Im Scared Now!

RebelSingh

The moral of the story is that even if you spend all your days with Sat Guru Guru Granth Shaib Jee and havent given your self to there teachings then this will be your Faith.

This is what Guru Arjan Dev Jee says is raag bhairo mehalaa 5

avar oupaav sagal mai dhaekhae jo chithaveeai thith bigaras kaaj |1| rehaao |

I have seen all other sorts of efforts; whatever you can think of, will only bring failure. ||1||Pause||

thaakur shodd dhaasee ko simarehi manamukh andh agiaanaa |

The blind, ignorant, self-willed manmukhs forsake their Lord and Master, and dwell on His slave Maya.

har kee bhagath karehi thin nindhehi nigurae pasoo samaanaa |2|

They slander those who worship their Lord; they are like beasts, without a Guru. ||2||

I'll add more to this discussion later on.

Almost certain it isnt Bhai Gurdas Ji, but another Sikh. Notice how all the dates are from March 13 , 2012 onwards...... Heard this Sakhi many time before, but almost 99% sure it wasnt Bhai Gurdas Ji.

This story is about bhai gurdas ji, who as we know was a devout sevadaar of our gurus, and was a learned person in gurbani too.

ive heard thisn sakhi many times but this is the 1st time, Bhai Gurdas' name has been mentioned. I dont think its Bhai Gurdas Ji though who became a bear.

''right i dont think u understand wat im sayin mate,''

RebelSingh jee

In Sikhi we dont call each other ''mate!''. This is a Sikh youth forum and we are better off addressing each other as veerjee and bhenjee which sounds so much more loving and sweet! We need to watch how we address and talk to each other because a lot of people visit this forum everyday as a sikh....sangat website and we have to set good examples of how Sikhs talk to each other in our bhai-chara.

Secondly, never ever read half a sentence and be quick to assume that others do not understand you. Humility wants you to remember that others appreciate what you say and are better than you in understanding you. That is a lekhn of nimarta. I remember after I had performed a kirtan session and then we were all sitting together for Guru ka langar. One mother complained to me about her 15 year son liking video games etc. I tried to explain that as long as he was doing some studies, his swimming , etc etc, a few video games is quite a thing that young males like. This young boy was not some amritdharee Sikh yet but in his humility he said one very beautiful thing to his mother when he said …mom Gyanijee is right, he understands me better than I do myself! What nimarta from a young boy.

As I said Guru jee is the epitome of love and hope. All those who surrender to, love, obey and follow Gurujee have got nothing to fear in the worst or best of times. This is the simple but profound message of Sikhi. These Sikhis exist not to scare us but to make us want to be dead close to Gurujee and to Gurmat.

''right i dont think u understand wat im sayin mate,''

RebelSingh jee

In Sikhi we dont call each other ''mate!''. This is a Sikh youth forum and we are better off addressing each other as veerjee and bhenjee which sounds so much more loving and sweet! We need to watch how we address and talk to each other because a lot of people visit this forum everyday as a sikh....sangat website and we have to set good examples of how Sikhs talk to each other in our bhai-chara.

Secondly, never ever read half a sentence and be quick to assume that others do not understand you. Humility wants you to remember that others appreciate what you say and are better than you in understanding you. That is a lekhn of nimarta. I remember after I had performed a kirtan session and then we were all sitting together for Guru ka langar. One mother complained to me about her 15 year son liking video games etc. I tried to explain that as long as he was doing some studies, his swimming , etc etc, a few video games is quite a thing that young males like. This young boy was not some amritdharee Sikh yet but in his humility he said one very beautiful thing to his mother when he said …mom Gyanijee is right, he understands me better than I do myself! What nimarta from a young boy.

As I said Guru jee is the epitome of love and hope. All those who surrender to, love, obey and follow Gurujee have got nothing to fear in the worst or best of times. This is the simple but profound message of Sikhi. These Sikhis exist not to scare us but to make us want to be dead close to Gurujee and to Gurmat.

Sorry MATE

first of all i dont kno wat ur going on about, we r from england, in england we call each other mate, its called being polite, so thats ur fail MATE, not mine. 2nd of all, im not gona come on this site n brownnose any1, not u or the mods.

BTW(By The Way), wen all the english sikhs on here read ur comment, they r gonna laugh u into the ground

RebelSingh Ji Valeythia.

I know very well that in england calling each other mate is a mark of respect. Something the americans don't undertsand here or other people in other parts of the world.

I have travelled and lived all over mate!! I was born and raised there in UK, now i'm on the west pacific in North America and I fully undertsand your intention.

BUT, it is more acceptable since we are on this forum to use names that we are all familiar with.

In this sense as we are all supposed to be sikhs, then we should use Veerji,Bhenji or Paaji. or simply just the person's name with a 'Ji' on the end- like Rebel ji.

So please accustom yourselves to doing this in a respectful manner and stop this gora talk of matey mate dude!!!!

RebelSingh Ji Valeythia.

I know very well that in england calling each other mate is a mark of respect. Something the americans don't undertsand here or other people in other parts of the world.

I have travelled and lived all over mate!! I was born and raised there in UK, now i'm on the west pacific in North America and I fully undertsand your intention.

BUT, it is more acceptable since we are on this forum to use names that we are all familiar with.

In this sense as we are all supposed to be sikhs, then we should use Veerji,Bhenji or Paaji. or simply just the person's name with a 'Ji' on the end- like Rebel ji.

So please accustom yourselves to doing this in a respectful manner and stop this gora talk of matey mate dude!!!!

ok mate

Ji