Is this normal in canada????

Jhajaroo

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Becuase of the number of cases of beadbi being done to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, there needs to be a solution, and quickly, before things get too late. There needs to be some stricter rules in place to safeguard the respect and dignity of Maharaj. Presently there are laws, where if violated, people and groups can be excommunicated from the panth. However, many people such as in BC, do not care. The cultural and business aspects for them having a Gurdwara far outweigh any sense of dignity or panthic duty.

A possible solution to this would borrow the idea of government issued passports, licenses and other government cards where it says:

"This passport is the property of the Government of Canada. It must not be altered. You must take every precaution to safeguard it....." and

"This card is the property of the Ministry of Health and must be used by 'Singh'. Misuse of this card is an offense. Violators will be prosecuted. Invalid cards may be repossesed."

By having all new saroops printed legally owned by Akal Takhat for example, they can have the right to immedietly seize any Saroop that is being mistreated or wrongly used. No longer will Maharaj be used to lure people to do parties in banquet halls. No longer will tables/chairs Gurdwaras be allowed to disgrace our Guru.

I know you cannot put a price on Gurbani, and noone can own Gurbani because it was meant for all of humanity. But there needs to be something in place so these heinous crimes committed against Guru ji dont become

the 'norm' for future generations. The last thing a Sikh wants to see is his Guru disrespected.

This is just an idea, im not sure if its actually 'doable', but at least it might spark some more ideas on stopping what might just become a huge problem in the near future.

If anyone else has any ideas, please share them....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji

Waheguru Ji,

first of all, the ppl that constructed this "Gurdwara" are a private team of ppl. Their intent is simple to hold weddings...they are more cultural and moderate than others. .......

.......cover their heads.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue.

Thanx for the clarifications regarding the "cultural center". But this is not an excuse to do beadbi of guru sahib(I think u agree with me on this, right?)

If they want to use Guru ji to do wedding and earn money ....thats very very offensive I think.

We must do something

And I think canadian Singhs and Kaurs should act immediately.

This gurdwara is a table and chairs gurdwara and most of the people that go there are not even sikhs. The same thing is happeneing in the other table and chair gurdwara's where non-sikhs run it. The BC sangat has tried many times to stop the beadbi. It's very very difficult to stop it. The only way to stop the beadbi is if new commitee members are put in that are sikhs and that follow the akaal thakat maryada and that sadly is not possible. Elections have been run at gurdwaras like surrey gurdwara and ross st. gurdwara but the elections always end up rigged and the "moderates" end up winning. So its almost impossible to stop the beadbi because "moderates", who don't follow the maryada are controlling the gurdwaras.

hmm why cant they have this basic knowledge that whenver they are in the hazoori of guruji they should keep their head covered.. (though its a common knowledge we shud keep our head covered all da time) ... i mean come on gimme a break.. small kids in my place (age around4yrs) knows that whenever they come in the darbar their head should be covered... reali pisses me off to see all this kinda nonsense happening when we are suppose to be celebrating 400yrs of parkash utsav of dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj..

<_<