics for horse riding sports. 99.9% of these 'events' involve seeing who can maintain their upper class white european posture for the longest whilst wearing upper class white european attire and dressing the european friendly horse breed in white european ideals of horse tack. So where does this leave the Sikh warrior that can ride 2 horses at the same time whilst blindfolded and swinging 2 sharp swords around his head ?....or the muslim in the NWFP who can ride the horse and simultaneously defeat a small army of attackers ?

So you see...like I said in my very first post here...'sports' is a very subjective term. Colonialism may be over in physical terms but on a mental level they've got us bent over a barrell and are giving it to us Turkish style good and proper. THEY condition our minds as to what 'sports' is. THEY decide the rules and they make the rules with the provision that THEY will win.

We're living in the era of mental colonialism.

Now.......The greatest ever study, in the history of the world, into the genetics of physical stregth and endurability was the study conducted by Sir Robert McCarrison. I don't even recall if that was his name and i don't even recall if its was in Victorian times or just afrer the death of Victoria. I'm a busy man and I'm quickly working %from memory here. McCarrison, in his indepth study for the Royal Society in London, after the British Empire had taken over 70% of gods earth and fought every race and creed on it, came to the conclusion that the 2 toughest, fittest, strongest, most atheletic human beings on earth were the Sikhs of the Punjab and the Pathans of the kkhyber. His study, was to find out why. His study....from an historical point of view and from the point of view as a Sikh is very interesting. Firstly, from the fact that the study into our forefathers revealed that one of the reasons why they were a thousand million times stronger than their Hindu bood relations was the fact that meat was a major major part of their diet. McCarrison went deep deep deep into the diet of the sikhs. Eventually. him and the Royal Society, came to the conclusion, after comparing the diet of Sikhs, Pathans, and White Europeans, that.......(the study easily found that both the punjabi sikhs and the muslim pathans were several times more stronger than the white european) the muslim pathan came out on top by one simple virtue : There wasn't enough fruit in the diet of the Sikh. i.e.....whilst the pathan, eating the same amount of meat as our sikh forefathers, would have fruit in his meat dishes to build up his strength (biryani for example)....amongst the Sikhs the fruit was pathetically lacking. (McCarison concluded his study with the conclsuion that, of the worlds population, the pathan just had the edge over the Sikh because, whilst the Sikh was inherentlt in the flat plains of Punjab, the pathan- living in the mountains-had,over centruries, and genetics, developed a more stronger calf - leg - muscle in order to survive in his terrain.

So.......Sports ?

A hundred different reasons. There's not enough hours in the day and days in the weeks to go through them all. But to recap on just a few : White man changed his diet......Started making sure he gets gets every vitamin, every mineral and every nutrient in every meal he eats. We Sikhs ? No. We gone bcakwards mate. We started off being internationaly recognised as having the most sports focussed strength making diet in the world but have since been on a mission to emulating the the rice / vegetarian diet of the brahmins that came bottom of the strength / sports list of the study.

Leaving that aside though....the whole concept of what the original poster termed as 'sports' is based on what 'white' society has conditioned him into believing are legitimate 'sports'.

Bob Marley, in 'redemption song' remarked how, without people even realising how wrong it is, we have gone from physical slavery to mental slavery. We...the current generation....look back at the times of physical slavery and wonder why the people didn't rise up against it. In generations to come our offspring will look back at our metal slavery and wonder why we were too weak and too stupid to rise up against it...or at least wake up and see it.

So...in conclusion then....Saif Udeen, the answer to your question is .No'.