Who Will Bell The Cat?

Ek0sikh

We forget, why the need for the Dharm Yudh Morcha that led to June 1984 and then Khalistan?

Our Dharm was under attack, not that of the Christians, Muslims or Hindus as they all had protection. The need was to safegurad Sikhi within or outside if need be of the Legal and Political framework of the State of India.

Which religion is being impacted on at present and still has no protection under the constistution of India - Sikhi.

So lets get it clear the need for Khalistan was the safegurading of Sikhi within a legal and poltical framework. That framework operating under the principles of Gurmat would automatically benefit all those living under that framework.

It is not the notion nor the name ''Khalistan'' that is the issue, but that of the credibility and approach of those promoting it.

Having spoken to close relatives involved, the role that the Federation etc have and are playing is being a voice for the Sikhs of Punjab, INTERNATIONALLY. They are lobbying Political and other national and International Instiutions on the plight of Sikhs in Punjab as they cannot do so, unlike GOI. So to counter false propoganda. The linkages are there, but not publicised.

Question for sherdil and karku paji's, would u both agree the khalistan movement are not viewed favourably by non sikhs and this needs proactively addressing as part of any future campaigns..

the reason I say this is not because i think life is a popularity contest but because the Indian government would be held more accountable for any action if the woirrld didn't view us as terrorists.

Question for sherdil and karku paji's, would u both agree the khalistan movement are not viewed favourably by non sikhs and this needs proactively addressing as part of any future campaigns..

the reason I say this is not because i think life is a popularity contest but because the Indian government would be held more accountable for any action if the woirrld didn't view us as terrorists.

Yeah you make a good point. I wonder how much of the population of Punjab do Sikhs make up today? Maybe 60 - 70%? There is a wave of immigrants from places like Delhi and Bihar. A lot of Hindus are living in, what would be Khalistan. We have to keep our majority strong.

I like Ek0Sikh's suggestions (especially about raising orphaned children as Sikhs. We can open orphanages to take charge of this). Everybody has made some good points. I think it's gonna be a long battle. We have to start doing more parchaar of Sikhi. We need to start helping our poor, so they don't fall prey to Christian missionaries. We need to stop alienating the Dalit Sikh community. It's pushing them into the hands of Baba's and Deras. Stop caste discrimination all together.

What the average person can do: Spread Sikhi amongst the people you know (Sikh and non-Sikh). Take your classmates or co-workers to gurdwara and get them interested in the faith. Guru Nanak did parchaar all over Asia and the Middle-East. It's our duty to spread his message.

I remember going to a Mosque with a Muslim buddy and the Imam showed me his office. He had stacks of Qurans in almost any language you could think of. Spanish, Chinese, French, English, Italian, etc. I even saw this white lady convert to Islam. My point is, Muslims never waste an opportunity to do parchaar. We should also be looking to bring people from a Non-Punjabi background into the panth. We need to keep increasing our numbers if we want more political clout, and more power to fight for our rights anywhere in the world.

If we do enough parchaar in India, there is no reason why Hindustan can't turn into Khalistan.

I agree with all your points except the one about worrying about Christian missionaries, for two reasons.

1. If we were doing a good job with the poor Christians wouldn't be a concern

2. Christian seva is equal to Sikh seva (as long its not used for point scoring against us or other faiths)

It's been nice chatting to u gents!

Wjkwjkf

Being from a Punjabi Hindu background myself, I assure you that no matter how much parchaar you do, the number of non-Sikhs (especially Hindus, and certainly Punjabi Hindus) you will get on your (Khalistani) side will be a number you can count on the tip of your fingers. You can get them to be on your side to (a.) punish the culprits of November 1984, (b.) punish the culprits of state sponsored ethnic cleansing of Sikhs, i.e. Indian army and Punjab police, (c.) welfare of Shaheed's families, (d.) welfare of Hindu victims of fake militants, fullstop. You will NOT get any support for Khalistan.

So what is the way out? You do what our opponents did and play their game. Take their tricks to their house. They brought in Hindus from other states to hike their numbers, you bring in Sikhs. They made Hindu Suraksha Samiti in Punjab for protecting Hindus, you make sure to have a fully armed Khalsa Brigade in every state outside Punjab where our populations, our Takhats and historic Gurughars are located.

I won't hesitate to go a step further and say that the fight won't be over even after achieving Khalistan. What about Sikhs in other states? What about their lives, business, property? What about the Gurughars and other Sikh institutions there? Trust me, based on track record of 1947 and 1984, all those will become easy targets overnight, which is why I strongly suggest a fully armed Khalsa Brigade present in all places outside Punjab which has a dense Sikh population and history there.

The internal matter then would be to ensure safety of non-Sikhs within the land ruled by the Khalsa. In view of the kind of venom for non-Sikhs I've seen on several online Sikh forums (including this one), I cannot doubt for a second that we will have enough (if not many, I hope) mobsters in a newly formed Khalistan who will comb the streets to lay hands on any Hindu they can find. So we will have to cleanse our mentality of any lingering hatred. Remember who our enemies are, its not a culture or religion or community or even a person. Its a rotten supremacist mindset, a mindset so diabolical that anyone who gets stung by it automatically becomes an enemy of the Khalsa. We are NOT the evil Shiv Sena or the monstrous Bajrang Dal who seeks revenge by shedding the blood of innocents. We are Sikhs of a Guru who sacrificed His life for another faith without expecting even gratitude or acknowledgement.

Humanity is what we seek to protect, and justice is what we fight to achieve. Our battle is not a battle just for Sikhs or against Hindus. We are at war with tyrants, no matter cleanshaven or turbanned, and we have a duty to fight for justice for all, again, no matter cleanshaven or turbanned.

Being from a Punjabi Hindu background myself, I assure you that no matter how much parchaar you do, the number of non-Sikhs (especially Hindus, and certainly Punjabi Hindus) you will get on your (Khalistani) side will be a number you can count on the tip of your fingers. You can get them to be on your side to (a.) punish the culprits of November 1984, (b.) punish the culprits of state sponsored ethnic cleansing of Sikhs, i.e. Indian army and Punjab police, (c.) welfare of Shaheed's families, (d.) welfare of Hindu victims of fake militants, fullstop. You will NOT get any support for Khalistan.

So what is the way out? You do what our opponents did and play their game. Take their tricks to their house. They brought in Hindus from other states to hike their numbers, you bring in Sikhs. They made Hindu Suraksha Samiti in Punjab for protecting Hindus, you make sure to have a fully armed Khalsa Brigade in every state outside Punjab where our populations, our Takhats and historic Gurughars are located.

I won't hesitate to go a step further and say that the fight won't be over even after achieving Khalistan. What about Sikhs in other states? What about their lives, business, property? What about the Gurughars and other Sikh institutions there? Trust me, based on track record of 1947 and 1984, all those will become easy targets overnight, which is why I strongly suggest a fully armed Khalsa Brigade present in all places outside Punjab which has a dense Sikh population and history there.

The internal matter then would be to ensure safety of non-Sikhs within the land ruled by the Khalsa. In view of the kind of venom for non-Sikhs I've seen on several online Sikh forums (including this one), I cannot doubt for a second that we will have enough (if not many, I hope) mobsters in a newly formed Khalistan who will comb the streets to lay hands on any Hindu they can find. So we will have to cleanse our mentality of any lingering hatred. Remember who our enemies are, its not a culture or religion or community or even a person. Its a rotten supremacist mindset, a mindset so diabolical that anyone who gets stung by it automatically becomes an enemy of the Khalsa. We are NOT the evil Shiv Sena or the monstrous Bajrang Dal who seeks revenge by shedding the blood of innocents. We are Sikhs of a Guru who sacrificed His life for another faith without expecting even gratitude or acknowledgement.

Humanity is what we seek to protect, and justice is what we fight to achieve. Our battle is not a battle just for Sikhs or against Hindus. We are at war with tyrants, no matter cleanshaven or turbanned, and we have a duty to fight for justice for all, again, no matter cleanshaven or turbanned.

If you have actually get the information to the public in Punjab there will be a massive increase in support for Khalistan. Remember in 1989 Mann one all the Parliamentry seats in Punjab based on Khalistan policies. Look across the world, the Sikh media has multiplied massively the numbers who want Khalistan . We have seen how Punjab censored the news about Bhai Jaspal Singh

Mehtab Singh ji, you are absolutely right. I don't expect Punjabi Hindus to support Khalistan. I'm sure if Khalistan was created, it would lead to violence like in 1947. I also believe you when you say that some Hindus would be victims of bigoted attacks by some hoodlums in Khalistan. Nobody wants that. I was trying to say, if we did enough parchaar in India then maybe Sikhi would be the majority dharam throughout India. That's what I meant by Hindustan becoming Khalistan. There is a reason why you, like our ancestors, embraced Sikhi. I think we don't do enough to share the Guru's teachings with the world.

Christians used to be persecuted by the Romans. Now the Vatican is located in Rome.

Actually if you have actually get the information to the public in Punjab there will be a massive increase in support for Khalistan. Remmeber in 1989 Mann one all the Parliamentry seats based on Khalistan policies. Look across the world, the Sikh media has multiplied massively the numbers who want Khalistan .
Sir, reaching out to the public with the truth is the problem. How many of us are fearless like Khalra jee? How many of us are willing to walk that line? I know the response will be that if Gurujee does kirpa it can happen. I am sure it will happen with His kirpa. No doubt! But since we are the ones discussing this, I ask the ones reading and responding. Let me tell you the little bit I have seen. No matter how many Hindus I tell about how much the Sikhs have suffered, they do feel extremely bad and terrible, and they hate the government and dirty Indian politics for it, still it doesn't convince them that a separate nation for Sikhs is a way out. My only plea is that we need to adopt a different, new and effective strategy. What will it be, thats what this brainstorming is trying to achieve.

Sherdil veer, Hindustan becoming Khalistan will be a dream come true, but we need to start somewhere, say like, Punjab maybe? :) I honestly doubt that ALL of Hindustan will become Khalistan in one go. First let us win the land of our Gurus, let us progress in ALL fields such that others themselves WANT to be with us. khwaar hue sab milenge, bache sharan jo hoye will then become a reality!